CBS - MMA - Elite XC

Sports related topics.

CBS - MMA - Elite XC

Postby Single L » Sat May 31, 2008 11:16 pm

I'm a fan of MMA but not a pro on the topic as I have watched very few fights. Seeing how I havn't had cable for the past 2 years, I was pumped that MMA was on the Rabbit Ears.

All I have to say is that Elite XC is a joke compared to the UFC fights I have seen. CBS turned MMA into a WWE spectacle tonight as I was disappointed in the lack of professionalism they portrayed.

As for the fighting ............ the first two fights were your typical Pro Vs Joe 2 minute TKO matchups. I figured they could show case something better than that for their Network TV debut. The women’s fight was great, well fought and action packed. After this point they screwed the pooch. They called the best fight of the night due to a finger in the eye ..... an incident that should have resulted in a 5 minute rest, but some uppity Doc got her panties in a bunch and called it a minute into the rest. The main fight, Kimbo Vs the Britt, showed that Kimbo has fists and that's about it. He got worked on the ground, but in the end blasted that fool with a nice combo. This fight proved to me that Kimbo can be beat easily on the ground by a seasoned MMA pro. To top it off they called this fight as well because the Bitt’s whack ass cauliflower ear exploded. He would have got worked either way, but damn calling two good fights on your network debut is a great way to turn people off.

In the end CBS and Elite XC screwed their chance to expose MMA to the masses. I wish it would have been UFC instead of Elite XC, but hey this novice MMA fan with rabbit ears can’t be picky.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SpikeHyzer » Sat May 31, 2008 11:28 pm

Absolutely worthless. The Kimbo fight was a joke. Any true MMA fighter would have finished Kimbo with the first Kimora attempt. The Lawler fight had the makings for a good fight...but the stoppage kind of sucked. I agree with Corey in that the first few fights looked like a Pro vs. Joe type of fight. I think that Elite XC really shot themselves in the foot on this one.

At least the fights tomorrow night will be better. Tune into Versus and watch WEC. The main event has the potential for a really great fight.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:16 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote: Tune into Versus and watch WEC. The main event has the potential for a really great fight.
\

2 Epic battles on Vs. last night. EPIC! No one has taken Faber that far, and pulver was OUT the end of the second. I want Faber vs. Pulver 2!!!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby GERMY » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

The 135 lb title fight was a great bout also last night. It is a shame they called that one because of the swollen eye. That is another match I would like to see again. As for the CBS fights, it is just baffling to me that the Brit in the'HEADLINE FIGHT' lost his last two fights and one of the people he lost to was fighting on the undercard. You could tell they were trying to set Kimbo up for the win. Also, the fight before the Kimbo fight was a title fight. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD THAT NOT BE THE HEADLINER.
STILL LOST IN THE WOODS!!!!
(I MAY BE THE WORST GOLFER IN THE STATE OF IOWA, BUT I SURE DO HAVE FUN DOING IT)
GERMY

Postby Like_Water » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:18 pm

It's all about Hype, unfotunately.

If CBS had the WEC fights, today would be a completely different day for MMA.
Like_Water

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 pm

I can't wait to see the Lawler rematch... Coming this Sat (26th) on CBS...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:47 pm

first round was clean & decent... I like seeing lawler's jumping knee/punch combo. Hope to see it more tonight.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:55 pm

ok, he's a little over-cocky, but damn the guy's intense. Smith didnt seem to have as much tonight as last time, which is too bad. Sounds like he sat back, after cuttin lawler w/ the elbows, oh well. I expected these two to go 3+ rounds again, considering how tough they looked in their last chess match.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Like_Water » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:14 pm

The best fight Scott Smith had was vs Pete Sell, where Sell dropped him with a liver shot, and smith caught him coming him and knocked him out! Both dudes were on the ground at the end.

www.mmatko.com for all your video needs. :shock:
Like_Water

Postby 10up » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:29 pm

you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:46 pm

It hurts sometimes when your job is to get punched and kicked all the time. You should know that Dan...
Like_Water

Postby 10up » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:59 pm

I just thought it was funny that you could pretty much be balled up on PCP and Silva will still lay you out in less than 3.

and yes, it does hurt...
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Like_Water » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:04 pm

good to have you back buddy :lol:
Like_Water

Return to Sports