www.keepitwrigley.org

Sports related topics.

Postby O_D » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:06 pm

The only name change I would support is "Wrigley Field at MR. Beef Stadium"

How far would you drive for a Mr. Beef Combo?
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby KePP » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:08 pm

The new University of Phoenix stadium in Glendale was almost named Pink Taco stadium. Would've become my new favorite stadium.
KePP

Postby gocards300 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:13 pm

Wrigley Field is full of tourists and people who come to be seen, get a tan, stare at chicks and ivy, and above all: get drunk. Sure there's real fans mixed in there, but if you only counted them, the Cubs' attendance would be about as good as the Tampa Bay Rays.

Wrigley Field is built up to be this picturesque timeless shrine to everything good about baseball. What it really is: a urine-scented tourist trap full of drunk frat boys, yuppies on cell phones, and other types of idiots all gathered together to be oblivious of the team losing on the field.
gocards300

Postby KePP » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:15 pm

:lol:
KePP

Postby swan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:32 pm

gocards300 wrote:Wrigley Field is full of tourists and people who come to be seen, get a tan, stare at chicks and ivy, and above all: get drunk. Sure there's real fans mixed in there, but if you only counted them, the Cubs' attendance would be about as good as the Tampa Bay Rays.

Wrigley Field is built up to be this picturesque timeless shrine to everything good about baseball. What it really is: a urine-scented tourist trap full of drunk frat boys, yuppies on cell phones, and other types of idiots all gathered together to be oblivious of the team losing on the field.

The only thing worse than "a urine-scented tourist trap" is listening to a Cardinal fan talk about it.

To not appreciate Wrigley Field is the same as not liking baseball IMO. It may not measure up to the standards of the new parks these days, but there is nothing like walking up Clark Street on a Saturday afternoon in July on your way to a 1:20 game at Wrigley. Anyone who's ever done it knows what I'm talking about.
swan

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:02 pm

gocards300 wrote:Wrigley Field is full of tourists and people who come to be seen, get a tan, stare at chicks and ivy, and above all: get drunk. Sure there's real fans mixed in there, but if you only counted them, the Cubs' attendance would be about as good as the Tampa Bay Rays.

So you signed the petition then?

The new standiums aren't even about the sport anymore. Cluttered with large corprote advertising, trains, pools, shops, food vendors every 30 feet offering food that isn't even baseball worthy. I went to Bank One ballpark several years back. Didn't even feel like I was at a baseball park. Baseball is America's favorite past time. Wrigley is the prime example of that. I'll take drunk fat boys talking on their cell phones and scoping out hot chicks over empty seats. Who cares why they are there, as long as they're having fun.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby O_D » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:33 pm

I'd have to say the regulars in the bleachers are some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable in baseball (exception being Ronny Woo-Woo). I've been amazed to see girls give more crap to opposing outfielders over the most obscure facts. ie)where they played in the minors, ex-girlfriends, how many errors they had last time they were in town. Pretty funny when people study the opposing roster to see how they can heckle them.
Calmer than you are.
O_D

Postby swan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:20 pm

My first Ronnie Woo-Woo was Jay Johnstone. My brother and I still joke about that to this day. Jay WOO!! Johnstone WOO!! Hilarious...
swan

Postby gocards300 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Buzzznation wrote:So you signed the petition then?

Definitley. If they build a new stadium, that is one less thing to make fun of cubbies for. :lol:

Buzzznation wrote:The new standiums aren't even about the sport anymore.

What in baseball is?

Buzzznation wrote:I'll take drunk fat boys talking on their cell phones and scoping out hot chicks over empty seats.

I hope this is the only time I ever agree with you. :lol:
gocards300

Postby Abe Froman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:06 pm

the new stadiums now are like going to the fukin mall. i hate the mall. i want it to look, smell, and feel like a ballpark. tearing down most stadiums is a godsend, ive been to old cinergy in cincy, and old busch. they were ugly and impersonal. at wrigley u are 10 feet away from the players. and when you heckle them they can actually hear you. me and frog almost got griffey to miss a game finishing pop fly in center by yelling his name to get his attention. if you have been there u would not want it to go away. i want to take my kids to wrigley when they are old enuf. so they can get sucked into the following and be tortured forever, just like when i was a kid.
Abe Froman

Postby The Donator » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:02 pm

Jesus you have to be a baseball fan to sign this. I hate the Cubs just as much or more (prob not) as jay, but you gotta sign this. This is beyond hate for teams...its love for baseball.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby gocards300 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:50 am

Not to mention if they build a new stadium they will probably update the bathrooms from the piss troughs. Then after a rare cubs victory what would the cubs fans slide in. :lol:

Cubs Victory
gocards300

Postby KePP » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:09 am

:shock: That was the wrong bet to lose.
KePP

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:the new stadiums now are like going to the fukin mall. i hate the mall. i want it to look, smell, and feel like a ballpark.

go to the new Busch, and I guarantee you'll revise that statement. Miller Park in Milwaukee like a mall? U gotta be kiddin. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 am

GDL17921 wrote:
go to the new Busch, and I guarantee you'll revise that statement. Miller Park in Milwaukee like a mall? U gotta be kiddin. :lol:

projectpuffindiscman wrote:the new stadiums with good teams now are like going to the fukin mall. i hate the mall. i want it to look, smell, and feel like a ballpark.

:lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Sports