Kimbo vs. Tank - Tonight on Showtime

Sports related topics.

Kimbo vs. Tank - Tonight on Showtime

Postby Like_Water » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Tank looks outta shape!

Kimbo, KO round 1

It'll be on the internet before morning.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:08 am

Kimbo is one scarey motha. good fight!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:25 pm

are you talking Tank Abbott or someone new? wtf? lol
##39027
ghstinshll
 
Posts: 4143
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 am
Location: Des Moines Area

Postby Cydisc » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:47 pm

Ken Franks took up fighting?
User avatar
Cydisc
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Ames, IA

Postby Like_Water » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Lame. Glad it was free.

Glad the UFC is putting some good cards together.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:54 pm

did mr. T win? or ivan drago?
User avatar
Abe Froman
 
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:42 am
Location: legion park is my backyard

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:40 pm

mr. t, in 43 seconds i believe
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Postby RonRazz » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:09 am

Well I look at it this way Tank may have been a badass back in the day but he hasnt won a fight in almost a decade. As far as Kimbo, he seems to be pretty one dimensional in his fights, bar brawl style, and not very technical. I doubt he would be much of a show in a true MMA fight against a well rounded fighter with good ground work.
RonRazz
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:38 pm
Location: Davenport, IA

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:20 pm

true, if you are crazy enough to go near him.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:50 pm
Location: Quad Cities

Postby Chase20460 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:38 am

Ronrazz wrote:Well I look at it this way Tank may have been a badass back in the day but he hasnt won a fight in almost a decade. As far as Kimbo, he seems to be pretty one dimensional in his fights, bar brawl style, and not very technical. I doubt he would be much of a show in a true MMA fight against a well rounded fighter with good ground work.



There really hasnt been a need to be multi-dimensional. He hits people, they fall, sometimes tapping in the air.

I bet he whips whoevers ass you put in front in him.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
User avatar
Chase20460
 
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: 2630 16th St. Moline IL

Postby dx pete » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Yo Tanner--any word on a Faber vs. Pulver match coming up? Faber is a baaad dude, not sure if Jens' experience is enough. Curren (experienced) got Faber to round 2, but the blood in the eyes didn't help him after that.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:56 am
Location: QC USA

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:55 pm

Paul Buentello is calling out Kimbo Slice. That should make for a pretty decent fight. Buentello is a seasoned veteran, with a fairly well rounded game. So, at least he will pose more of a challenge than Tank.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
User avatar
SpikeHyzer
 
Posts: 2176
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Postby Like_Water » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:27 pm

dx pete wrote:Yo Tanner--any word on a Faber vs. Pulver match coming up? Faber is a baaad dude, not sure if Jens' experience is enough. Curren (experienced) got Faber to round 2, but the blood in the eyes didn't help him after that.


Man, that fight was supposed to be scheduled, but it seems for some reason they are waiting. i'm not sure if they want to try it out on a PPV, or what. They could be season 8 coaches of the ultimate fighter, who knows. I wish they'd get it on though.

Jens would have to knock him out I think. Faber is very dominant and confident, that's tough to beat. It would be sweet to see Jens pull it off though.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
User avatar
Like_Water
 
Posts: 5850
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:16 am
Location: Milky Way

Postby Eminem4president » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:24 pm

cydisc11895 wrote:Ken Franks took up fighting?


No, I put down fighting...
I don't "Owe You" like 2 vowels...

A million here, a million there...
User avatar
Eminem4president
 
Posts: 679
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:14 pm
Location: I'm hung like Einstein and smart as a horse.

Postby OU812_LukeS » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 am

Chase20460 wrote:
Ronrazz wrote:Well I look at it this way Tank may have been a badass back in the day but he hasnt won a fight in almost a decade. As far as Kimbo, he seems to be pretty one dimensional in his fights, bar brawl style, and not very technical. I doubt he would be much of a show in a true MMA fight against a well rounded fighter with good ground work.



There really hasnt been a need to be multi-dimensional. He hits people, they fall, sometimes tapping in the air.

I bet he whips whoevers ass you put in front in him.


I believe his fights have been fixed thus far. Tank made it look good by at least taking punches. It's not Kimbo's fault; he fights whomever they line him up against. Unfortunately they're just building his hype right now, pro-wrestling style. The guy deserves better, if you're knocking everyone out in less than a minute, you're not fighting the right people.

Ronrazz made a good point...against a more well-rounded fighter, he will have to be multi-dimensional...it is after all mixed martial arts. Watch Brock Lesnar's fight against former champ Frank Mir for a good example of why even the scariest fighters need to be well-rounded.

In case you haven't seen it, Kimbo has lost before...to a guy with some MMA background.

http://www.vidiac.com/video/F12AD660-0FF1-493D-B003-AD26E548ED01.htm
"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
OU812_LukeS
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:55 pm
Location: Mars


Return to Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests