UFC 80

Sports related topics.

UFC 80

Postby Like_Water » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:36 am

I think BJ has to win this fight. Stevenson isn't going to be easy to beat though...this should be a good fight. I'll take BJ.

Gonzaga, I just don't see many people stopping this guy. He reminds me of a gorilla. I think he'll win.

I think Marcus Davis will (T)KO Liaudin.

I hope Wilson Gouveia beats Lambert. If it gets into the second or third round I think he'll take it.

Da Spyder will take Rivera out, and probably out of the UFC.

The rest I don't really care too much about, I'd like to see the fights though. THis is just a warmup to UFC 81 and 82. Those will should be great cards.

Joe, what do you think about Brock Lesnar? That dude is really some kind of freak. I hope Mir beats him though.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:56 am

I won't be watching this PPV. But here are my predictions.

BJ Penn vs. Joe Stevenson: I think Penn will wipe the mat with Joe. I think Penn wins by submission in the first round.

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Fabricio Werdum: Gonaga will knock on Werdum late in the first round. I think that Gonzaga is a good fighter. Would like to see him take on Tim Silvia.

Jes Liaudlin vs. Marcus Davis: Davis is a slow starter usually. But, I see "The Irish Hand Grenade" KO'ing Liaudlin in the second round.

Wilson Gouveia vs. Jason Lambert: Both these guys are average light heavyweights. So they have a punchers chance. But I give the edge to Lambert because he has more UFC experience.

Jorge Rivera vs. Kenall Grove: The Spyder will have Jorge submitted in the first round.

Antoni Hardonk vs. Colin Robinson: I've seen one fight of Hardonk's and wasn't all that impressed. And I have never heard of Colin Robinson. But, I will go with youth on this one and take Hardonk.

Paul Kelly vs. Paul Taylor: Never headr of either of these guys. I will take Taylor on this.

James Lee vs. Alessio Sakara: Alessio Sakara is a middle of the road fighter. But, this is Lee's first fight in the UFC. So I will take Sakara.

Per Eklund vs. Sam Stout: Sam Stout has some heavy hands. He has fought a pretty good list of UFC fighters and Elite XC fighters. So I will take Stout over Eklund. KO second round.

As for Brock Lesnar...he is a big dude and was a good college wrestler. But I think Frank Mir will take him to school in their fight. Lesnar is just too green for a Mir level fighter. I think they could have set him up on an easier first fight.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:17 pm

You really need another thread for this crap?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Like_Water » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:51 pm

Chase20460 wrote:You really need another thread for this crap?

:cry:

New UFC, new thread.

I don't think we're breaking the bank. Go back to your WWE thread now please.
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Return to Sports