Reflexology/Stretch Therapy

Sports related topics.

Reflexology/Stretch Therapy

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am

I have found a stretch therapist here in Des Moines. He did a fantastic job getting me back into alignment, without adjustment. He completely understood why I was out of alignment once I described the throwing motion of disc golf. I highly recommend it to anyone having lower back/neck, or any other disc golf related issues.

Connections Massage on Ingersol. :wink:
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby z-man » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:08 am

Or you could just do a little yoga on a regular basis and keep all those kinks out of your back to begin with...not to mention strengthening your ankles, powerhouse (abdominals), arms, back, legs, breathing patterns, etc...I could go on and on but you get the idea...
I want to get a vending machine with fun sized candy bars...and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
-Mitch Hedberg
~namaste~
z-man

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 pm

A.K.A: Kinesiology... (I think) Good find, man!

Some chiropractors will specialize in using kinesiology to help their patients as well as adjustments. I had a knee problem in high school that a Palmer student took care of. he was interning w/ my childhood chiro, but helped get my knee healed quicker
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Cydisc » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Or you could just rub some dirt on it and play on.
Cydisc

Postby GaW27166 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:06 pm

cydisc11895 wrote:Or you could just rub some dirt on it and play on.
:lol:
GaW27166

Postby Like_Water » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm

z-man wrote:Or you could just do a little yoga on a regular basis and keep all those kinks out of your back to begin with...not to mention strengthening your ankles, powerhouse (abdominals), arms, back, legs, breathing patterns, etc...I could go on and on but you get the idea...

I plan on it. However, I've done alot of damage up to this point and feel like I need to be aligned first, then go from there. I'm already working on the powerhouse!
If it kills, I got news, it ain't a side effect
Like_Water

Postby SpikeHyzer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 pm

I've been working in some streching along with some massive weight training and cardio for the past few weeks. Overhead squats and power cleans seem to do the trick if you want to build up your core/explosive power.

A friend of mine was telling me that at the gym he works out at, the main strength coach there says that doing overhead squats will give you what he calls "daddy stength". I kind of laughed at that, but now realize what he was talking about.

Now...only if it would get nice enough outside to play some actual disc golf.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Return to Sports