MLB

Sports related topics.

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:08 pm

i thought u cubs fans loved Kerry Wood, guess not. even with his 12 trips to the DL in his career with them, u still stood by him. guess he will have more time to have relations with Prior now :shock:
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:40 pm

SARG27044 wrote:i thought u cubs fans loved Kerry Wood, guess not. even with his 12 trips to the DL in his career with them, u still stood by him. guess he will have more time to have relations with Prior now :shock:

Thanks Tyler for keeping me posted, I know who to turn to now for Cubnation news. I hadn't even seen that announcement. I like Kerry Wood. He was a large dissapointment for several years. However, he has rebounded nicely from the million surgeries/ injury's that he's had. It's safe to say that he has become one of the best closers in the game today. It's hard to believe that he has been in the league for 10 years now. As for the move. It was all in due time. Talk of Marmol taking over the closer role has been a hot topic for several years now. He is the Cubs closer of the future. And I am certain he will be just as dominate as Wood if not more so. I'll miss Woody, as will most Cubs fans. I'm sure Woods asking for more than the Cubs are willing to offer, and he will get that somewhere else for sure, and rightfully so.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:48 pm

yeah just about everyone in iowa loves wood. i did too when he was in his prime but i have a hard time liking players who make so much money to get injured every year, (Ken Griffey). i dont see too many big offers in the woodworks for Kerry though unfortunately with his injuries. i was a huge fan of Prior and wood the year they were kickin ass, but they havent impressed me since
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm willing to bet The Brew Crew will be in the Kerry Wood Sweepstakes, they are in dire need of a closer.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Gange? had a bad year but u cant deny the guy has the oppotunity to do some amazing shit
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:12 pm

SARG27044 wrote:Gange? had a bad year but u cant deny the guy has the oppotunity to do some amazing shit

:lol: Yeah if his jersey wasn't 4 sizes too big. sloppiest looking player in baseball IMO, with Fielder a close second. What a circus those 2 are.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:Gange? had a bad year but u cant deny the guy has the oppotunity to do some amazing shit

:lol: Yeah if his jersey wasn't 4 sizes too big. sloppiest looking player in baseball IMO, with Fielder a close second. What a circus those 2 are.
manny just looks like he stinks like shit, maybe its the hair. most of the red socks are pretty Chuckin scrubby lookin too when none of them shave for a few months. and yes when gagne played for the dodgers wasnt he always wearing that ratty old sweat stained hat?
SARG27044

Postby Single L » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Gange has not been the same since he went under the knife in 2005. He sat out most of 2005 and 2006. In 2007 he had good stats with the Rangers but was still plagued by the injury bug and in Boston, although he had some good games down the stretch, he was well below average. In 2008 ..... well you know the story. He's a free agent and if I were the Brew Crew I would pass. I see his future going downhill, he will have some amazing games, but I see him having more bad games than good.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:53 pm

SARG27044 wrote:[ most of the red socks are pretty Chuckin scrubby lookin too when none of them shave for a few months.

I'm going to bet that there is a reason the BoSox do that. A reason for superstition, team comradory, or whatever the cause may be. In high school there was a group of us seniors (Z would no what I'm talking about) that would all take our hats off while we were playing catch before the game. It was a tradition per say. We probably looked like idiots or out of place, but it was a good sense of team unity. Similar scenario I'm sure about the BoSox, they all grow out beards together acomplishing a sense of team unity. Gagne and Fielder just look like a couple of bums they pulled off the streets, and they ran out of uniforms, so they had to stitch the lettering on a XXX pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:55 am

so whats up with Cuban and the Cubbies? do these acusations of his insider trading hurt his chances of buying the cubs?
SARG27044

Postby HippieGolfWear » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:08 pm

a good chance he is out of the bidding unless he can bid from jail.
www.hippiegolfwear.com check it out...
Tipsy fuddled boozy groggy elevated
Prime did edit her
HippieGolfWear

Postby swan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:30 pm

If you happen to be conspiracy theorist, this story is pretty juicy. The MLB owners circle is pretty old school and it's been speculated they want nothing to with Cuban breaking into their game.

I'd bet my lunch money that more than one of these millionaires are owed a favor by someone at the SEC. Connect the dots. Just sayin'.

I think it's a bummer cuz Cuban would be great for the Cubs and great for baseball.

Also, big bump for Dustin Pedroia taking down AL MVP honors. Kid's a sick mutha who can stick it with the best of them and he's a web game candidate any given night. Well done Pedey.
swan

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:55 pm

He was out of the running for the Cubs before all this insider trading stuff came to light. MLB said that they werent going to let him buy the Cubs anyway.
dischawk

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:12 pm

swan wrote:Also, big bump for Dustin Pedroia taking down AL MVP honors. Kid's a sick mutha who can stick it with the best of them and he's a web game candidate any given night. Well done Pedey.

Heck yeah. Star of my fantasy team obviously. It seameed he was 2 for 3 or 2 for 4 like every game the second half of the season. If he stays healthy a lot of good years to come for him.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:46 pm

Im pretty sure you can chalk up his his 66 consecutive save record to the roids, it was a damn fun ride while it lasted though!
discgolfduval

PreviousNext

Return to Sports