MLB

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:16 am

This talk of a neutral site World Series is making me sick ....... what a joke. They keep comparing it to the Super Bowl.
A) Its 7 games (or at minimum), not one game
B) Good luck putting seats in the stands for 4-7 games.
C) It's not football.

My opinion is to shorten the season by a few weeks and have the World Series end in late September or early November. Image if (big if) the Cubs made the World Series and they had to play in say San Diego, and not Wrigley :shock:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby MDR_3000 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:32 am

I bet it'll still fill with Cubs fans.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:00 am

MDR_3000 wrote:I bet it'll still fill with Cubs fans.

And that's even if they were playing Oakland.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby dischawk » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:37 pm

Pinella won NL manager of the year for you Cubs fans that care. Charlie Manuel of the Phillies got 2nd... i wonder if he cares, haha!

Joe Maddon won for the AL and got all but one of the first place votes. There was some chump that didnt vote for him. Honestly, how did that guy put Ron Gardenhire over Joe Maddon, I'm almost convinced that guy doesn't even watch baseball outside of Minnesota.
dischawk

Postby swan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:29 pm

Maddon deserved it hands down IMO, but Gardenhire got that team into contention when no one else gave them any hope at all. They lost Santana and all the other teams in the AL central were beefing up. Even their big trade of Garza/Bartlett for Delmon Young flopped. The Twins did a lot this year without much of anything outside of Mauer and Morneau.

Maddon deserved the honor, but voting for Gardenhire isn't a complete dunce move.
swan

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:34 am

Piniella was a given. Hence the lack of hype on the Cubs forum.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:48 am

Buzzznation wrote:Piniella was a given. Hence the lack of hype on the Cubs forum.
what did he do other than manage a stacked team and put them into a great position to LOSE? THE Phillies manager deserves more credit for taking a team that no one thought would do anything and turning them into champs
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:02 am

SARG27044 wrote: what did he do other than manage a stacked team and put them into a great position to LOSE?
Come on Tyler, just cause you hate the Cubs doesn't mean the manager sucks. What did he do?
He did something most mngrs won't do, he put the best players on the field regardless of name and salary. He's loved by all Cubs fans, and they had the best record in the national league. I'll be the first to say that success starts on the feild and not from the dugout. However, You could have an all star at every position, but it takes a good mngr to orchestrate how those players mesh, and play together. There is a lot more to managing than jsut filling out the lineup and making changes on the field. Yes, Lou has taken a lot of negative criticism for starting Dempster game one(not including myself), but had Dempster thrown a gem like he had been the last 2 months and pretty much the entire year, it would have been a genious move.

THE Phillies manager deserves more credit for taking a team that no one thought would do anything and turning them into champs

No one thought they would do anything? that's funny. Sure the Met's were highly favored at the beginning of the season to win the division. But nobody said the Phillies wouldn't do anything. They had a stacked team as well.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Buzzznation wrote:The Dodgers murdered us. Hence the lack of hype on the Cubs forum.

Agreed.
discgolfduval

Postby dischawk » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:25 pm

Buzzznation wrote:lack of hype on the Cubs forum.

didnt know that was possible!
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

Aaron, your Yanks acquired Nick Swisher and his .219 batting avg...

worst batting average among players with at least 502 plate appearances, the number needed to qualify for the batting title.
dischawk

Postby The Donator » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:05 pm

I know, hes still a "name," which everyone knows the Yanks fall in love with to sign. See Jason Giambi.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby gocards300 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:53 am

Buzzznation wrote:He did something most mngrs won't do, he put the best players on the field regardless of name and salary.

What about Fuku? He didn't have a hit after may and played pretty much every game.
gocards300

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:49 am

gocards300 wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:He did something most mngrs won't do, he put the best players on the field regardless of name and salary.

What about Fuku? He didn't have a hit after may and played pretty much every game.

Maybe so, still was one of the game's premier defensive right feilders. that it's hard to give up on a guy who was one of the hottest hitters in the majors through April and May. You hope it's jus a slump, unrfortunately it ended up being a 4 month slump.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:57 am

And he didnt start all the second half games
frogawitdafizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Sports