43%
No
29%
I'd never play in a league that had such a rule
29%

Total votes : 7

Lineups in before first game

Postby Jim C » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:09 pm

OK here's the deal, our commish has it set so our lineups have to be locked before the first game every week.
It hasn't ever been such a big deal dealing with the one time this would happen on Thanksgiving. But this year i am in the playoffs and had a tough choice on Thursday. Between Bush, Gore, lynch and J. lewis I had to start 2.
Lewis was a given so that left 3. Gore Was facing the #1 D in Minn so he got benched, Lynch hadn't played in 3 weeks and was listed as Questionable, which left Bush who got the start. Then we got to Friday and the bad news came in waves, Bush is possible done for the year and now Lynch is almost a #1 RB play after no swelling for a Thursday practice. I don't think I'll be back in this league if this rule isn't amended .
Jim C

Postby dischawk » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm

My main league was like that last year... it makes it real tough to make that call. I told my commish this year to switch it this year so lineups can be switched up until game time, just for the reason you explained too.
A player can have their status changed between Thursday and Sunday and I don't think its fair to have lineups locked on Thursday when only 2 teams are playing. I have Bush and Lynch in my league this year and now I plan on starting Lynch but I wasn't going to yesterday
dischawk

Re: Lineups in before first game

Postby Cydisc » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:31 am

Jim C wrote:Between Bush, Gore...

You're in a 2000 Presidential Election fantasy league? I'd play Bush and leave him in.
Cydisc

Return to Sports