BCS, Bowl games

Sports related topics.

BCS, Bowl games

Postby dischawk » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:22 pm

Which bowl game will be the best? Worst?

Nat'l Championship (or so they say) - Ohio State v. LSU

Rose - USC v. Illinois

Orange - Virginia Tech v. Kansas

Sugar - Hawaii v. Georgia

Fiesta - Oklahoma v. West Virginia

Best - Fiesta
Worst - Orange

As for the other bowls, maybe Wisconsin should've waited for the Capital One bowl to call b/c Michigan is going to the Capital One with and 8-4 record and Wisconsin is going to the Outback with a 9-3 record... strange
dischawk

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:46 pm

ROSE BOWL BITCHES
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Re: BCS, Bowl games

Postby 10up » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:12 pm

dischawk wrote:Which bowl game will be the best? Worst?

Nat'l Championship (or so they say) - Ohio State v. LSU This should be an okay game until the final quarter when LSU gains and holds at least a two possesion lead. 2nd Worst

Rose - USC v. Illinois Sorry to say but this won't even be a game. USC is the hottest team in football right now and they are going to walk all over the Illini. 3rd worst

Orange - Virginia Tech v. Kansas This will be about as exciting as a saucer of goat cum. Worst

Sugar - Hawaii v. Georgia I don't think myself or anybody else has any idea really how good Hawaii may or may not be in a real game. This gets my "Best of the Worst" seal solely on the speculation factor

Fiesta - Oklahoma v. West Virginia who cares?

you heard it first here.

Notice, I refuse to call any of them "The Best".
Last edited by 10up on Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby AO » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:13 pm

AO

Postby Abe Froman » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:16 pm

flyinplastic23 wrote:illinois will get blown the fuk out in the ROSE BOWL BITCHES
:P :P :P
Abe Froman

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:51 pm

i didnt say we are going to win. but if your an illini fan we have been waiting a long time to have a successful season! soo congrats to the boys that have been working hard all season! Traditionally the Rosebowl has been a PAC 10 and Big Ten show down, even if another team made more sense. oh well. fun for me.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Single L » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:21 pm

flyinplastic23 wrote:i didnt say we are going to win. but if your an illini fan we have been waiting a long time to have a successful season! soo congrats to the other conferences for beating up each other so us non-championship playing Big Ten pansies can back into the BCS with 2 teams! Traditionally the Rosebowl has been a PAC 10 and Big Ten show down, even if another team made more sense. oh well. fun for me.

Nat'l Championship – LSU easily, in regulation!!!!!

Sugar – Most intriguing. Will be nice to see Hawaii on a large stage against a quality opponent. Hawaii’s win will raise more questions and adds another cog in the Playoff Machine.

Orange – The worst level of play, but a close game with two teams no one will give a crap about. Va Tech wins

Rose – HAHAHA USC rolls to an easy victory in the worst match-up of the bunch (Juice does make a nice play and ends up on ESPN Top 10)

Fiesta – Best game out of the bunch. West Virginia wins if Mr. White brings his A game.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby dischawk » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:16 am

given everyone's losses, i'd say LSU backed into the game too...
i can't say who does deserve to be there b/c OBVIOUSLY there arent 2 top teams, all the more reason for a playoff, but the ignorant people in charge of college football love the $$$ too damn much, until then, more griping for the next 20+ years
dischawk

Postby The Donator » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:15 am

Either way thank GOD we didnt have to watch Mizz in the Natl Championship game. Illinois vs/ USC??? LOL!!!
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:14 am

dischawk wrote:given everyone's losses, i'd say LSU backed into the game too...

I'm not sure I would say LSU backed into it, they just got some help.
LSU is the Best Team from the Best Conference in College Football, so in that respect they deserve it.

Mizzou got, hosed they deserve to be there over Kansas and Illinois any way you slice it.
Last edited by Single L on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:37 am

Wow I dont even know where to start. The Rose Bowl BIGGEST joke I have seen for a while. USC rolls. Illinois in the Rose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange bowl = who cares

Sugar = prob the best matchup in my opinion just because we finally get to see Hawaii up against some competition and who know whats going to happen here.

Fiesta = The best team in the country (Oklahoma) rolls again

Anyways another dissapointing bowl season to say the least.
GaW27166

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:43 am

Hey, at least Illinois vs. USC gives you loser UNI and Hawkeye fans something to WATCH on TV. You wont be cheering for your teams, thats for sure. Except all you newly crowned OSU and LSU fans........

And yeah, Illinois vs. USC is a pretty stupid match-up. On the other hand, Illinois has a solid defense and a running game that is one of the best in the nation. They could make a game of it, and Im calling for the upset. ( Mainly because Im a fan, but slightly because they have beaten better teams than USC.) USC may be playing hot now, but they are also way overrated and almost always are. It isnt like Illinois is playing terrible football right now, take out the Hawkeye loss and they would be close to, if not in, the Top 10.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Single L » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:57 am

Chase20460 wrote:Hey, at least Illinois vs. USC gives you loser UNI and Hawkeye fans something to WATCH on TV......

Maybe the Hawk fans, but I got to watch my team play twice this post season, more than you can say about your Illini.
That same group of Rose Bowl supporters that choose tradition over quality is just another reason that a Playoff is a dream. Too Much Chuckin' Power in Money :evil:
Single L

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Playoffs are never going to happen dude, give it up. Would it be better ? Yes. Is it ever going to happen? NO.

UNI. Pffft. We are talking about grown up football here. Pipe down.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 pm

Obviously all I care about is the Rose Bowl. And I think Illinois will make a game of it. I don't expect them to win, but it won't be a blow out. And blame it on whatever, they are still in the Rose Bowl, and that puts a smile on my face no matter what the outcome. And a lot more than most other people can say about their team in the state of Iowa. Go Illinois!!! It will definately be worth making a tee-shirt if they do pull the upset :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Next

Return to Sports