Cubs' Offseason preperation for '08

Sports related topics.

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:40 pm

dischawk wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:
But seriously, I'm calling it right now.... a winning season.

Surprise Surprise!!! :shock: :shock:

I didn't have to call that. It's a no brainer :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SoCal19 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:56 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
SoCalSprtsbum32038 wrote:The Jones deal was a good one. We dumped most of Jones' contract and picked up a good utility player who we traded for a bullpen pitcher with some electric stuff. Don't know if you guys heard or not, but the Cubs signed Kosuke Fukudome last night. The pieces will start to fall into place now that he is locked up. We'll probably see the cubs land Brian Roberts over the next few days and pick up another starting pitcher. Things are looking good for next year. Potential Lineup;

Soriano LF
Roberts 2B
Lee 1B
Ramirez 3B
Fukudome CF
Derosa RF, 2B, 3B, 1B
Soto C
Theriot SS

Pitching Staff;

Zambrano
Lilly
Free Agent pickup or Trade
Hill
Gallagher, Hart or Dempster

Bullpen

Wood
Marmol
Howry
Eyre
Asencio
Lahey
Gallagher, Hart, Petrick or Dempster(whoever doesn't make the rotation)

Obviously the pitching situation would change with the Roberts trade, rumors are that either Hill or Gallagher would be moved in the deal with Patterson, Pie or another prospect. We'll see what happends, but I like the 2008 Cubs roster already.

Thanks for the breakdown SoCal. But, you forgot about Prior for the rotation :lol:

But seriously, I'm calling it right now. All in good health the Cub's will have one of if not the most dominant bullpens in the majors. Which is a very important attribute for a winning season. I almost feel more comfortable not having Dempster in the bullpen. If he can prove to be a starter all the better. I'm also calling Soto to be amonst the uppper echelon of catchers offensively. And if this Fukdome character turns out to be anything close to what they are making of him. It should be smooth sailing.

I've always been a Z-Bo fan with the dramatics and over the top emotions, but with his performance following the big contract extension, he's been on thin ice with me. It'd better be back to the old ways with him, or there is going to be a lot of booing in Wrigley when he takes the mound.

I don't forsee Prior even stepping on a baseball field next year. The Cubs should dump him. Did they even non-tender him?
SoCal19

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:59 pm

you guyz are out of control. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:21 pm

Just in Prior is gone. Good Bye. You can easily hate a person for wanting more than they were paid last year, a multi year deal and hasn't really pitched in 2 years. I hope he goes to the yankees and becomes the next Carl Pavano
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:47 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote: Prior is gone. Good Bye.

fukin shit. now i have 2 authentic jerseys that aren't worth dick. for future refrence if you choose to spend $150+ on a baseball jersey just get the players # and not the name on the back, so at least after they go to the next team you can still wear the goddamn thing :roll:
Abe Froman

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:59 am

I'll trade you one for one of my McGwire jerseys. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:11 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote:Just in Prior is gone.

Dang it. I'm not going to have anything to talk about now. Aside from collecting team Jersyeys (Iknow guys that have to get a jersey from every player) I stick to only getting the greats. You can't get criticized for wearing a Cub's Maddux jersey, or a Sandberg. Get ready to throw Soto in that mix. :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 am

The Cub's roster isn't the only thing on the rise

Renovation

I know that the Cub's playing surface has been rated as one of the worst by MLB players.

Note that the head groundskeeper for the Sox coordinated the work. Take that for what it's worth.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:52 am

Buzzznation wrote:The Cub's roster isn't the only thing on the rise

Renovation

I know that the Cub's playing surface has been rated as one of the worst by MLB players.

Note that the head groundskeeper for the Sox coordinated the work. Take that for what it's worth.

he did fenway too. he was known as the best turf\feild designer is baseball
Abe Froman

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:00 am

If the ball's don't bounce the Cub's way, we know who to blame :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby dischawk » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:04 pm

The groundskeeper for the I-cubs was named turf manager of the year in '06... maybe they should "call him up".
dischawk

Postby SoCal19 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:47 pm

The Cubs just resigned Neal Cotts avoiding salary arbitration. Looks like he will be the other lefty in the bullpen if the Cubs don't deal Eyre. Whit don't get to hopped up on Soto, because there has been many Jim Hendry quotes with Soto's name in trade deals, especially the deal for Chone Figgins.
SoCal19

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:35 pm

don't we have another good catcher in the minors, called up for a bit last year ?
frogawitdafizzle

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:48 pm

koyie hill. but he pails in comparison to soto. he couldn't hit shit last year but as a defensive catcher he was up to par. either way we start a catcher that will be able to actually throw someone out stealing 2nd. which barrett and kendall could not do to save their life.
Abe Froman

Postby SoCal19 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:41 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote:don't we have another good catcher in the minors, called up for a bit last year ?

Yeah, his name is Jake Fox. He can hit the hell out of the ball, but isn't a great defensive catcher. He's basically been made into and outfielder/firstbaseman. He was called up last year to be a right handed stick off of the bench and to play right field. I know Piniella isn't a big fan.
SoCal19

PreviousNext

Return to Sports