College Basketball

Sports related topics.

Postby dischawk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:27 pm

porkchop wrote:
dischawk wrote:Hmm, didnt those guys ^^^ lose to these guys >>> Hawks

I knew some turd nugget would bring this up :roll:

The two schools play early in the season and this will almost always hurt UNI. UNI will naturally have less talent then BCS schools, so they recruit smart players that can adapt to a system and that fit in the system. Iowa gets solid talent that may or may not be too bright and may or may not fit the system; it usually ends up being a nightly one man show. Seeing how they play early natural talent will win 8 out of 10 times versus a system structure. By the way UNI’s best shooters are a Juco transfer and a Freshman, so naturally it took them awhile to get the system down and get into game mode ........ now they are rolling. Look at the two programs today; UNI is playing very confidently and the system is running at full steam. Meanwhile Iowa is still trying to win on talent, but the talent doesn’t’ fit the system or the talent can't stay eligible. Depth is another issue. If Iowa’s “talent” has an off night they loss, If UNI’s starters are struggling their bench steps up, because the system runs past the starters or main talent. Let play this game later in the season when both schools should be performing at their best and see who wins.

Well thats gotta be the longest excuse ive ever read...err half read, b/c there is no point in reading that novel
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:33 pm

GaW27166 wrote:Now if Harrison Barnes comes to Iowa I think your argument is more valid. He needs to get out of here and go to UNC or Duke. He is only one of the top 5 players in the nation.

I just saw this guy play for the first time the other day on the Mediacom channel (vs. my old high school Waukee) and i was amazed. Now I know Waukee isnt exactly the best measuring stick but Barnes was all over the place, knocking down threes, driving thru the lane for easy dunks, blocking (or slamming) any shot away that was put up in the lane. That guy is just crazy to watch. He can go anywhere he wants but right now his list has Iowa, Iowa State, Indiana, Kentucky, and Texas on it. I'm not sure if he's good enough to be one and done, especially since he still has another year of high school left but it'd be sweet to see him here at Iowa.
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 pm

dischawk wrote:
GaW27166 wrote:Now if Harrison Barnes comes to Iowa I think your argument is more valid. He needs to get out of here and go to UNC or Duke. He is only one of the top 5 players in the nation.

I just saw this guy play for the first time the other day on the Mediacom channel (vs. my old high school Waukee) and i was amazed. Now I know Waukee isnt exactly the best measuring stick but Barnes was all over the place, knocking down threes, driving thru the lane for easy dunks, blocking (or slamming) any shot away that was put up in the lane. That guy is just crazy to watch. He can go anywhere he wants but right now his list has Iowa, Iowa State, Indiana, Kentucky, and Texas on it. I'm not sure if he's good enough to be one and done, especially since he still has another year of high school left but it'd be sweet to see him here at Iowa.

It doesnt matter if it is Waukee or Valley, or East or anyone hell even ISU. He does it to all of them!! The kid is going to be outstanding and could be a one and done type guy but who knows. Like you said he is only a junior. You know when coach K comes to ames Iowa to watch a Junior play that he is something special.
GaW27166

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm

Iowa has 0 chance of seeing Harrison Barnes, if he stays in the state, hes going to be a Clone.
discgolfduval

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm

dischawk wrote:Well thats gotta be the longest excuse ive ever read...err half read, b/c there is no point in reading that novel

Well enjoy winning 3 more conference games and finishing in the bottom of the Big Ten .......... Don't hesitate to root for UNI when their in the Big Dance :wink:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm

lol, good one there Fausch. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 pm

discgolfduval wrote:Iowa has 0 chance of seeing Harrison Barnes, if he stays in the state, hes going to be a Clone.

Actually from what I have read its like 5% chance Iowa 0% chance ISU. Either way he isnt going to stay in state.
GaW27166

Postby Bradbalk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:11 pm

Barnes will go where all good Iowa Players go to play college ball, Kansas, lol.
Is this the line for the beer, or the line for the coupons for the beer?
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Postby The Donator » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Lol well Corey you just have college basketball figured out dont ya? Send me your resume and ill just send yours instead of mine to the places im applying to :D
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:43 am

Hey good job cyclones on your whoppin 49 points last night :roll: :lol:
SARG27044

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:06 pm

FIGHTING Chuckin ILLINI!

They just may shock some people this tourney if they dont wait until the seocnd half to start playing.

Is there a better young team in the country?
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby papparoc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:11 am

The Illini pulled one out of their butt last night.
papparoc

Postby AO » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am

Forgot to post this last week but did anyone see Kaylon Williams for Evansville make the top play on ESPN? Half court buzzzer beater to win. Kaylon went to CR Kennedy and was a stud there for 3 years. Might be Valley newcomer of the year.
AO

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Chase20460 wrote:
Is there a better young team in the country?

No. Definately one of the most improved teams of the year as well. It's nice to see Illinois finishing on the good end of those types of games. The last 2 years we've suffered watching them lose by a point here and couple there after being ahead. The Beg Ten Tournament is going to be great. Just about any team could take it down except for N'Wstrn and Iowa.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:12 pm

never count Iowa out in the tournament. they seem to play there best b-ball in situations where they have no chance of getting to the dance. Im just hoping my Badgers can do something, cuz its not looking good
SARG27044

PreviousNext

Return to Sports