College Basketball

Sports related topics.

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:52 am

i think he knows what And 1 is! he wanted to know what And 1 player it was :roll:
SARG27044

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

It was several AND 1 guys, cant remember their names right now, it wasnt any of the older ones though. But it was cool, he was ALWAYS on his phone texting in class, and NEVER took notes, but when the professor would see him hed be like "that better be beasley or rose otherwise ima be pissed" and hed be like "yeah its beas, look" and it was always him. We were the only two in the back row so i always got to see what Beasley and Rose and them were sayin.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Yawn .............. what is this the Hawkeye Basketball Fan's bring up stupid shit so we don’t have to talk about our horrible team thread?

This is the college basketball thread, we should be talking about solid college b-ball, not the Hawks .......... and who is playing the hottest b-ball in the state?

<--------------------- oh that's right these guys :D :D
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

YAWN! :lol: Yeah i gotta give props to UNI. They are always solid in B-BALL
SARG27044

Postby dischawk » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:14 pm

Hmm, didnt those guys ^^^ lose to these guys >>> Hawks
Holy shit we got a psycho in league! Don't piss that kid off!
dischawk

Postby The Donator » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:31 pm

porkchop wrote:Yawn .............. what is this the Hawkeye Basketball Fan's bring up stupid shit so we don’t have to talk about our horrible team thread?

Not much else to bring up about the Hawks :lol: :lol:
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:47 pm

dischawk wrote:Hmm, didnt those guys ^^^ lose to these guys >>> Hawks

I knew some turd nugget would bring this up :roll:

The two schools play early in the season and this will almost always hurt UNI. UNI will naturally have less talent then BCS schools, so they recruit smart players that can adapt to a system and that fit in the system. Iowa gets solid talent that may or may not be too bright and may or may not fit the system; it usually ends up being a nightly one man show. Seeing how they play early natural talent will win 8 out of 10 times versus a system structure. By the way UNI’s best shooters are a Juco transfer and a Freshman, so naturally it took them awhile to get the system down and get into game mode ........ now they are rolling. Look at the two programs today; UNI is playing very confidently and the system is running at full steam. Meanwhile Iowa is still trying to win on talent, but the talent doesn’t’ fit the system or the talent can't stay eligible. Depth is another issue. If Iowa’s “talent” has an off night they loss, If UNI’s starters are struggling their bench steps up, because the system runs past the starters or main talent. Let play this game later in the season when both schools should be performing at their best and see who wins.
Last edited by Single L on Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:51 pm

Nice turd nugget call out there Philips, I just have one recommendation--------smoke some pot. .:lol: :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm

GDL4000 wrote:Nice turd nugget call out there Philips, I just have one recommendation--------smoke some pot. .:lol: :lol:

No, I’m good ....... It would probably have a reverse reaction with me and I’d be like a Humming bird on cocaine :shock:
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 pm

I am pretty sure that Iowa's best players are all underlassmen.
GaW27166

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 pm

^^^^^
That are ineligible :lol:

And as far as Gatens, the kids a retard. Apparently he wants to be close enough to suck mom’s tit and get his diaper changed. I have never understood local talent staying around to play on mediocre teams at best when they could do much better ........ Homer Syndrome for sure. The kid should be playing somewhere much better like the ACC or Big East ........ WHERE HE CAN WIN
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:28 pm

porkchop wrote:^^^^^
That are ineligible :lol:

And as far as Gatens, the kids a retard. Apparently he wants to be close enough to suck mom’s tit and get his diaper changed. I have never understood local talent staying around to play on mediocre teams at best when they could do much better ........ Homer Syndrome for sure. The kid should be playing somewhere much better like the ACC or Big East ........ WHERE HE CAN WIN

Gatans is a life long Iowa fan. His dad played for Iowa. It was his dream to play for Iowa. And I wasnt just talking about him. Jake Kelly is a soph apparently he traveled all they way from Indiana to play on a mediocre team. Or maybe it is the fact that Iowa actually has a decent coach that is GOOD at devolping players. See the Gornstar in his senoir year. (not saying he was good but he did make remarkable improvements) He is only in his second year and has yet to put a FULL team of his players on the court. I think you will be suprised in the next couple of years. Just like you were suprised this year with the football program.
GaW27166

Postby Single L » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:57 pm

I'm not debating if Lickliter can get the job done, because I think he is capable. I'm just trying to silence that "we beat you so we’re better than you" clown up. I think good things will come; it's just going to take a bit.

Oh ....... and I don't care if your Great Grandpa, Grandpa, and Dad all played for or went to Iowa. When you got skills get the hell out of Dodge. As far as Kelly, he came all the way from Indiana because he couldn't make it at Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc ....... :lol: :lol:

(actually he was probably thinking of going to Butler, but decided to follow the ole' ball coach to Iowa)
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 pm

porkchop wrote:I'm not debating if Lickliter can get the job done, because I think he is capable. I'm just trying to silence that "we beat you so we’re better than you" clown up. I think good things will come; it's just going to take a bit.

Oh ....... and I don't care if your Great Grandpa, Grandpa, and Dad all played for or went to Iowa. When you got skills get the hell out of Dodge. As far as Kelly, he came all the way from Indiana because he couldn't make it at Indiana, Purdue, Notre Dame, etc ....... :lol: :lol:

(actually he was probably thinking of going to Butler, but decided to follow the ole' ball coach to Iowa)

Im pretty sure I could play at Indiana right now!! :lol:
GaW27166

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Now if Harrison Barnes comes to Iowa I think your argument is more valid. He needs to get out of here and go to UNC or Duke. He is only one of the top 5 players in the nation.
GaW27166

PreviousNext

Return to Sports