ILLINOIS UPSETS #1 OHIO STATE

Sports related topics.

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:13 am

Michigan wouldn't be in the hypothetical playoff anyway
dischawk

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 am

OK Iowa fan, get your emotions out of the picture, this is the flaw with the current rating system and the decisions on who goes to what bowls...........

USA Today uses a Computer Model to compute ratings......I know computers don’t take certain elements into play, but they also don't include emotions.......Jeff Saragin has been using a computer based formula since 1985.

Team Ratings

Conference Ratings which uses the Team Ratings, but puts more weight on the middle teams as to lessen the influence of anomaly’s, good and bad.

Once again before you rip this poll (as I’m sure the Iowa fan will seeing how they are rated poorly) read the details of the model, it’s as good as any other one out there, they all have flaws.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:31 am

Buzzznation wrote:With the slow start the Michigan had, I don't think that they deserve to have a chance to be the national champion, with the BCS that oppurtunity is lost, where with a playoff system they still could win it all.

Warning: I'm going to blow this way out of proportion.............

...........So you’re saying that Colorado didn't deserve to be in the World Series, they had a slow start and surge through in the end and had a chance to win it all. All Sports are this way, why not college football???????

I know Baseball is not Football...........I can take it, let’s hear it............
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:49 am

porkchop wrote:
Buzzznation wrote:With the slow start the Michigan had, I don't think that they deserve to have a chance to be the national champion, with the BCS that oppurtunity is lost, where with a playoff system they still could win it all.

Warning: I'm going to blow this way out of proportion.............

...........So you’re saying that Colorado didn't deserve to be in the World Series, they had a slow start and surge through in the end and had a chance to win it all. All Sports are this way, why not college football???????

I know Baseball is not Football...........I can take it, let’s hear it............

Actually I think the Cub's deserved to be in the World Sereis :D MLB is a 162 game season, which I do think is too long in my opinion, as opposed to what? 13 games in college football. You have to win just about that many games in the MLB playoffs alone. And Colorado's end of the season run was an exception, that does not happen very often. All I am trying to say is in a college football atmosphere I like to see the emphasis of winning every game during the regular season, which the BCS emphasises. Like I said, I don't agree with it, and it will continue to be a hot argument as long as its around. Heck, if a presidential canidate had getting rid of the BCS system as a forum topic, he'd win by a landslide. :o
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:33 pm

porkchop wrote:USA Today uses a Computer Model to compute ratings......I know computers don’t take certain elements into play, but they also don't include emotions.......Jeff Saragin has been using a computer based formula since 1985.

We all know how accurate and perfect computer rankings are... (BCS)
dischawk

Postby dx pete » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:57 pm

The bowl system is fine. A playoff system that goes too in depth would wreck college footbal. What incentive would recruits have to go to any particular school? As long as just about any team had a shot at the title, the national talent would spread out. The schools would be making less money in the post season to spend on their programs and so on and so on until it looked like the NFL as far as parrity. How many fans can travel to that many games? Each college game MEANS something the way it is, why wreck it.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:05 pm

GDL2000 wrote:
projectpuffindiscman wrote:fausch come back to earth.

:?: where the hell is his post? :?:

um, me was drinkin whiskey last nite. i meant dischawk
Abe Froman

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:09 pm

dischawk wrote:
porkchop wrote:USA Today uses a Computer Model to compute ratings......I know computers don’t take certain elements into play, but they also don't include emotions.......Jeff Saragin has been using a computer based formula since 1985.
Once again before you rip this poll (as I’m sure the Iowa fan will seeing how they are rated poorly) read the details of the model, it’s as good as any other one out there, they all have flaws.

We all know how accurate and perfect computer rankings are... (BCS)

Wow, I never thought of that :roll:
Nice to see you can use the delete button. Aaron, kick you bro in the head for me........
Single L

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:10 pm

FYI - Your posting priviliges will be revoked in this forum if the cubs are ever mentioned again.

We went through 8 god damned months of that shit... let it alone for a little bit and banter about other useless crap, just sans cubs...

:roll:
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm

10up wrote:FYI - Your posting priviliges will be revoked in this forum if the cubs are ever mentioned again.

We went through 8 god damned months of that shit... let it alone for a little bit and banter about other useless crap, just sans cubs...

eat it
Abe Froman

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:44 pm

projectpuffindiscman wrote:
10up wrote:FYI - Your posting priviliges will be revoked in this forum if the cubs are ever mentioned again.

eat it

Hey, is that the 2008 Iowa Tour stamp :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:45 pm

10up wrote:FYI - Your posting priviliges will be revoked in this forum

Oh, just like your Bushwacker membership :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:53 pm

You'd be hard pressed to figure out which one I cared less about :wink:

Lets do it this way Whitson, I'll meet you at Ewing at 2:30ish, if you win, I'll become a Cubs fan, if I win, no cubs talk - two months.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:04 pm

porkchop wrote:Once again before you rip this poll (as I’m sure the Iowa fan will seeing how they are rated poorly) read the details of the model, it’s as good as any other one out there, they all have flaws.

I'm not saying that b/c we are rated poorly, I hate the BCS in general.

On the flip side would you even quote the poll or bring any of the UNI talk up if your team wasn't undefeated?
dischawk

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:53 pm

10up wrote:You'd be hard pressed to figure out which one I cared less about :wink:

Lets do it this way Whitson, I'll meet you at Ewing at 2:30ish, if you win, I'll become a Cubs fan, if I win, no cubs talk - two months.

I'm up for this bet (not today obviously), but some Saturday sure. By becoming a Cubs fan do mean saying that you are, or gong to Sheel's and buying a Ramirez jersy, authentic game cap, and season tickets to the I-Cub's :D
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Sports