ILLINOIS UPSETS #1 OHIO STATE

Sports related topics.

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:52 pm

Your seeing the light...........I would agree that UNI would have to prove it and that they would be challenged in any conference and might not win the conference right away...................but I was only trying to get you to agree thay can compete..........funny to see you changed you tune in 11 minutes.............are you running for president or something, HAHA
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:54 pm

GaWDiscn360 wrote:.......the level of play week in and week out is much more intense than the teams they play now.

I would say that the Gateway's level of play is just as high as the f'ng Sun Belt.........
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:56 pm

I should be :!:
GaW27166

Postby Single L » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM
Illinois upsets #1 Ohio State
Single L

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:01 pm

Wow I was about to right the same thing. :lol:

Totally of the subject there, but hey it got me threw work today!
GaW27166

Postby The Donator » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm

Jesus did i really have to scroll through 3+ pages of worthless "UNI" :roll: :roll: :roll: banter?? WTF ru serious??? Such yawnaments....God....anyways gg Illinois! Always exciting to beat a #1 team no matter even if they were overrated. Yes, the Big 10 is far, far behind the athletic talent of the Pac-10 and SEC. Its not even a question. Saying the Big 10 has 10 bowl eliglible teams or whatever is an apples to oranges comparison to the talent on the field. Watch LSU vs. Auburn. Watch Ohio St. vs. Michigan. Its not even close, and hasnt been for a couple years, and will continue to be so for quite some time in the future. The same goes for basketball as well. Big 10 vs. Pac 10 or SEC is just a slowed down style in every aspect compared to high-flying athleticism of other conferences.

Sorry if this was said by someone already but when every post had something about , jesus i hate saying, "UNI", i just went to the last post on the last page.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:26 am

The Donator wrote:Yes, the Big 10 is far, far behind the athletic talent of the Pac-10 and SEC. Its not even a question.
Must be why that super-talented CAL team we heard about the first half of the season is 6-4

The same goes for basketball as well. Big 10 vs. Pac 10 or SEC is just a slowed down style in every aspect compared to high-flying athleticism of other conferences.
Must be why Ohio State was National runner-up last year in both sports
dischawk

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:36 am

fausch come back to earth. as much as i love iowa, lately the big 10 has been inferior to the big market/ good weather teams. ohio st has been the best loser in football and basketball, geat. the power has a way of cycling around, thats why teams like miami(fl), nebraska, florida state, all suck @ football when they were powerhouses when i was a kid. now u have kansas, kentucky, boise st, rutgers winning. fukin rutgers :roll: i didn't even know what their goddamn helmets looked like until i saw on espn.
Abe Froman

Postby The Donator » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:23 am

dischawk wrote:
The Donator wrote:Yes, the Big 10 is far, far behind the athletic talent of the Pac-10 and SEC. Its not even a question.
Must be why that super-talented CAL team we heard about the first half of the season is 6-4

The same goes for basketball as well. Big 10 vs. Pac 10 or SEC is just a slowed down style in every aspect compared to high-flying athleticism of other conferences.

You have much time to learn, brother.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:27 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:fausch come back to earth.

:?: where the hell is his post? :?:
GDL17921

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:31 am

dischawk wrote:
GDL2000 wrote: before everybody starts paying attention to basketball. :lol:

na, that doesnt happen till march

In Iowa maybe. I wouldnt be looking forward to this season either.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:43 am

10up wrote:

As far as the Big 10, never once did I say it was a weak conference. I said it's on the "decline", which is inarguably true. It is still one of the top conferences easily, but not the powerhouse it was. All that means is that Florida and USC and LSU and whomever else are going to keep getting better by default and we will continue to struggle. Unless something big happens, I hope coach can do it.

Actually, I see it different. Your not a powerhouse division with only 3 or 4 teams out of 11 worth a Chuck. I think the division is growing inot a powerhouse, not the other way around. There is always going to be the USCs, LSUs, and Florida colleges...and with those come all the second choice yet same division schools that are helping build thier respective divisions. Its also about TV. The Big 10 are getting thier network going, and soon will offer as many televised games as anyone, that will bring more talent to the Big 10, as will big wins. No, TV doesnt make everything happen ( example: Notre Dame ) especially anymore, as theres so much more media now than even 2 years ago, but it will help.

This is where I understand what Corey was saying about ranked Big 10 teams beating each other and how it effects the way people will view the Big 10, but I think in another year or two, 7-8 teams in the Big 10 will be tough, and some will run far with losing records, as long as they are losing to other Big 10 talent. The way it seems, if Iowa plays like shit, Iowa fans like to talk about how weak the Big 10 is. That seems somewhat backwards.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:52 am

Chase20460 wrote:
dischawk wrote:
GDL2000 wrote: before everybody starts paying attention to basketball. :lol:

na, that doesnt happen till march

In Iowa maybe. I wouldnt be looking forward to this season either.

Well as you may or may not know, we aren't going to have much to look forward to this year, I'll be happy with a +.500 record for Iowa
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 am

The Donator wrote:
dischawk wrote:

You have much time to learn, brother.

Ok so show me where all this talent in the SEC and Pac-10 is? Aren't they just as top heavy as the Big-10? SEC has LSU then who? Pac -10 has Oregon then who?

Big-Ten is as well rounded as any of them
dischawk

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:08 am

porkchop wrote:This year UNI is going to go undefeated in the regular season; if it were like the BCS they would just have to play only one more game against the best in the nation, and if they show up like they have all year they would be the favorite to win. But that's not the case, they have to win 4 straight games against the best in the nation, anything can happen, for them to win out would be one of the greatest feats in IOWA (the State) football history.

Although I don't agree with the BCS system. This is not a valid argument. I don't care what conference you are in in Division 1 of any sport. Every game is extremely important, and many of the successful teams are beating the best in the nation to get to the top. It may not be in a playoff manner, but they have to beat the best in the nation and at times it's 4 in a row if not more. If there is one good thing that the BCS delivers is the importance of the regular season. With the slow start the Michigan had, I don't think that they deserve to have a chance to be the national champion, with the BCS that oppurtunity is lost, where with a playoff system they still could win it all.

And nothing drives me more crazy than the this team beat this team that beat that team that beat this team, so this team is better than that team. It means nothing in sports.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Sports