Da Bears!!! All the way

Sports related topics.

Are the Bears are going to win the Super Bowl?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes : 82

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:31 pm

The Donator wrote:No loss helps, ever.

correction,....
unless you are the cleveland cavaliers and lebron james is on the line.
Abe Froman

Postby actifed » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:09 pm

I'll take 7-1. Stupid loss, but with a young QB it is bound to happen. The bigger question is Urlacher. We can't afford to have him out for the playoffs. I hope he doesn't go all John Wayne and end his season early.

To the haters...the only question is how many times Payton will get sacked in the Superbowl en route to a Bears win. :lol:
actifed

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Jarret Payton?

Sean Payton?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Abe Froman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:18 pm

maybe he means pEyton manning
Abe Froman

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:30 pm

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. I was thinking sweAtness. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Birdman » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:44 pm

actually it will be 0....because the colts will find a way to choke before the super bowl....just like every year
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:43 am

A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:22 pm

Mid Season Report:

Bears beat the best team in the NFC. Guess that makes them the best. Judging by thier 2nd half, they are out of their funk. Giants are still the 2nd best team in the NFC, just ahead of Dallas.

The Colts arent even the best team in the AFC. The Chargers are, and IMO, have a better chance of reaching the Super Bowl than the Colts do. The Ravens look good, w/o Ray Lewis, but I think McNair is about one hit away from being a vegetable.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Chase20460 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:13 pm

Chase20460 wrote:Mid Season Report:

Bears beat the best team in the NFC. Guess that makes them the best. Judging by thier 2nd half, they are out of their funk. Giants are still the 2nd best team in the NFC, just ahead of Dallas.

How the Bears can actually keep winning without a QB is a testament to how good thier defense is. Its the best Ive EVER seen, better than the Ravens that won the Super Bowl, who also had a inferior QB, Trent Dilfer. The difference is Grossman coudnt even beat a high school team without that defense.

I am also shocked at how pitiful the Giants have become since my original "mid season report" post. I guess with Turds the size of Plaxico Burress and Jeremy Shocky ( the most over rated TE EVER ) the only thing you can do is flush the toliet as many times as needed.

In my world, the Bears meet Dallas in the playoffs and Romo proves what a QB should play like. Grossman throws 3 picks in loss... Bear fans turn to the Cubbies and, shockingly, are disapointed yet again.

The Colts arent even the best team in the AFC. The Chargers are, and IMO, have a better chance of reaching the Super Bowl than the Colts do. The Ravens look good, w/o Ray Lewis, but I think McNair is about one hit away from being a vegetable.

LT is possibly the best back Ive ever seen. I never seen Jim Brown play, and dont remember Earl Campbell, but I have seen Walter, Barry, Emmitt, Marcus Allen, and a slew of other good backs. LT tops them all. Dude is straight up amazing. *

* = Bo Jackson, and what might have been, had some worthless Bengal NOT drug him down, after being carried for 10 yards.

Chase20460

Postby flyinplastic23 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:09 pm

chase are you a part of the rainbow tribe now?
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:14 am

I've come to realize that Grossman is going to throw picks. That is what he does. He hasn't changed a bit from the college years. In college he was able to get by with throwing the ball all over the place. He is still a young QB in the NFL. I think that he will get over his careless passing in time with experience nad learning, when that happens look out.
Buzzznation

Postby Birdman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:45 pm

he had a pretty sweet passer rating the other day...hahaha...sad but funny
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby The Donator » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:20 pm

Grossman sucks. A big reason why he throws so many picks is because hes too afraid of taking the big hit. Ive seen in a few of his games this season, where there is a heavy pass rush coming towards him, he gets scared, throws off his back foot, and its anyones ball. No QB will get through the playoffs, much less a career, playing like this, and hes getting worse every game. Lovie is an idiot - he keeps saying "were 10-2 with Rex as our QB," no, your 10-2 with your defense. Without your highly touted defense, you would be at least worse than 9-3, more around 8-4 without the Arizona collapse. Bears will make the playoffs, and get bounced after the first game, no matter who they end up playing. Mark my words.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Chase20460 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:53 pm

I agree completely. Another thing I didnt know is Rex Grossman is also a midgit, and he cant see over the offensive line. Thats another sign of falling back when you throw, fear of the pass being batted down.

He is a big pussy thats afraid to get hit, and whats sad is he has the skills to be more mobile and make plays. It seems he has forgotten that the past 6 weeks. Either that or his vision is bad or hes colorblind. 17 ints? Thats way to Brett Farve-ish.

Lets see some Brian Griese action!

Chase20460

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:12 pm

The cowboys are now ahead of the bears in the new power rankings.
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

PreviousNext

Return to Sports