Da Bears!!! All the way

Sports related topics.

Are the Bears are going to win the Super Bowl?

Yes
30%
No
70%

Total votes : 82

Postby Birdman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:23 pm

im not to worried about the bears (losing that is) i know that they won't make it to the super bowl...nor will indy
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby Furthur » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:27 pm

I watched the pats last night, and against one of the better defenses in the nation (Minn is 1st in rush def), they put up a ton of points. Granted, they ran spread nearly the whole game, but they sure looked good doing it. Next week's showdown between them and the Colts will be interesting. The Chargers, while 5-2, have a nasty defense and the best player on offense that isn't a QB (LT). And the Bears haven't really played another super stout defense yet. Hell, Rex looked AWFUL against Arizona; what's going to happen when their defense can't score 14 points when their offense is floundering? The Bears have some good weapons, but I don't think they can grind it out through the super bowl.

Teams Chi has played
---
Green Bay
Minnesota
Seattle
Buffalo
Arizona
Green Bay

Let me see them beat down a team that will be in the playoffs (Well, Seattle may be there, but they're a shell of last year's team), and maybe I'll change my opinion.
Furthur

Postby DVS1 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:21 pm

So a guy isn't allowed to have a bad game? Grossman: 1 bad game against AZ, 1 OK game against Minnesota, and 5 great games. It's the NFL, it isn't "easy" to win even 1 game a year (let alone your first 7). They're all pros, no one lays down for you. I'm not saying the Bears schedule has been incredibly tough thusfar, but they aren't just beating teams, they are destroying and/or demoralizing them. Least points allowed and most points scored, I don't care who you've played; in the NFL it's VERY HARD to achieve both.
DVS1

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:15 pm

When teams in any sport are on a roll they get big heads and take things for granted. The Bears were fortunate enough to have that happen @ Arizona. They got there bad game out of the way, and they came out for blood this weekend. I don't care who it was against, they were reay to smoke someone, and they did. Give us the Giants, give us NE, Give us Denver, give us Indy. The Bears are unstoppable. If they are handed a loss later in the season, it's for their own good, to fire 'em up even more before the playoffs. :D :!:
Buzzznation

Postby Birdman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:21 pm

I think you can't catch what he is saying to you....
They haven't faced a team like NE, Indy, N.O., Baltimore (they aren't the best but they will be playoff worthy i believe)....

the only team that was supposed to be worth anything coming into this year that they have played so far is the seahawks and well i think everybody knows how they have fallen apart....best team they have played is the vikes. you say you have a hard schedule too...but your schedule is a lot easier than other teams. i will put myself on a limb and say im a bucs fan...i have been for years back in the early 90's rockin the white and orange....the easiest team they had on there schedule coming into this season was the browns...they didnt get the texans, lions, packers, cardinals, 49ers or dolphins....we've seen there season has gone but look at what the bears have...

hmmmm...pack(2x), lions(2x), 49ers, cardinals, bills(i forgot them earlier),

so after this short story ill just say that playing so many pathetic teams to get to 7-0 isnt that impressive....
Birdman

Postby Birdman » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:26 pm

oh i forgot to mention i would much rather watch the lions or packers....just so i can hear every bears fan F'in moan and groan...because t.v. doesnt want to waste there time showing the 49ers...grow up....the bears and cubs fans are always trying to prove why they are the best team....win a game against a good team or make the post season for baseball to at least have some ground to stand on.
Birdman

Postby The Donator » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:51 pm

I think im going to start grouping Bears fans and Cubs fans together. Neither team will do anything significant in the postseason in my lifetime, but when they actually are doing something, boy do they get fired up! One word for you Chi fans - POSTSEASON.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby jess20460 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:56 pm

I just hope that they do a remake of the Superbowl Shuffle if the Bears make it to the Superbowl.. That was the best part of football in the last 20 years..
jess20460

Postby Mount » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:07 pm

The Donator wrote:I think im going to start grouping Bears fans and Cubs fans together. Neither team will do anything significant in the postseason in my lifetime, but when they actually are doing something, boy do they get fired up! One word for you Chi fans - POSTSEASON.

So youre only like 20 years old then? The bears have allready done something significant in the postseason in your lifetime dummy.
Mount

Postby Buzzznation » Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:16 am

Mount wrote:
The Donator wrote:I think im going to start grouping Bears fans and Cubs fans together. Neither team will do anything significant in the postseason in my lifetime, but when they actually are doing something, boy do they get fired up! One word for you Chi fans - POSTSEASON.

So youre only like 20 years old then? The bears have allready done something significant in the postseason in your lifetime dummy.

No he is only like 3 years old. The Cubbies blew a 3-1 game lead in the NLCS against the Marlin's. That is signifacant :lol:
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:32 pm

Lol, actually, I guess I was born yesterday, since the Bears already won the Superbowl this year! (I meant the rest of my lifetime, ya big dummies)
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby Abe Froman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:23 am

i could care less about the bears. i have been a jets fan since 98. i pikd the giants this year cuz i liked eli since college and believe in the team's ability.
as far as the cubs go... the first memories i have is watching the cubs on tv all summer long when i was a kid. my uncle took me to wrigley when i was 8(1988) and i've never turned back since. i go at least 2 games a year, sit in the belachers, drink my old style, and eat 3 or 4 brats with a smile on my face the whole time. every year they play another 162 games. i hate the tribune company, the cubs were my first love, and i say that with pride. it's like having a mentally handicapped little brother,. even tho their not perfect, you still love em no matter what.
Last edited by Abe Froman on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abe Froman

Postby Birdman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:31 am

thankyou...finally somebody that isnt saying that the cubs,bears,bulls, or even blackhawks for that are gonna dominate the league talking trash because they've started the season off good for once...a genuine cubs fan who doesnt have to defend their wins...or losses but just goes with it
Birdman

Postby actifed » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:18 am

Bill Swerski: Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of today's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Giants?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Giants 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Giants 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Ditka? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Giants 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Ditka.
actifed

Postby flyinplastic23 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:29 am

Daaaaa bears da bears da bears da bears da bears, Ditka.... DAAAAAA bears da bears da bears da bears da bears, Ditka!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

PreviousNext

Return to Sports