who gets the [1]

Peyton
48%
Brady
52%

Total votes : 33

NE vs. Indy

Postby 10up » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:16 pm

This is going to be a sick game. I like the Colts, Peyton's the best player ever, can't argue with a team that has Dallas Clark and Bobby Sanders but my money has to go on the Patriots.

I don't know what every other team in the league was thinking letting them pick up Randy Moss, but christ, didn't that turn out to be a bad idea. I'd be pissed if I was Favre.

I honestly think NE is going to go undefeated this year. You know the '72 Dolphins are going for Indy. This Patriots team is going to be a historical squad. Possibly the best team in football since I've been alive. Only one I can think of that comes close is the 86' Bears.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:56 pm

You know the overused saying that defense wins championships----I think that this will definately apply to this game as well.

Will the Colts be able to get to Brady?
Will Sanders be able to defend Moss?

I've been enjoying all the hype this game is stewing. The good vs. evil themes crack me up. I read somewhere this morning that Wes Welker is a sex offender. :oops: I think I'd still care about the fact that his coach is a f*cking cheater. For those reasons and several others, I'm saying Colts...38-35.
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm

Let's see... I'm a vikings fan :roll: , so I'm not aMoss lover... Frickin moron needs to go to a SB team to want to play? Anyway, it's nice seeing him play again, finally - but...

...my black & gold blood will not fade due to the impressive emergence of the Patriots. I respect them, but I'll be wearing my new blue Sanders Jersey this weekend...

Go COLTS!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:31 pm

Pats by at least twenty, called the bookie given the 5 point spread for 200
frogawitdafizzle

Postby 10up » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:05 pm

I'm with ya Frog... I don't know if I'd put up on 20 but with the line like it is how could you not bet that?

I expect to see more pandering here, I can't believe this poll is as close as it is.
10up

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:28 am

10up wrote:I can't believe this poll is as close as it is.

Why? The numbers in this matchup don't mean anything, just like the las several years when these (2) QB phenoms have matched up. It's anybodies game. I'm liking Peyton's chances though. He's on my fantasy tea, I got to go with him.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby cubspunc » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:51 pm

I gotta go with the Colts too when they got my two Iowa boys Sanders and Clark. Either way this is going to be a high scoring game with these high powered offenses. I think it's going to be decided by Sanders either forcing a fumble with his huge hits or he's going to intercept one.
cubspunc

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:09 pm

I agree with your pick, but Jesus you're a little Hawkeye alum biased. The Colts are going to do everything possible to make sure the ball doesn't get to Moss, hate to burst your bubble, but Moss will dominate Sanders 1 on 1.
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm

...I'll be happy watching Dallas get a couple good catches, and hopint that Sanders gets a solid lick or two on Moss... LOL I'll be happy, regardless fo the outcome. ha!~
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Sanders would have to catch Moss first.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby Chase20460 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:18 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:Sanders would have to catch Moss first.

Word.

I think the Colts are going to win, because they are at home. Until New England beats them, they are still the best team in the league.

I think New England has a better defense. but the Colts have more playmakers on defense.

I think the Colts have a better offense, but the Patriots have better playmakers.

Its not like New England has had a tough road to hoe, and Dallas was with them until Roy Williams got torched late in the third. It wasnt over until about mid way through the 4th. The Colts are a way better team than Dallas.

The Colts also dont try to run up the score, which New England has, and I hope this week is the week Brady gets hit for it.

Randy Moss is the best wide reciever I have EVER seen. PERIOD. Ive been bitching for months about the Pats picking him up for a case of footballs. Its horrible, and shows the NFL favors the Patriots for allowing a trade like that to happen. Dude, that one handed touchdown from last week was off the Chucking chain! It topped, or at least stands with, the lateral play from a few years ago where he no looked it to Jake Reed(?)for a touchdown when the time was running out of the half. Maybe he was a Raider then, whatever. Disgusting.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Wait, isn't Bob a safety though? :lol:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby MDR_3000 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:46 pm

ghstinshll wrote:

Wait, isn't Bob a safety though? :lol:

and?
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby 10up » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:56 pm

honestly I don't think they'll have Sanders attempting to "cover" Moss at all. His type of play will be best utilized trying to put big hits on Brady. I agree with Chase, Moss would school Bobby, not only because he is the sickest WR but because he stands damn near a foot higher than Sanders. The one thing they have going for them is that Moss doesn't like to get hit and if Sanders whollops him a couple of times (after he's already caught the ball, because you can't stop it) he might get a little scared. Coverage-wise he doesn't have a prayer though.
10up

Postby dx pete » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:35 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:Pats by at least twenty, called the bookie given the 5 point spread for 200

that is a total sucker line from vegas. vegas is losing their ass on NE this year with them covering 17 points and such and all the myopic NE fans still betting the huge lines knowing that the "hood" will run up the score. This game will not be a 5 1/2 point game and vegas knows it. Harrison is gimpy right? Freeny is back? What does anyone really know about the Pats running game? They havent needed it, but it is very solid. NE's 5 recievers on carpet is pretty scary too. I look for Indy to strike first and fire up the Pats D to prove the Hood's crusade a force to be reckoned with. noise will be a factor, whether its piped in artificially or not, and the Pats will roll away huge (3 scores), making everyone who saw through vegas' facade richer. And no, myopic NE fans arent smart.
opulence, I has it.
dx pete

Next

Return to Sports