Iowa takes out #18 Illinois!

Sports related topics.

Iowa takes out #18 Illinois!

Postby dischawk » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:55 pm

OVERRATED!
dischawk

Postby dischawk » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:57 pm

How about all you Hawkeye fans that spent all last season laughing it up? Your teams a joke, no more "Wait until Football Season".

some joke eh?
dischawk

Postby Abe Froman » Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm

u should re-word it .... Iowa "upsets" #18 illinois. what a joke, all the shit talkin and the mighty illini still cant beat iowa. 5 years in a row.so if we suck.. then you must really suck, and iowa state beat us so say goodbye to ur ranking :cry: :cry: :cry:
we should make shirts commerating our win over a # 18 team. :lol:
cmon chase, where are you?
Abe Froman

Postby GaW27166 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:42 pm

Wow how good are the Illini???? LOL GO Hawks. They might as well just throw those T shirts away or make ones that say We LOST to Iowa.
GaW27166

Postby WHAT AIN'T » Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:55 pm

AHH what a relief a BIG TEN win at last. Hold your heads up high guys.
Next win PURDUE.
What it is. Is what it is!!
WHAT AIN'T

Postby dischawk » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:23 pm

Am I hearing crickets from Illini country? c'mon now ya'll couldn't keep quiet last week so i know ya got it in ya!
dischawk

Postby 10up » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:30 am

If I was going to hope for another win the rest of the year I sure as hell didn't think it was going to be that one. Finally a conference game where our defense played up to their potential. Our Offense is still honestly lacking in quite a few area's (especially when you include injuries and suspensions). It was a great upset, and hopefully it gives us momentum to do it more.

And on another note I'd like to voice my extreme disdain for the "Overrated" chant. It wasn't very well thought out I don't think. By calling a team that you've just beaten "overrated" your essentially saying we suck.

i.e. "you guys are ranked #18?!?! Wow... WE just beat you... you must suck"
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Chase20460 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:20 am

Yeah, Iowa does suck I agree. They played great defense and won the game, and your probably right, they were overrated.

> Its my fault. I only want them to win one game a year, and they never do it. One of these days Ill figure that out.

Go ahead, laugh it up. Illinois isnt the first team in the world to fall for a trap game. Iowa will still suck after they are done celebrating. Thier season highlight was yesterday, so for all you fans of the worthless Iowa Hawkeyes, live it up. Next week ass kickings start on your team again.

See how much your talking then.
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:11 pm

The one thing I took from that game was this:

I was excited o see Julian Vandervelde starting, and seeing what seemed like a young line that wanted to smash people. Watcing them let sacks through, and other mistakes, it seems like this was a game where they could be proud. Bringing in Bulaga was a surprise, but apparently it was a good move. Some of thosereceivers mde plays yesterday, and that was good - and Jake didn't seem too shaken in the pocket like I thought he would be...

The D kept up some hard work, I didn't expect it w/ Klink & Moylan gone, but that was a solid performance.

Also. Being from Bettendorf, I'm kind of amusd by you IL guys' banter, because I rememner grwing up that ISU barely existed. All I heard was IA/IL banter... I expected IA to get trouced, sine we had such a rough start to the season, but now there is some hope again... Thnks Illini!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby dischawk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:28 pm

id say iowa could end up with the same record as illinois when the season is done... illinois still has to face ohio state and michigan while iowa faces the bottom of the big ten, those are all games iowa has a chance to win
dischawk

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:36 pm

i just find it funny that when we have a down year and illinois has an incredible year by their lowly standards that we are still able to beat them. i mean, we only have a good defense. our offense is way too young. we showed that when we almost "upset" wisconsin. although, wisconsin is way overrated. their last 3 weeks have been horrendous.
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 pm

let us not forget that illinois had a touchdown called back, and it wasnt exactly a slaying from iowa... 10 - 6.... not making an excuse but it was a close game.
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby dischawk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:52 pm

coulda woulda shoulda
dischawk

Postby ghstinshll » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:53 pm

flyinplastic23 wrote:let us not forget that illinois had a touchdown called back, and it wasnt exactly a slaying from iowa... 10 - 6.... not making an excuse but it was a close game.

very true... never said it was a blowout, but rather expected a blowout from you guys. It was close, and was a good game.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby cubspunc » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:01 am

All I gotta say is Mendenhall what? The guy looked like a fish outta water out there. Iowa owned him and shut down that Illinois offense that was suppose to be the real deal. All they could do was try and run the option and see if Juice could run the ball or pitch it off. What a joke, learn a new play.
cubspunc

Next

Return to Sports