How will you be enjoying the Cubs' post season run?

Sports related topics.

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:56 pm

Touché, dickhole.
GDL17921

cardfan

Postby RedBird88 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:50 pm

I'll be spending the Cubs post season being glad I'm a Cardinal fan! Will say this though, Lou's the smartest thing the Cubs have done in a long time. They may get beat, but he wont let them quit like they always have in the past.
RedBird88

Postby dischawk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:13 pm

I enjoy this..

dischawk

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:00 am

Once again, Beckett owns the Cubbies. This could be a problem if the series goes the d.
GDL17921

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:16 am

GDL2000 wrote:Once again, Beckett owns the Cubbies. This could be a problem if the series goes the d.
:?:

You mean Webb.

And Carlos Marmol gave up 2 runs last night :shock: That's almost as many as he gave up the entire season. That's the playoffs though; you throw all seasonal statistics out the window.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:27 am

Yup, sorry, those two games kinda ran together in my mind. duh... :oops:
GDL17921

Postby cubspunc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:31 am

To everyone who actually watched the game, what'd you think about the Cubs lack of execution? Man on second no outs twice, and we don't score the run. Once with Alfonzo and once with Zambrano up and they're both up there hitting away. Plain and simple you should be laying down the bunt and moving him over, no questions asked, especially in Zambrano's case. For Soriano he could easily lay one right down the third baseline and walk to first for a bunt single, while advancing the runner to third. Noone ever plays up and him. Well those two easy runs cost us the game. The Cubs were hitting hard right at the outfielders. Oh well. We still got the best three starters in all the league, and if we keep hitting Arizona pitchers as hard as the Cubs did last nite against Webb we'll be ok.
cubspunc

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:39 am

yeah, I was thinking the same thing last night. Against tough pitching, you have to manufacture runs, especially when your pitcher gets a lead off double.
GDL17921

Postby cubspunc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 am

You could tell that some of the players had kind of given up early too. When D Lee struck out I wanna say in the 7th maybe, he swung at a pitch in the dirt that got away from the catcher. Instead hustling off to first (which I think he would have made it), he just stood there feeling sorry for himself and started a late job to first once the catcher got the ball. Small stuff like that pisses me off. The one thing the Cubs fail to do time in and time out is play small ball when necessary, and that could be fateful for them. We'll see what happens the next two games though, I'm excited. Both Arizona pitchers have had an awful last 3 starts so I'm predicting one of the next two we'll blow them out and the other will win with a little less ease at 5-3.
cubspunc

Postby Chase20460 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:49 am

1 Down.....
http://www.ironliondgs.com
"I dont come to bow, I come to blow"- Bob Marley

"Im in the Gooooooo!" - Francine Smith
Chase20460

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:09 pm

Soriano's hitting execution is something that has been criticized by many through out the whole season. People get tired of seeing him try to hit a home run everytime he is up to bat when all he needs to is move a runner over. Many think that D. Lee has had a bad year because his power numbers are down. At least, he has timely hitting, and is a smart hitter at that. Many of the analyst say that Soriano will be the key to the Cub's success in the post season. I think that held true to last nights results. As for not butting Z-Bo that was just poor coaching, and a horrible decision.

I tip my cap to Brandon Webb. And he even said his off speed stuff was working better as good as ever. The Cub's hit the ball on the nose several times right at some one. Both defenses were very solid. There were several web gems by both sides. I think last night was an all around good game. Both teams played like they should be in the playoffs. I think it will be a very exciting series that will end up going 5 games, with the Cubbies ending up on top of course.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby The Donator » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:39 pm

Chase20460 wrote:1 Down.....

Loving their "playoff run" so far...
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby cubspunc » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Buzzznation wrote:Soriano's hitting execution is something that has been criticized by many through out the whole season. People get tired of seeing him try to hit a home run everytime he is up to bat when all he needs to is move a runner over. Many think that D. Lee has had a bad year because his power numbers are down. At least, he has timely hitting, and is a smart hitter at that. Many of the analyst say that Soriano will be the key to the Cub's success in the post season. I think that held true to last nights results. As for not butting Z-Bo that was just poor coaching, and a horrible decision.

I can't tell if you're trying to respond to my post or not. You don't have to preach to me what I hear day in and day out. I don't care if Soriano is going up there looking for a homerun everytime, all I'm saying is certain situations call for certain things that need to be done, and in that situation it is unquestionable that Soriano should have bunted. As far as D Lee goes he's doing fine, all I'm asking is that he hustles to firstbase once a ball goes in the dirt, that's the difference between a mediocre team like the 05' White Sox and what they really did. They had heart, and I didn't see as much heart as I would have liked last night. Theriot, big Z and a few other guys busted their ass, but we need all 9 out there and the bench to really be busting it.
cubspunc

Postby 10up » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Just out of curiousity, is the "Cubs Post-Season Run" some kind of charity race they do to get in shape for next season when they'll be most likely to play again??

Edit** After this series is over of course.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby WHAT AIN'T » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:49 pm

I will be enjoing the scrubs playoff run by laughing out loud that you scrub fans actually thought you had a chance. Bartman put a spell on you guys that should last a good while. Wait you guys diden't need that spell.
What it is. Is what it is!!
WHAT AIN'T

PreviousNext

Return to Sports