NFL

Sports related topics.

Postby grodney » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 am

Answers, for completeness sake:

grodney wrote:Jim Harbaugh - Played about 14 years at QB. 1 Pro Bowl. First round pick.

Jason Garrett - Signed with Saints in '89. Was 3rd string QB with Cowboys. Started Thanksgiving game in '94 since backup Rodney Peete was hurt. Went 15-26 for 311 and 2 TD in that game. Finished with Bucs and Dolphins in '04.

Leslie Frazier - Secondary for Bears. 2 Super Bowl wins. Led team in INT in '85.

Doug Marrone - Offensive line for Dolphins in '87 (4 games) and Saints in '89 (1 game).

Gary Kubiak - 8th round QB pick for Broncos in '83. Played for Broncos '83 to '91. Career 173-298 for 1920 yards.

Mike Munchak - O-line 8th overall pick in '82 to the Oilers. In the HOF. Played '82 to '93 for the Oilers. 9x Pro Bowl.

Ron Rivera - 2nd round pick to Bears in '84. Linebacker. Played '84-'92 for the Bears. 9 career INT in 137 games.

Sean Payton - Undrafted in '87. Replacement QB for the Bears during '87 players strike. In 3 games went 8 of 23 for 79 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT. Also played for Chicago and Pittsburgh in Arena League before his rights were sold to Ottawa (CFL) for $1,000.

Jeff Fisher - 7th round pick for Bears in '81. 49 game appearances in 5 seasons as defensive back and special teams.
grodney

Postby medicinal funk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am

Detra319 wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:so because alex smith/kaep wasn't looking his way, he's ineffective? he's a tremendous blocker as well. that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. lets be honest. teams in the nfl haven't figured out quite yet how to defend big, fast tight ends.

remember the game where they benched hill for smith in the second half, only for vern to respond in the second half with 3 receiving touchdowns? it's kinda dumb to say vern is "pedestrian" when there are many other TE's in the league that aren't on his level and are still starters. just because he wans't being targeted heavily near the end of the season doesn't mean he sucks. also you can't make the diva argument for him anymore, sadly.

guess victor cruz is total shit too because he wasn't getting the ball in the second half of this season

He didnt get the ball all season. The second half was even worse than the first half, so I went with that.

Eli Manning was ALMOST as bad as his O-line.

on this page, you're having on vern. last page you were hating on kaep. i'm guessing you just don't like the 49ers, adam!
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 am

medicinal funk wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
medicinal funk wrote:so because alex smith/kaep wasn't looking his way, he's ineffective? he's a tremendous blocker as well. that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. lets be honest. teams in the nfl haven't figured out quite yet how to defend big, fast tight ends.

remember the game where they benched hill for smith in the second half, only for vern to respond in the second half with 3 receiving touchdowns? it's kinda dumb to say vern is "pedestrian" when there are many other TE's in the league that aren't on his level and are still starters. just because he wans't being targeted heavily near the end of the season doesn't mean he sucks. also you can't make the diva argument for him anymore, sadly.

guess victor cruz is total shit too because he wasn't getting the ball in the second half of this season

He didnt get the ball all season. The second half was even worse than the first half, so I went with that.

Eli Manning was ALMOST as bad as his O-line.

on this page, you're having on vern. last page you were hating on kaep. i'm guessing you just don't like the 49ers, adam!

I like the 49'ers, I just really really hate bandwagon jumping. Because there was no way to get behind any of the other old stories on ESPN (peyton, brady, rodgers) they ran with how awesome SF is. I love to poke at popular perceptions created by ESPN. Its just fun to see how people react when handed facts instead of ESPN opinions :P

And....PS....I watch more football than Chris Mortensen. Just sayin.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

Detra319 wrote: Its just fun to see how people react

here's the only necessary answer to your question MFunk. Adam, I appreciate you taking over for me as the mb jackass. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:14 pm

GDL17921 wrote:
Detra319 wrote: Its just fun to see how people react

here's the only necessary answer to your question MFunk. Adam, I appreciate you taking over for me as the mb jackass. :lol:

Haha np Jay... I love going into the shop and 3 different people want to talk to me about the shit I was talking on the boards.

My real dream is that someone somehow takes out both Harbaugh's at midfield before the game. Seriously, don't they both strike you as the guy you hated when you were younger, but these 2 found the only 2 spots ever where that works?
Detra319

Postby irban » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:08 pm

~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby grodney » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:14 am

2nd and goal from the 5 with 2 mins left -- and they run 3 pass plays.
grodney

Postby Detra319 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:25 am

grodney wrote:2nd and goal from the 5 with 2 mins left -- and they run 3 pass plays.

Should have listened to me, run it up the middle more! lol...
Detra319

Postby tufluk » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:12 pm

I expected play-action, Kapernick running to the corner. I'd have done that 4 times. I'm not the coach.

Halftime show lame as usual. Haven't enjoyed one since Prince (or "The Artist formerly known as Prince").
tufluk

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:50 pm

50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Carter45145 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Good find. I was justing dying over my lunch break. Bradford was classic!
If anyone ever tells you that trying to turbo-fap by jamming your cock into an automated hand dryer while diddling your butthole with a concession churro WON’T overload a power grid, they’re lying.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby Grimm » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:45 pm

http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-and-then-there-were-two/

From a couple weeks ago same thing.

Bradford...has the best line about Harbaughs' sister.
50 lashes for drinking the groups whiskey isn't steep.
Grimm

Postby Carter45145 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Grimm wrote:http://profootballmock.com/nfl-qbs-on-facebook-and-then-there-were-two/

From a couple weeks ago same thing.

Bradford...has the best line about Harbaughs' sister.
Thanks, I'll save that for five am tomorrow at work.
Can't criticize our smile...
Carter45145

Postby Disc Golf Live » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:29 am

Detra319 wrote:My real dream is that someone somehow takes out both Harbaugh's at midfield before the game. Seriously, don't they both strike you as the guy you hated when you were younger, but these 2 found the only 2 spots ever where that works?

Played 9th grade football with John, he was a fine fellow as far as I was concerned. Jim was a bit more brash and cocky, didn't know him much. He was QB at UM for a couple years while I was there, I suppose he was as easy to "hate" as any BMOC. Both these guys were deep into football as very young men, no surprise to those who knew them they'd be successful.

Seriously.
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:42 am

nice story cool to hear it
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

PreviousNext