NFL

Sports related topics.

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Detra319 wrote:
..Players like Vernon Davis are not supposed to be wide open...

Explain this.

Detra319 wrote:

But yeah, sorry if I don't suck the NFL dick and try to hype up a new player. I like him as a person, I don't think he stays a starter long term. He's bigger than Vick so he might last longer, but he is still a non thrower in a throwers league. Alla Cam Newton. Alla any goddamn running quarterback in the NFL that ever spends more than one year in the NFL. If you want some more examples, I have them for you. So...follow that up by showing that YOU know what you are talking about. Wait....its Lindsley :shock:

Kaepernick is smarter than Vick...goes a long way in lasting longer. Cam is a running QB in a thrower's league? How many yards does he need to average to be considered a "throwing QB"? 4,000? Give me more examples of running QBs that didn't last. Young? Cunningham? Tarkenton? Douglas (couldn't throw, but stayed in the NFL for 10 years), Flutie? McNabb?

Detra319 wrote:

PS Baltimore is even worse against the run than Atlanta.

They are?
Last edited by MDR_3000 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm

oh and this...

MDR_3000

Postby Melvins420 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:39 pm

Detra319 wrote:But yeah, sorry if I don't suck the NFL dick

It's hard to do that when the NFL dick is already buried in your filthy asshole.
Melvins420

Postby grodney » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 am

Okay, this is original and solo research, based mainly on Wikipedia (and nfl.com and pro-football-reference.com), so it is subject to errors.

3 current AFC coaches played in the NFL.
6 current NFC coaches played in the NFL.

Anybody want to take a shot at naming any/all?

By the way, from what I can tell, all 32 played in college, although there's some confusion whether Rex Ryan ever played in a game. Wikipedia has a note saying he didn't, but all articles give the indication he did.

3 different colleges have 2 NFL coaches each: Texas A&M, Eastern Illinois, and Syracuse.
Last edited by grodney on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
grodney

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:46 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
Detra319 wrote:
..Players like Vernon Davis are not supposed to be wide open...

Explain this.

Easy. Put the whole quote. Players like Vernon Davis are not supposed to be that wide open ALL THE TIME. College QBs find the wide open receiver. Pro QBs find the spot to get it through to the WR. Kaepernick hasn't even really had to do that very much in these playoffs. Hence me talking shit.

Detra319 wrote:

But yeah, sorry if I don't suck the NFL dick and try to hype up a new player. I like him as a person, I don't think he stays a starter long term. He's bigger than Vick so he might last longer, but he is still a non thrower in a throwers league. Alla Cam Newton. Alla any goddamn running quarterback in the NFL that ever spends more than one year in the NFL. If you want some more examples, I have them for you. So...follow that up by showing that YOU know what you are talking about. Wait....its Lindsley :shock:

Kaepernick is smarter than Vick...goes a long way in lasting longer. Cam is a running QB in a thrower's league? How many yards does he need to average to be considered a "throwing QB"? 4,000? Give me more examples of running QBs that didn't last. Young? Cunningham? Tarkenton? Douglas (couldn't throw, but stayed in the NFL for 10 years), Flutie? McNabb?

Detra319 wrote:

PS Baltimore is even worse against the run than Atlanta.

They are?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

I'm sorry, Atlanta allowed 6 more yards of rushing this year. Baltimore is terrible up the middle, even with Ray Lewis back. He took them from laughable to terrible, btw.
The finial... Even with no clouds!
Detra319

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm

a better stat would be balitmore gave up 4.0 yards a carry vs. ATL's 4.8.

Easy. Put the whole quote. Players like Vernon Davis are not supposed to be that wide open ALL THE TIME. College QBs find the wide open receiver. Pro QBs find the spot to get it through to the WR. Kaepernick hasn't even really had to do that very much in these playoffs. Hence me talking shit.

Explain to me who can cover him.
MDR_3000

Postby MDR_3000 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:23 pm

grodney wrote:Okay, this is original and solo research, based mainly on Wikipedia (and nfl.com and pro-football-reference.com), so it is subject to errors.

3 current AFC coaches played in the NFL.

By the way, from what I can tell, all 32 played in college, although there's some confusion whether Rex Ryan ever played in a game. Wikipedia has a note saying he didn't, but all articles give the indication he did.

3 different colleges have 2 NFL coaches each: Texas A&M, Eastern Illinois, and Syracuse.

Jim Harbaugh
Jason Garrett? (I know he played in the World League)
Leslie Frazer

...and that's all I have
MDR_3000

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:07 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:a better stat would be balitmore gave up 4.0 yards a carry vs. ATL's 4.8.

Way overused. Look at lead differential and time of possession and all sorts of other things too. They both sucked, period, against the run.

Vernon Davis' receiving yards to end the season

Total Td's during that time: 1

He had 1 good game all regular season. Maybe call it 2, but he had a lot of garbage time yards in his game against Buffalo. So I'm gonna say there are at least a few people who can cover him.
Detra319

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:20 pm

dork
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Detra319 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:29 pm

blkwizardsonny wrote:dork

They asked me if I know anything about the NFL...easiest way to never have to hear that again is the barrage!

And, yes I am a dork. Worked so far for me :P
Detra319

Postby grodney » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:22 am

MDR_3000 wrote:
grodney wrote:3 current AFC coaches played in the NFL.

Jim Harbaugh
Jason Garrett? (I know he played in the World League)
Leslie Frazer

...and that's all I have

Yep, that's 3 of the 9.

Jim Harbaugh - Played about 14 years at QB. 1 Pro Bowl. First round pick.

Jason Garrett - Signed with Saints in '89. Was 3rd string QB with Cowboys. Started Thanksgiving game in '94 since backup Rodney Peete was hurt. Went 15-26 for 311 and 2 TD in that game. Finished with Bucs and Dolphins in '04.

Leslie Frazier - Secondary for Bears. 2 Super Bowl wins. Led team in INT in '85.

AFC ???? - Offensive line for Dolphins in '87 (4 games) and Saints in '89 (1 game).

AFC ???? - 8th round QB pick for Broncos in '83. Played for Broncos '83 to '91. Career 173-298 for 1920 yards.

AFC ???? - O-line 8th overall pick in '82 to the Oilers. In the HOF. Played '82 to '93 for the Oilers. 9x Pro Bowl.

NFC ???? - 2nd round pick to Bears in '84. Linebacker. Played '84-'92 for the Bears. 9 career INT in 137 games.

NFC ???? - Undrafted in '87. Replacement QB for the Bears during '87 players strike. In 3 games went 8 of 23 for 79 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT. Also played for Chicago and Pittsburgh in Arena League before his rights were sold to Ottawa (CFL) for $1,000.

NFC ???? - 7th round pick for Bears in '81. 49 game appearances in 5 seasons as defensive back and special teams.
grodney

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:25 am

Detra319 wrote:
MDR_3000 wrote:a better stat would be balitmore gave up 4.0 yards a carry vs. ATL's 4.8.

Way overused. Look at lead differential and time of possession and all sorts of other things too. They both sucked, period, against the run.

He had 1 good game all regular season. Maybe call it 2, but he had a lot of garbage time yards in his game against Buffalo. So I'm gonna say there are at least a few people who can cover him.

this ain't fantasy football dawg
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:13 am

medicinal funk wrote:
Detra319 wrote:

this ain't fantasy football dawg

He asked who can cover him. I can change those yards to team names if you want to feel better. Same end result. Vernon Davis is pedestrian, at best. He does have damned good hands if they can get the ball to him, and he is looking that direction, and he is willing to go up and get it and and and...
Detra319

Postby medicinal funk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

so because alex smith/kaep wasn't looking his way, he's ineffective? he's a tremendous blocker as well. that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. lets be honest. teams in the nfl haven't figured out quite yet how to defend big, fast tight ends.

remember the game where they benched hill for smith in the second half, only for vern to respond in the second half with 3 receiving touchdowns? it's kinda dumb to say vern is "pedestrian" when there are many other TE's in the league that aren't on his level and are still starters. just because he wans't being targeted heavily near the end of the season doesn't mean he sucks. also you can't make the diva argument for him anymore, sadly.

guess victor cruz is total shit too because he wasn't getting the ball in the second half of this season
Titan Disc Golf

-

don't feed the frucks
medicinal funk

Postby Detra319 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:00 am

medicinal funk wrote:so because alex smith/kaep wasn't looking his way, he's ineffective? he's a tremendous blocker as well. that doesn't show up on the stat sheet. lets be honest. teams in the nfl haven't figured out quite yet how to defend big, fast tight ends.

remember the game where they benched hill for smith in the second half, only for vern to respond in the second half with 3 receiving touchdowns? it's kinda dumb to say vern is "pedestrian" when there are many other TE's in the league that aren't on his level and are still starters. just because he wans't being targeted heavily near the end of the season doesn't mean he sucks. also you can't make the diva argument for him anymore, sadly.

guess victor cruz is total shit too because he wasn't getting the ball in the second half of this season

He didnt get the ball all season. The second half was even worse than the first half, so I went with that.

Eli Manning was ALMOST as bad as his O-line.
Detra319

PreviousNext

Return to Sports