The 2010 "redesign"

Postby alcstradamus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 pm

I really hope this is dropped to 9 or 12 holes, definitely not enough room for 18.

I love this course, but hate playing it if that makes any sense. Too much pedestrian, parking lot, and street conflict. I do not want to be throwing along the road at that course, there are rows of cars on the streets all day. And there are always people playing basketball. And throwing over parking lots is mind numbingly stupid.

If concrete tees are poured into the current layout it will be a gigantic mistake and will probably eventually lead to problems since more people will play the course and thus more safety incidents are likely to occur.
alcstradamus

Postby Bugslayer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

as with all things the City will have the final say. I know they want the course and they want it played, other than that? not my department,

I'm just throwing a masters and above tourney, wanted to do a benefit and knew this was underway, and wanted to help...... that runs out my involvement other than I will probably help when the grunt work comes.
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Postby tufluk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am

Disclaimer: I'm no course designer.
Instead of pouring 18 teepads, (9 holes w 2 pads per) could one pour 9 teepads, and have 2 baskets per. The course already has 18 baskets. It seems the way to do it with the least cost in concrete and labor.
tufluk

Postby Bugslayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:13 am

iinteresting idea Tuf! I don't know if that is possible but it sounds reasonable...I'll throw it out there
A mind is like a parachute.....it doesn't work if it isn't open!

Frank Zappa
Bugslayer

Previous

Return to Quad Cities (Rock Island, IL) - Longview Park