Fat Tire / Volunteers Celebration - July 20th - Camden II

Postby swan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:54 am

Due to a wonderful change in plans, I'm in for the tourney.
swan

Postby Sniper26 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:59 pm

WE WILL BE IN THE PAVILION ON THE BOTTOM OF CAMDEN 1 BEHIND HOLE 6's TEE PAD.

Sorry this was the only pavilion that we could get, the other two have already been rented out for some time. I know that it isn't the most optimal spot but everyone can just drive up top when the rounds start and I will be delivering Fat Tire on the course during the second round.

Things are falling in order nicely for the tournament. Sprague will be taking care of placing baskets, Resch is bringing the scoreboard, Ellis is making the scorecards, Zach White has the BBQ pork, hamburgers, and brats, and there are several people who have offered to help with other duties throughout the day.

I am going to be picking up the keg on Saturday night and will have it iced down all night and ready to drink at lunch on Sunday.

I am still looking for someone who has a nice tapper that won't make the beer all foamy. I have one, but it is a piece of junk. If nobody has a good one I will rent one and be very picky to get a new one.

Can anyone else think of something that I have overlooked?
Sniper26

Postby Sprague » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:08 pm

We might be starting everyone on hole 1 and 9 - so if your early and want to get your round started we can start sending people off as soon as groups form... This will lighten the load on Paul so everyone doesn't finish all at once. It will also ensure that your food is hot and ready to go when you get there. Paul, I would recommend having beer during the first round as well. You know people are gonna want to get started early - it is a work night after all.

Tracy and Carrie (maybe Kathy if she doesn't play) may be showing up with some CTP prizes and to show support - maybe they could deliver growlers to thirsty people!

Bring Growlers if you have them, or Nalgenish bottles(safe versions)

:D :lol: :D
Can't wait!!!
Sprague

Postby FB32992 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:59 pm

4sure!!!!!
"No Chain No Game"
Team Iron Lion
http://www.ironliondgs.com/
FB32992

Postby Sniper26 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:51 pm

I have the keg of Fat Tire in my possession and it is on ice! Thanks to Ron Razz for getting us hooked up with a brand new tapper.

Also thanks to Jay Pizzle Peterson and Pat Kernan for hooking us up with free buns from Moline Hy-Vee. Anything that we don't have to pay for adds money to the payout.

Zach White allready got us a bunch of food and got us some CTPs donated from The National Bank.
Sniper26

Postby flyinplastic23 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:44 pm

sorry, just now found the thread! I am in!
A person with great dreams can accomplish great things- Bob Rotella

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil
flyinplastic23

Postby treeMD » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:34 pm

I hope everyone had as much fun today as i did!!! i did loose my chair somewhere between 12 and 16 if anyone finds it i would appreciate a heads up! thanks again to everyone who has helped out on the course.
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby rudge28339 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:06 pm

I had a blast at the touny also. Great job on putting it together Paul and everyone else involved! We need to have a fat tire tourny every year!
B&B Hardware
Milan, IL
309-787-1424
rudge28339

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 am

I am not sure if my liver could take it once a year.
Sniper26

Postby swan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 am

Many thanks to everyone who helped run the festivities yesterday. Good food, good beer, good people and a well run tournament. Also, thanks to all who donated the CTP prizes.

I had a great time and the course was awesome. Camden II (or whatever) is yet another top notch course for our area. Infinite thanks to everyone who helped get it together.

I hope it didn't lose too many trees in this mornings storm. :shock:
swan

Postby Sprague » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:04 pm

Hope it's still there today after the tornado that ripped through here!

I'm missing a growler from front street,a growler from Blue Cat (in Pam's car - Paul call your mom or I'm dead!), 2 hours of memory, whatever was in my stomach @ 2am, and with any luck my dignity will pop up here soon...that pounding headache must have been my brain cells exploding.

Had a great time! Thanks again Paul and all the volunteers who helped all the volunteers have a relaxing (grind) of a day on the other side!

That's a lot of golf and we just played short pins! WHooa!
Sprague

Previous

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park