Camden II

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri May 29, 2009 11:28 am

We'll be cleaning up fairways and rough at Camden II on Monday, June 1st to get things looking good for the Rumble next weekend. I'll be there at 5:30, but others may be there earlier, so please check back here.

If you have a weedeater you could bring, that would be awesome.

You might want to consider work gloves and long pants (unless you're too cool, or too tough for that sort of thing). ;)

I will likely be out there this Saturday, as well. Feel free to give me a call 563-676-6686.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Lou Siffer » Sat May 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Walked the course yesterday and it is definitely in need of some weed trimming.

We will be out Monday beginning at around 4:30, but it may take more than one night to get to everything that needs to be done. If you are able (and willing) to get out there on your own, or with friends, there are plenty of areas that can have weeds knocked down.

If you're going out, concentrate on areas that surround the greens, and places where drives are likely to land off the tee (probably more on the left sides of the fairways).

Thanks in advance!
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 am

Agreed, those weeds have taken off big time. I look forward to digging in with a weed whacker around the greens. In its current state, course flow would be a problem.
KePP

Postby Lou Siffer » Sun May 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Almost forgot to say thanks to Evan and Wes for going out last Monday and working on the course (in spite of the rain).

Evan took down some big "tree stuff" on 16, opening back up the hyzer route, and a couple of other places too.

He and Wes also put in all the new stairs going down the hill from 12s tee. Nice work guys!
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Sun May 31, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks to Shaun R. and Sprague and John with the stairs. Mike Friestad was there at the crack of dawn stacking branches and burnin piles. Evan carried a ton of the workload that day.
KePP

Postby treeMD » Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 pm

It was a team effort, when we all work together the course gets better and better for everyone! :D

Looks like some rainy weather for tomorrow, hopefully it will hold off in the evening so we can get some of that rough knocked down. fingures crossed!
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:19 pm

We are still heading out tonight and take our chances with the weather. Please come out and help if you can.
Sniper26

Postby KePP » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:05 am

Thanks to everyone who gave up their Monday evening last night to start preparing for guests. We got some weeds whacked and some benches built. I didn’t get to see everyone that made it out, but the people I can remember are Sprague, the Roesner's, Deek, Evan, Spillman, Dustin Avery, Mr. Resch, and a guy I should’ve gotten his name but didn’t.

A few areas I know of that got hit up:
2’s green
3 is pretty good
6 got a lot of trimming, could use more
7 is done
8 was given attention

We will be back at it tomorrow night. What specific holes have flow problems? I would like to work from a list of spots we always seem to be looking for discs. I’ve only played the course six times, so if you have an opinion please give it. Thanks,

1 – across the ravine, tree shots that ricochet left or right
3 – drives that fade out left, drives & approaches to the right (nasty!)
5 – drives that go left
6 – drives that fade out left (nasty!)
8 – drives that fade out left, the right side hillside?
10 – short and left of basket, canopy weeds
11 – drives that fade left down the slope
15 – past/right of pin?
17 – ?
KePP

Postby KePP » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Took a half-day off work tomorrow, so I'll be out there around 3:00. I don't have any equipment, though...
KePP

Postby treeMD » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 pm

if you could find a shovel you could level off the steps on 12
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:07 am

I may try to get out of this rat hole early, too.

I can bring a shovel and some other cool stuff.

We really need to do something about the steep slopes (up to 9s tee, up to 5s tee, steps off 17, etc.) because if it rains, it will not be fun.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby KePP » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:15 am

I can bring a shovel (spade). Doesn't mean I'll do the stairs. Pretty sure I would ruin them, somehow.
KePP

Postby KePP » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:00 am

Wow that was really encouraging to see so many people show up last night. Hole eight is looking amazing, and more new stairs! Thank you to everyone that is making it happen. This past week has had enough cosmetic progress to make it addicting, like facial surgery.
KePP

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 pm

Yes, fantastic turnout last night! It's been a while since there's been such a huge crew out there getting after it, but it sure is nice to see people stepping up when the pressure's on.

Things are really starting to look good out there, and it's all because a big number of folks were willing to give up their free time to do some manual labor.

There's still some work to be done, so if you can get out there and knock down the rough with a weed eater or a hand powered cutter, that would really help out.

Thanks so much to everyone that's come out so far this week. You guys RULE!
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm

Played for the 1st time last week! What an awesome course! I think of home (Wildcat) when throwing several holes. The cleanup after the tornado last year makes our current cleanup look small in comparison. Can't wait to go back and do it again. Great job!!!
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park