Camden II

Postby Lou Siffer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Paul.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Sorry for your loss, Paul.
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

Postby Lou Siffer » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:16 pm

Walked the new layout on "The Other Side" yesterday at Camden park with the head of Milan's Parks, Dave Panel, Reed and RJ McDaniel, and Chris Sprague.

Dave has given us the green light to start work clearing fairways, and Milan will begin work on the course on Monday the 5th.

We have scheduled a work day this Saturday beginning at 9AM. This isn't going to be an all day affair, so if you plan on working, come early.

If you have tools like saws, heavy rakes, and such, bring them along. Make sure you wear long pants, long sleeves, and gloves.

I know MDR is running his thing at West Lake, but this is the best day we could get. If you were planning on playing on Saturday out there, please do so. There'll be other opportunities to contribute.

If you wanted to work in the morning, you could still play the second round out there.
Last edited by Lou Siffer on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way."
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:43 am

I've seen Sprague's "notebook" and we discussed it extensively (what discussion with him isn't extensive :lol: ) and it appears he's spent a LOT of time out there tweaking the design. This course is going to be sick. Looked like he got the flow ironed out. Can't wait till it's a reality. Also very nice to see Panel come around after nearly 8 years. I knew he would eventually.
GDL17921

Postby Lou Siffer » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:53 pm

We've got a solid crew lined up with plenty of chainsaws and two Brush Hogs for tomorrow, Sat. Nov 3rd, at 9AM.

If you show up late, just give me a call: 563-676-6686.

Thanks

P.S. If you don't show up to work, you better be at West Lake. Neither Mike nor I will be accepting any lame ass excuses.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby rudge28339 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:14 pm

The course looks Great! You guys really did a lot of work out there today!
rudge28339

Postby Lou Siffer » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:18 pm

I want to thank Chris Sprague, Alex Oehrlein, Brad Ellis, Dan Thompson, Paul Roesner and his dad, "Mr. Bill", Dustin Oostendorp, Mike Friestad, Ron Rasmussen, and John Scott for coming out on Saturday and putting in some serious time and muscle to help make a big dent into the Quad Cities' newest course.

We managed to get four fairways cleared and a good start on a fifth (no, not that kind of fifth). This is a really big job as there are a lot of small standing trees, big dead trees on the ground, and brush (mostly with thorns) to be cleared out.

We had three chainsaws going non-stop for at least five hours. And, speaking of chainsaws, I (and you) need to give a huge shout out to Reed and RJ McDaniel at B&B Hardware for donating a brand new chainsaw to the club! If you need hardware, tools, building supplies, anything, please try to take your business to them.

The Village of Milan, who had the foresight to hire Chris Sprague on for the next month, will begin working on the course tomorrow.

I'll try to keep you up to date on the progress, and when we'll have another club work day.

Thanks again. You guys ROCK!
Last edited by Lou Siffer on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Abraham Lincoln
Lou Siffer

Postby Sniper26 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:34 pm

I have had a hand in building and maintaining several courses over the last 3 years, and I have to say without a doubt that this was the hardest working group of guys I have ever worked with. Thanks to all of you guys!!
Sniper26

Postby Orange Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:09 am

Guys, it was a blast. It was amazing how we all just kind of jumped in and got to work. It was almost like we've been doing this kind of thing for many years.

When is our next work day?
Orange Guy

Postby ajordanpippenfan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 am

It was a lot of fun. My only question is . . . Why wasn't I born with as much energy as Sprague?
One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do.
Author: Henry Ford
ajordanpippenfan

Postby KePP » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:18 pm

Big thanks to all you that went out there and busted some A for the benefit of all of us. I didn't make it out to help but hopefully will make the next one. Please post any updates.
KePP

Postby RonRazz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Saturday goes to show that even with the other events going on in the area there are still people willing to get a lot of work can get done. Hopefully the next time we can get something together there wont be much going on and we can have an even bigger turnout.

I'm definately up for another work day, Chris's prep work made it a lot easier to see the work that needed to be done.

And some one needs to bring a traveler basket so we can try out some of the freshly cut holes!
RonRazz

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:11 pm

As of right now the forcast looks good for this Saturday, should we try to throw another workday together? I might even be able to get my dad to whip up some "Mr. Billys Chilli" for the workforce.
Sniper26

Postby Orange Guy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Want me to whip up some flyers to post around Camden to maybe get some non-club and non-IowaDG folks to maybe show up and help?
Orange Guy

Postby Sniper26 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:24 pm

I just spoke with John Resch and we will be holding another workday Saturday November 10th, starting at 9:00 am. I also spoke with my dad and he will have his famous chilli for all the workers. I understand that alot of people can't spend an entire day there, but even a hour or two can help. Brad, please make up the flyers and post them when you get the chance. Hope to see everyone there.
Sniper26

PreviousNext

Return to Quad Cities (Milan, IL) - Camden Park