Crossing Review!

Crossing Review!

Postby Conrad 37988 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:16 pm

Alright, we played Boone again this weekend, looking forward to seeing the "artifical crossings". So there where some cinder blocks on 7 that made about perfect sense seeing how water can pass through them with out the current sweeping them away.

On 8 aka 909 (play it you"ll know why) there where some cleverly placed stepping stones to the right of the teepad.

9 It looks like the river washed away the ground behind the teepad so much that the giant tree that was behind the teepad is down and you can cross easily (if you are comfortable balancing on trees). There is another water crossing about 2/5ths away form the teepad where it looks like some stepping stones have been there, but removed. Once you are done with 9 there is a tree that seems to have been cut down to serve as a bridge to make your way to 10.

Thanks to these crossings (and the Quic' Stic') we walked off the Boone course with dry shoes for the first time.

Even with the crossings McHose is a heavily wooded course and depending on how well you can find rogue discs it still takes some time to play. Take some friends so they can help spot where you go.

I still recomened the Nut Sac Disc Golf Bag and the Quic' Stic' the two items helped us out by keeping our hands free for climbing and a Stic' for when discs went into water.

All in all I love this course and the crossings make it a lot easier to stay dry. I just wanna say "great job" to those who designed and worked on this course.
Conrad 37988

Postby Cydisc » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:18 pm

There were 3 to show up for the work day on Saturday (Charley Braun, Mike Kurtz and myself). We did some more clearing on #7 and augmented the crossings you mentioned. The cinder blocks on #7's approach are a bit tippy so I recommend crossing on the bridge you see before you get to the second creek crossing.

Unfortunately, it rained Friday night, so the concrete truck could not make it down to the remaining tees. We're going to try for sometime during the week to get those last three, but the possibility remains that we throw from natural tees for 8, 9 and 10.

Now, we're just waiting for the mower to catch the lower part of #4 and the brush hog to get the 7, 8 and 9 fairways.

After surveying the erosion on #9's tee pad, I'm considering moving the tee up to the concrete creek crossing and make that a par 3. Still an interesting hole to be sure and will improve the flow of the course not having to back track.
Cydisc

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:33 am

I'm a lil dissapointed to hear about the possible movement of 9's teepad, but 2 of my friends have lost discs just before the cement crossing, so mabey its a good thing to move it.
Conrad 37988

Return to Boone - McHose Park