Todays round...

Todays round...

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:38 pm

Shot out to the park right after work today...It's sunny, windy and 73 degrees and a beautiful day. Played well last night so I am looking forward to playing today...

Hole one - miss a short putt, but it was my fault - need to concentrate
Hole two - Good drive, good second shot, but again - missed a short putt - grr
Hole three - good drive, second shot close, made putt...whew
Hole four - Wind knocks down my drive well short - next shot goes in the creek - three more shots before I hole out...auaagh!
Hole five - Try to put some extra mustard on it and promptly throw it in the creek; next shot - in the creek; next shot - off the chains and rolls down...in the creek...two more shots to hole out...at this point I'm starting to get a little dizzy...I take a little time walking to the next hole to gather myself...
Hole six - Nice drive - best of the day - things are gonna turn around, the next shot hits a tree...as does the next, but its close so I'll take a four and be happy
Hole seven - Starts off niiiiice...until it hits the tree - next shot - hits another tree - third shot - hits yet another tree...three more shots and I'm done - at this point the wheels have completely fallen off but I know I can turn it around with a good tee shot on 8
hole eight - Nice high drive - that is taken by the wind - it hits the top of a tree and rattle down to...land in the creek - three shots to finish the hole.
Hole nine - another nice drive that is taken by the wind - it looks like it's gonna land in the creek again - until it hits a tree, I have a nice straight shot to the hole if I can get it under that limb - which I promptly hit...
hole ten - There's a tree thirty feet in front of the tee that I need to throw it around, but of course I hit the tree. My disc (with some help from the wind) rolls back behind the tree. On my next shot I...hit the same F%$#&?G tree...at least I hit my putt for a four
Hole eleven - you already know what happens here - tree - throw - hit, then I miss the short putt.
Hole twelve - I'm not gonna bail out at this point - I'm gonna make the shot between the trees. they cannot take away my pride. I throw the disc as hard as I can...and...I...miss the tree. The wind takes it and I end up on the north side of the skate park - I cant even see the basket from here. Next shot ends up over by the road (where was the wind on that shot?) Next shot ends up 15 feet away. I make the put - pick up my discs - and walk home as fast as I can...beer...I need beer...lotsa beer...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:34 pm

Damn, Im crying right now :lol: If you run out of beer tonight, call, I'll do a drop for you. No wonder when I seen you you didn't have the disc bag, by the way it sounds, I'm suprised that they arn't buried under the tomato plants.
Look at the bright side, well I cant come up with any right now so just go have another beer
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:21 pm

The sad thing is I was gonna play again until my wife said she wanted to take the dog for a walk...if not for her I woulda been out smashing trees and wading in the creek...

god bless her :)
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:39 pm

i played the first 4 holes quick tonight... put my Barry Beast right into the creek... dropped two dollars on a kid to get it for me - he was already in the creek! LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey guys, thanks for meeting me out there tonight... What a fun, lite course w/ just enough challenge! Dan & I shot 39's, so come on Gary, let's see you beat it! Sorry you were sick tonight, you're already like 20 rounds ahead of all of us anyway... LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:44 pm

Oh yeah, and I met Jason Neifert out there... I've heard of him online (probably the forums) before, but never in person, and it turns out he lives in Lakewood. It was cool to meet someone known in the DG community.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:51 pm

I figure I was at least ten shots better than the round at the top of this post...

I think I play better in the dark :wink:
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:21 am

You had some shots that were on the money, man... good work!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:17 am

It's been nice seeing a steady flow of people through that park now, and it's ionly just begun!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby KePP » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:36 am

How's the modified 18? Are a lot of people doing that?
KePP

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:47 pm

Kepp, that last two pads aren't in yet. It'll probably take a coupel of weeks til the City starts doign street work, and they have excess crete to put in the pad forms...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:06 pm

To be honest most people seem to play the whole thing twice...It's not a real long course...4 of us played 12 holes the other night in a little over an hour...
mattmelcher

Return to Des Moines (Norwalk) - Windflower Park