Storm Damage

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:
hyzerman16234 wrote: For those who have chainsaws he has waivers that should be signed.

Steve, can you ask John how the people who want to help, that have chainsaws, can get a hold of him to get the waivers signed? Maybe have the forms at the entrance kiosk or maybe at the course kiosk? Or, maybe we can get some forms and have the help sign them when they show up to help?
Anyone that does want to help should try to find one of the WB crew for direction. Although there are trees down everywhere on the course, we want to keep the work somewhat organized.

Tye, PM me when you think you may come down so one of the crew can be there and get your crew organized.
Mike, thanks for the words. We could use the "axe" up here. :wink: We'll get this thing playable so you and Greg can come up and camp again.

I'll try to get some from him and we can put them in our mail box.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
hyzerman16234

Postby peyton » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Steve, once I get Legion cleaned up, I can help with Wildcat. I have sometime on my hands waiting for my leg to heal. I can cut stuff but I don't know how much I can lift. But I sure I can over do it.
peyton

Postby Jadams » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Sorry to hear about all the damage. I have a chainsaw. I am not the most experienced with cutting down large trees however. Not sure if you want me out there with it or not. I am planning on making it down there this weekend hopefully with Tye and at least one more guy.
Jadams

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Sounds like a plan! Looks like Sat morning hope we can get some manpower for the cause.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

GDL17921 wrote:Man, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. I saw C2 right after it got destroyed and it made me want to cry. I can only imagine how those that were intimately involved with that course felt, like Chris and Evan, to name a few. So I have a pretty good idea how you guys are feeling now too. However, it's moments like this that we can be strongest - and come together to help each other out. Who knows, maybe something positive can come out of this, like a better hole 16! :lol:

I hope I can find some time to come up and lend a hand for a day, even though that will be a blip on the radar of all there is to do....My heart goes out to you guys. Don't ever forget how much we recognize and appreciate this course. :cry:
i dont mess w chainsaws etc but my wounded arm can still haul and carry limbs logs etc jay id be willing to go up n help for a day have to be weekend tho maybe play small course on the way or way back like tourist or sumthen
blkwizardsonny

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Thank you everyone that's responded and wants to help! We'll try to get some details listed to help those who want to come out to know what to do. I still need to get out to see for myself. For those that want to bring power equipment they want waivers signed. We'll get that issue worked out somehow. Hopefully something good can come out of this. One thing I want to look at is the possibility of creating more tree obstacles like #12 :twisted:.
hyzerman16234

Postby IHearChains » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:21 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:Hopefully something good can come out of this. One thing I want to look at is the possibility of creating more tree obstacles like #12 :twisted:.

That would be awesome!

I know it was a ton of work to clean up after the storm damage at Camden II. Some things looked different, for example it cleared the canopy over some fairways and they started to get enough sun to actually grow some grass. It's now looking better than ever!

That's my hope for Wildcat too...different but potentially even better! I will try to get up there to help next week sometime.
IHearChains

Postby blkwizardsonny » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:Thank you everyone that's responded and wants to help! We'll try to get some details listed to help those who want to come out to know what to do. I still need to get out to see for myself. For those that want to bring power equipment they want waivers signed. We'll get that issue worked out somehow. Hopefully something good can come out of this. One thing I want to look at is the possibility of creating more tree obstacles like #12 :twisted:.
that tree obstacle is rediculous and i love it one of my fav holes behind 18 and 8
blkwizardsonny

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:Hopefully something good can come out of this. One thing I want to look at is the possibility of creating more tree obstacles like #12 :twisted:.

There are plenty of those for sure, we'll have to pick and choose which ones we want to keep and which ones to cut down. And there is much more sunlight for sure. When I walked through, me and Btchn were just amazed by the amount of sunlight coming through. It will be great for grass growth but the other side of the coin is less shade and less canopy to keep dry when raining.

I got rained out last night but will be going up tonight with a couple friends from work. We plan on starting on #2 and going as far as we can.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby peyton » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:46 pm

What time Saturday? I can be out there early and cut most of the day. I just need someone to clear what I cut.
peyton

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 pm

we will be their 9ish
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:17 pm

I plan on being there by 9:00 Doug, maybe a little earlier. Anytime you can make it will be fine, thanks!

We cut and cleaned up #2 and #3 tonight and they are looking pretty good.
These two holes were the least hit and only took 3 hours or so. They were good momentum builders for what's to come. Only 19 more holes to go. :shock:

Thanks to Paul, X, Odie, Kyle and Dustin for the help.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Almost forgot, the gate is closed but the lock is not locked. Please close it behind you once you get through. If John the ranger says anything just tell him you are there to help Steve on the course.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm not sure what Camden had but this is our Armageddon. Probably 20 times what we had in 09! Without an army of help the fall tourney might not be possible. Even if we manage to make that happen the place will be scarred from now on. I did find at least 3 new tree obstacles that might be cool. One is on 17 about 1/2 way down. Another is on 6. And C has one. Phuck the waivers lets cut wood! :twisted: I think everyone would be real disappointed if we had to cancel the fall tourney. This is a call to arms!! I won't have much time but will try to put some pics up soon. I'll be there every day all day from Friday until next Thursday except for Sunday. I'll have 3 chainsaws with me.
hyzerman16234

Postby Elevated » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:29 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote:\ Phuck the waivers lets cut wood! :twisted: I think everyone would be real disappointed if we had to cancel the fall tourney. This is a call to arms!! I won't have much time but will try to put some pics up soon. I'll be there every day all day from Friday until next Thursday except for Sunday. I'll have 3 chainsaws with me.

Agreed there. I have 2 chainsaws ready to go and will help every day I can when someone from WC crew is out there. Willing to sign a waiver if needed...

Also I took some pics of holes 1-9 and hosted them on photobucket...>for the most part they are in chronological order (backwards...start on page 5 last picture) ...I tryed to get a fairway shot from each tee pad as well as close ups of the pin placements and baskets. Here is a link

http://s1109.photobucket.com/albums/h432/ngordon319/Wildcat%20Windstorm%202011/#!cpZZ5QQtppZZ20

If I get some time tommorrow I'm going to hit the back 9. The fall tourny is the #1 tourny on my schedule so I don't want to see that cancelled!

BTW, I was standing outside @ like 4-430 am when that shizzat hit and on the radio their like this storm can produce winds of up to 60 mph, as the chairs on my deck went flying across the yard and trees started falling down, weathermen @ their best.....
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff