Storm Damage

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 am

I'll go up after work and assess the damage.
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:00 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:I'll go up after work and assess the damage.

Crager said 18 looks worse than 13 did in 09. I can imagine what the rest is like. Hopefully no baskets are destroyed.
hyzerman16234

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:37 pm

noooooooooooooooo 18 hurt better that the course is hurt darnit . im sure you fellas will do some incredible work so it wont fall from my FAV course for awhile
blkwizardsonny

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:16 pm

I'm hoping for the best Sonny. Hopefully we got lucky and not too many trees fell accross the fairways or greens.

Good things: firewood, free mulch and maybe a new hole or two to throw through on some of the fairways. (#4 "obvious" tree could have fallen!) :wink:
Bad things: a lot of chainsaw work and cleanup.

Rest assured, we will clean it up as good as we can.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Elevated » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Good luck wildcat crew!! I took a peek down there while I had a few minutes in between clearing downed trees @ home. Looks like a lot a good sized ones took a tumble...

Im available for tree/debris clearing help if needed...just let me know!
Boats N' Hoes
Elevated

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:39 pm

It's hard to even talk about the course after what I've just seen. The course will be closed for a while as we go hole to hole to clean things up. Luckily, only one basket, #15, was hit and only the top ring on one side was bent down. All the signs, benches and picnic tables survived the carnage. The only holes that will be easily cleaned up are #3, 4 and 5. The worst holes are #11, 15-18. I didn't even recognize 15-17, not a fairway to be found. This is my home and I had to figure out where the hell I was on that part of the course.
I plan on cleaning something every night this week starting with limb cleanup throughout the course to make it easier and safer to get to the stuff that needs a chainsaw. Anyone that has some free time and would like to help clean debris up is more than welcome to. Right now, I'm thinking we may be able to clean the front up and get it playable in a while, maybe a couple weeks if lucky. Then, start on the back but we'll see. It's hard to know where to even start. One thing I do know though, we will be back.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Abe Froman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote: One thing I do know though, we will be back.

f'n a

what a bummer guys. :cry: ill see what time i can get this weekend. i can borrow the old man's chainsaw. so im guessing it's a hold on those benches? glad the baskets are still safe. take some pics for those of us that cant make it out right away. might help with recruiting some other peeps to come help. plus im curious to see the carnage and wont be able to make it out for a bit. i wish i lived closer an it'd be easier to come after work

If u think any $ would help I can try and pass the hat around @ BW wednesday night? Let me know and ill beg for cash
Abe Froman

Postby blkwizardsonny » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 pm

ill send some abe if u guys take a hat around wish i could come up n help we'll see what i can do
blkwizardsonny

Postby hyzerman16234 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:50 am

I talked to John the park ranger last night. He hasn't decided if he will close the park yet, but I imagine he will until the campground is safe to camp in. Every park they manage has major damage. For those who have chainsaws he has waivers that should be signed. He said the wind there was over 120 mph. I plan to go get a new saw and supplies tonight and will be up Thurs night to start cutting. We should have a better idea in the next week when the course might be playable again. I just hope the cleanup can be done by the tournament. If you do go out there think about your safety first. There is a lot of elevated damage. Getting that stuff down and cut will be the biggest challenge. Any expert help there would be our biggest need.
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:18 am

Abe Froman wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote: One thing I do know though, we will be back.

f'n a

what a bummer guys. :cry: ill see what time i can get this weekend. i can borrow the old man's chainsaw. so im guessing it's a hold on those benches? glad the baskets are still safe. take some pics for those of us that cant make it out right away. might help with recruiting some other peeps to come help. plus im curious to see the carnage and wont be able to make it out for a bit. i wish i lived closer an it'd be easier to come after work

If u think any $ would help I can try and pass the hat around @ BW wednesday night? Let me know and ill beg for cash

Any help you can give Adam would be appreciated and, if you can, hold the benches unless you don't have room then we can find a place for them. (Thanks again for them!) I forgot my camera yesterday and will take it tonight. It may be hard to tell what you are looking at though and may possibly make you sick. I'm not sure on the cash thing. The cost of gas and maintenance on the chainsaws would be all we spend. If you want to pass the hat, go ahead, anything will be much appreciated.
As I said before, I am going up tonight to drag the downed limbs that are small enough out of the way to get to the big stuff that needs a chainsaw. I should be up there every night this week and can direct anyone who wants to help.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:20 am

blkwizardsonny wrote:ill send some abe if u guys take a hat around wish i could come up n help we'll see what i can do

Thanks Sonny, your support at this time is worth more than money to me. :wink:
Budhyzer 17696

Postby LOOTOWNDISKR » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:40 pm

A few guys and myself will come down this week at some point. very sorry to hear this news :cry: This place is heaven and anything we can do we will. We have a chainsaw or two we can bring, and whatever manpower we can get.
LOOTOWNDISKR

Postby strokersix » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:27 pm

I know the feeling well. Doesn't even look like the same place. Two summers ago straight line winds 90+mph ripped through Camden. I heard yours were clocked even higher than that, like 120.
strokersix

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:14 pm

hyzerman16234 wrote: For those who have chainsaws he has waivers that should be signed.

Steve, can you ask John how the people who want to help, that have chainsaws, can get a hold of him to get the waivers signed? Maybe have the forms at the entrance kiosk or maybe at the course kiosk? Or, maybe we can get some forms and have the help sign them when they show up to help?
Anyone that does want to help should try to find one of the WB crew for direction. Although there are trees down everywhere on the course, we want to keep the work somewhat organized.

Tye, PM me when you think you may come down so one of the crew can be there and get your crew organized.
Mike, thanks for the words. We could use the "axe" up here. :wink: We'll get this thing playable so you and Greg can come up and camp again.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Man, I'm terribly sorry to hear about this. I saw C2 right after it got destroyed and it made me want to cry. I can only imagine how those that were intimately involved with that course felt, like Chris and Evan, to name a few. So I have a pretty good idea how you guys are feeling now too. However, it's moments like this that we can be strongest - and come together to help each other out. Who knows, maybe something positive can come out of this, like a better hole 16! :lol:

I hope I can find some time to come up and lend a hand for a day, even though that will be a blip on the radar of all there is to do....My heart goes out to you guys. Don't ever forget how much we recognize and appreciate this course. :cry:
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff