Storm Damage

Postby Crager » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:31 am

brox wrote:It was slightly scary playing out there Monday early morning. Lots of hanging trees. The paths seem mostly clear and nothing you can't work around. Although if I'm going to die from a freak limb falling on me can't think of a better course...

Almost all the hanging trees are from the storm last year, most are going to be hanging around for awhile unless we can get a tree climber to cut them down, which would be 8)
Wildcat Bluff Crew Member
Crager

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:09 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:
Budhyzer 17696 wrote:5 or 6 trees downed during the storm on Saturday afternoon, nothing we can't handle and really kind of insulting. :lol: :wink:

I plan to get them friday if my pain goes away. Might have to go see a ciro instead. Feels like I popped a rib in my upper back.

Crager and I are going to work on this tomorrow afternoon. Planning on getting 10C path to eleven cleaned up and behind #16 pad, shouldn't take long. We'll see what we can get done from there on the front depending on time.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:13 am

Got everything cleaned up yesterday except for about 10' of the biggest part of the tree behind 2B. You'll need to get the big saw out for that one Steve, otherwise rest your back. :wink: Thanks to Crager for the "transportation" to the work areas and Btchn and Crager for draging the limbs out of my way and to their new home far away from the fairways.
Budhyzer 17696

Postby hyzerman16234 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:28 am

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Got everything cleaned up yesterday except for about 10' of the biggest part of the tree behind 2B. You'll need to get the big saw out for that one Steve, otherwise rest your back. :wink: Thanks to Crager for the "transportation" to the work areas and Btchn and Crager for draging the limbs out of my way and to their new home far away from the fairways.

Thanks! I plan to play today. Went to the Ciro and I feel pretty good. The muscle spasms went away Wednesday night and haven't returned. I hope they don't either. They were bad.
hyzerman16234

Postby hyzerman16234 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:01 pm

Well the course has several holes with major storm damage. 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 18 are the ones that have the most work needed. A lot of small 2 or 3 inch trees are bowed over from the snow that's stuck to them. The back from 14 on looks OK. I'll post some pics on Facebook shortly.
hyzerman16234

Postby hyzerman16234 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:18 am

hyzerman16234 wrote:Well the course has several holes with major storm damage. 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 18 are the ones that have the most work needed. A lot of small 2 or 3 inch trees are bowed over from the snow that's stuck to them. The back from 14 on looks OK. I'll post some pics on Facebook shortly.

11 and 12 are also bad. The tree count is probably closer to 200 that are affecting fairways. Overall it is a mess. It will be several days before I can get started cutting.
hyzerman16234

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Tim and I played a round this morning and were surprised by the amount of trees standing back up tall after we knocked the snow off of them Saturday. The gnome and I took an actual count and figured there were around 100 small fairway / edge trees that may be lost but that amount could be less depending again on how they bounce back from more snow removal today.

Tim and I plan on being out there next Saturday for a work day Steve so we should be able to clean things up then.
Budhyzer 17696

Re: Storm Damage

Postby Budhyzer 17696 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Today is the two year anniversary of the storm that whipped through the course and changed Wildcat Bluff forever. I just got done looking through this thread and even viewed some of the photos that were posted. Man, what a mess it was! It sure is cool to see how much support we had and how great the disc golf community is when someone is in need. The showing of support and offers to help at that time puts a big ass smile on my face today. Back then, there was so much uncertainty about the course and how the storm would affect it. Now, two years later, I can honestly say the course is probably better than it would have been without the storm...... although I never would have thought that then. I want to give a shout of thanks out to anyone who has helped us in the last couple of years to get to where we are today. At that time I said we would be back...and thanks to everyone's support, we are!
Budhyzer 17696

Re: Storm Damage

Postby hyzerman16234 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Budhyzer 17696 wrote:Today is the two year anniversary of the storm that whipped through the course and changed Wildcat Bluff forever. I just got done looking through this thread and even viewed some of the photos that were posted. Man, what a mess it was! It sure is cool to see how much support we had and how great the disc golf community is when someone is in need. The showing of support and offers to help at that time puts a big ass smile on my face today. Back then, there was so much uncertainty about the course and how the storm would affect it. Now, two years later, I can honestly say the course is probably better than it would have been without the storm...... although I never would have thought that then. I want to give a shout of thanks out to anyone who has helped us in the last couple of years to get to where we are today. At that time I said we would be back...and thanks to everyone's support, we are!

I couldn't have said it better.
hyzerman16234

Previous

Return to Urbana - Wildcat Bluff