Proto Star Destroyers

Buy Sell and Trade your goods. Personal items only no retailers!

Proto Star Destroyers

Postby Sidearm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:11 am

I'm looking for proto star destroyers -- to throw, not to hang on the wall. Used would be preferable as long as they aren't too flippy and/or covered with ink.
Sidearm

Postby Buzzz Killington » Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 pm

And you flick them??
Maybe I oughtta try that out again. I gave up early on em, but I love, love, love em for my BH.
Buzzz Killington

Postby Sidearm » Tue May 24, 2011 7:50 am

The first run star destroyers in my bag are like the offspring of a pro wraith & a regular run star destroyer -- nice stability & excellent glide. I recently picked up a couple more first runs & a nightshift star destroyer on ebay. It's a good time to buy, but you're still looking at $30+ for an x-out & $40-70 (depending on bidders) for a new first run star destroyer.
Sidearm

Postby Single L » Tue May 24, 2011 8:24 am

Sidearm wrote:The first run star destroyers in my bag are like the offspring of a pro wraith & a regular run star destroyer -- nice stability & excellent glide.

Have you tried any of the 12 Time (current run) Star Wraiths. I find them a lot more stable then the pre-12 Time runs but less stable than the current Destroyers ....... a disc that fits between the Pro Wraith and Star Destroyer (at least in my bag).
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Sidearm » Tue May 24, 2011 9:09 am

Single L wrote:
Sidearm wrote:The first run star destroyers in my bag are like the offspring of a pro wraith & a regular run star destroyer -- nice stability & excellent glide.

Have you tried any of the 12 Time (current run) Star Wraiths. I find them a lot more stable then the pre-12 Time runs but less stable than the current Destroyers ....... a disc that fits between the Pro Wraith and Star Destroyer (at least in my bag).

Thanks for the suggestion, Corey. I used to throw Star Wraiths but was often disappointed with their lack of glide (not sure I'm even using the right term). I know very little about discs, but I've never thrown another disc that matched my first run star destroyers' ability to turn a 300 foot thrower into a 350 foot thrower.
Sidearm

Return to Bartertown