2011 USDGC - Iowa Rep

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby GaW27166 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:39 pm

GDL17921 wrote:damn, I was hoping I could round up some action. :twisted:
I would put money but you would have to give me 7 for any chance of it. I think the line is Mizzou by1-3 depending.
GaW27166

Postby GDL17921 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:damn, I was hoping I could round up some action. :twisted:
Our bet is still on!!!

lol, I should have said "more" action.... :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:38 pm

I'm really surprised that nobody besides Chuck even thought of making the Iowa qualifier a handicap event. IF what Chuck said is true about the global tournament, and IF there's one (or more) in Iowa, I'd likely lean toward using it for the Iowa spot.

Lindsley, sorry you didn't get to test drive your gif on one of my quotes. I know you were anxiously waiting to drop it on me.
Clue

Postby Captain » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:28 pm

I hope this talk of making the USDGC qualifier handicapped based is only on the spirit of this year's event. So, next year (2012), when it's back to the best of the best, that is only the open division that can qualify.

Limiting the events to say 4-5 of then first 7 is worth considering. I do think it should be collective, instead of a best of, point total.
Captain

Postby Clue » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Captain wrote:I hope this talk of making the USDGC qualifier handicapped based is only on the spirit of this year's event. So, next year (2012), when it's back to the best of the best, that is only the open division that can qualify.

Limiting the events to say 4-5 of then first 7 is worth considering. I do think it should be collective, instead of a best of, point total.

Yes, I was only considering that because of this year's format. Personally, I didn't like having all 7 tournaments count toward the qualifier, however I wouldn't be opposed to something like best 5 of 7 or something like that so that you have the option of skipping a couple or have the chance to benefit from showing up to all of them. We'll figure that out next year.

I'm still open for input. I haven't seen anything about the national qualifying yet. It may influence my decision. No hurry. I wouldn't expect a final decision until maybe March.
Clue

Postby treeMD » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 pm

I like the idea of handicapping the qualifying events as this is the format the USDGC will be using this year. the only problem i can see with that is if we use multiple events for determining the rep it will create more work for someone(TDs/SC) to do the handicapping for all the events and all the players trying to qualify.

I actually think using a singal event for qualifying may be the way to go if you use a beefed up course like West Lake Gold, Pickard or Ewing with added OBs and the handicapping, to simulate the format the USDGC will be using. The USDGC this year doesnt seem to be about playing with the best of the best but more of an any-mans event. that being said, it doesnt seem necessary to have qualifying involve multiple events.

Regarless of what is decided upon for qualifying, i would hope that it gives Ams and lower level Pros a chance to get in, as this seems to be what the event in 2011 is geared toward.
Q 32845
treeMD

Postby Clue » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:16 pm

I've made a decision on this, and here it is:

Legion of Doom - Handicapped

$10 entry in addition to the tournament entry with all proceeds going to the qualifier if/when that person actually enters the tournament.

The person who wins the qualifier will need to be registered by the end of July or they forfeit their eligibility and the spot will be given to the next in line.

I may not be on here much for the next couple of days so if you have questions or comments, please be patient and I'll be sure to respond as soon as possible.
Clue

Previous

Return to Ask the State Coordinator