Possible Carlisle course

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:41 pm

that quote and what you said make it sound to me like you're just an idiot and don't even really know what irony means. Since you elected to make this public, let's break it down, jackhole.

Irony is a literary or rhetorical device, in which there is an incongruity or discordance between what one says or does, and what one means or what is generally understood.

Irony can also be determined in a story in which something at the end of the book happens that no one expects.

In modern usage, it can refer to incongruity between the intended meaning of an action and the actual or perceived meaning of an action.

There is some argument about what is ironic, but all the different senses of irony revolve around the perceived notion of an incongruity between what is said and what is meant; or between an understanding of reality, or an expectation of a reality, and what actually happens

therefore, your "ironic" comment regarding Tyler's comments about my input infers that I'm a douchebag, and therefore it's ironic, or "there's a notion of incongruity" that a douchbag like myself contributed something valuable to this discussion. Hence I fired back.

I could give a shit about "patching it up". And why the hell did you quote that like I said it or something? Get over yourself, idiot.

I gave you a gentleman's chance to talk about this privately...
GDL17921

Postby AO » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:50 pm

I am not full of myself and you told me to Chuck off and die so why would I respond to your pm. Maybe the pm before the attack.
AO

Postby irban » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm

You know, sometimes it's like freaking Peyton Place around here.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby shane » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Rightcunnin----- likes gin
MT--------------- It is shortbus
10up------------ what bus it is doesn't matter just don't forget your helmet
Donator-------- yes the post was way to long (kind of like you're walk home from the bar)
GDL-------------FOAD way out of line
AO--------------- Be the bigger man let it go
Ghst------------- Build a course wherever you want just remember you might be held liable
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby shane » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:24 pm

Oh by the way isn't it kind of early for cabin fever?????????
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:43 pm

frogawitdafizzle wrote:
10up wrote:it's "short bus" dumbass :roll:

Youve went a little overboard with the insults

Now we have all went overboard with insults. Oh and I counted them up yesterday, 152 played and under the belt( counted yesterday Adam) and alot of them nice old 9 holers in MN. Lets settle down and quit insulting people. The site I believe was created with the intentions of furthering the efforts of people doing things in disc golf in Iowa. I have been a culprit of insults here and there because some dont understand what i think is funny when Im drunk, but I have learned that this is not being a good ambassador of my area, and I have tried to refrain from picking fights here. I think some of you need to help others who may be naive, rather insult them.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby BS8 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 pm

wow... way to hit up dictionary and wikipedia there GDL. If you knew what half of those words meant that you copy and pasted, your post might actually hold some credence. I'm basing that on your use of "FOAD", "jackhole", and "douchebag"...

You took offense to something that was not intended to create offense (at least not to you) and obviously overreacted by telling someone you don't even know to F**k off and die. Realize your mistake and apologize and let the water flow under the bridge son......life is to short. You have to realize after you tell someone what you did they are probably not interested in having a "conversation" with you about it.
BS8

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:02 am

Best. Thread. Evar.

Also, I thought Tyler was referring to me as a douchebag but maybe I misread it.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:03 am

PS. Shane is hilarious
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby gocards300 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 am

Just for the record I think Fausch is a jackhole douchebag that can FOAD while riding the short bus to play a 9 hole course at huxley.
gocards300

Postby grodney » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:40 am

10up wrote:Best. Thread. Evar.

And this proves it: "your comment regarding Tyler's comments about my input infers that . . ."

I've been reading stuff (and looking at stuff) on the internet for a long time, and I still marvel at a triple-referral inferral.

Speaking of seeing stuff on the internet, I really thought I'd seen nearly everything, but then I stumbled upon "belly inflation". There's a lot of parody out there, but I think some of it is actually real. It's hard to tell the fetish from the fake-ish these days.
grodney

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:17 am

BS8 wrote:......life is to short.

too

just sayin'
GDL17921

Postby BS8 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:39 am

What are you saying? That I made a typo? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

When dealing with arguments/controversy that YOU have started a wise man once said "If you are wrong and have been proven so, admit your mistake, apologize where necessary and move on, life is TOO short, and depending on who you're dealing with, if you don't, it could be even shorter".

Take that for what it's worth.

FF
BS8

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 am

10up wrote:Best. Thread. Evar.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby irban » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:59 am

irban wrote:You know, sometimes it's like freaking Peyton Place around here.

Hmmm, or maybe Highschool Musical. Next thing AO and GDL will be having a sing off for the lead roll, with 10up playing the piano. And Fausch jonesin' to sing and dance, but afraid to admit it to his dumb jock friends? Sounds like a winner!
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator