Possible Carlisle course

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Postby Single L » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:03 am

irban wrote:
irban wrote:You know, sometimes it's like freaking Peyton Place around here.

Hmmm, or maybe Highschool Musical. Next thing AO and GDL will be having a sing off for the lead roll, with 10up playing the piano. And Fausch jonesin' to sing and dance, but afraid to admit it to his dumb jock friends? Sounds like a winner!

LMAO :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:26 am

who's BS8? He's bringing me down.

I don't play the frichin' piano. I'm kinda pissed about it too... Thanks for bringing it up ass
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:33 am

10up wrote:who's BS8? He's bringing me down.

I think it's Jay.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:08 am

AO wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:there is some good critizism! he didnt offend any body and he actually knew what he was talking about. too bad we have a lot of douche bags in this state though

This is what I meant by Irony and Sarg's stupid phucking post. Probably should be respectfull and reply to your pm but telling me to phuck off and die is not sitting well. Let me know how you feel if someone ever tells you that, let alone by someone who is just merely an acquintance. That was ultimate form of disrespect and I could care less about any kind of "patching things up." So whether you meant what you said or not is really no longer relevant to me as I find it beyond unacceptable.
how is my post stupid? cuz i was getting sick of everyone bashing each other? i never said the course had to go in or should not go in. i said let the city decide it for themselves. i just got sick of people sayin that it wouldnt work no matter what without ever seeing it for them selves. and no dan i wasnt callin u a douche. i was just trying to get a rise outta ya with earlier posts. when did i ever come after u AO? I had nothing but respect for u until u posted this bullshit
SARG27044

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:40 am

Alright.

Perception is key here. This is all speculation so give me a break if I'm a bit off. I think AO's initial comment was a response to Tyler's post in which AO thought that basically the pot was calling the kettle black. That comment was made based off of Adam's "perception" of the opinions and comments made by those people up to that point, which is perfectly acceptable behavior. That's the only way to have a conversation, and we're all guilty of it (or bound by it) to a certain extent in every post. Adam's comment wouldn't even have been possible had Tyler not utilized the "douchebag" term in the first place. I'm not saying either was wrong, I thought it was all pretty funny. I am saying you shouldn't get offended by a post that only exists because of prior offense.

Jay's FOAD reply I didn't take to be any more personally direct than a random YFC or GTFODB. I honestly think he was just using common internet phraseology to express distaste, but not to intentionally make a direct personal attack on AO, any more than just the general "that was helpful, thanks Dunce". Which is about as deep as AO's initial comment, so I don't really understand the controversy there.

I do really love this thread, but I introduced controversy into it for a specific reason; to make a legitimate point and to Chuck with that ghost guy because he annoys me. So if the people with Brains here could get back on track that'd be great. You know who you are.
10up

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:52 am

Just delete the whole damn thing?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:59 am

if this thread is deleted I will... I'll... I'm not sure what I'll do, but it won't be productive for anybody.
10up

Postby irban » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Just delete the whole damn thing?

Don't you want to take notes first? Lot of free advice here. :)

10up would be bummed to see it go, because it documents the only time in history he was mistaken for a pro. :P
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:22 pm

no, there was one other time. In colorado when some helmets played with me. They thought I was a pro until I walked over a snake, screamed like a girl and started running until I tripped and fell in a hole, hurt my ankle and couldn't play anymore.

This one is ending better.
10up

Postby BS8 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Last time I checked this site is called IOWADG.COM (DG meaning Disc Golf) and Mr. AO is thee best player in our beloved corn state so you'd think he would commandeer a little more respect on a site called Iowa Disc Golf...??? But as with every sport I'm sure there is a little hateration goin on, but just like everything you can root against them and dislike them because they win all the time, but you gotta RESPECT them don't ya??!?!
Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules? Mark it zero!
BS8

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:05 pm

BS8 wrote:Last time I checked this site is called IOWADG.COM (DG meaning Disc Golf) and Mr. AO is thee best player in our beloved corn state so you'd think he would commandeer a little more respect on a site called Iowa Disc Golf...??? But as with every sport I'm sure there is a little hateration goin on, but just like everything you can root against them and dislike them because they win all the time, but you gotta RESPECT them don't ya??!?!

No actually you don't. You can still respect someone's skills without actually respecting the person. I've played with plenty of people, in a variety of sports, who were complete tools, but who had great game. Respect for a person is earned and it has nothing to do with how well they play a sport. Also, before anyone jumps to conclusions, I have nothing but respect for Adam as a person and as a player because he earned both in my dealings with him.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby 10up » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:06 pm

that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.
10up

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:07 pm

<yawns>
GDL17921

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:17 pm

10up wrote:that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

inconceivable
GDL17921

Postby rightcunnin » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

PreviousNext

Return to Ask the State Coordinator