Allow me to introduce myself...

Post questions and comments to Justin McLuen the Iowa State Coordinator

Moderator: Clue

Allow me to introduce myself...

Postby Cydisc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:15 pm

Hello Iowa players. I'm Steve Kenton, your PDGA State Coordinator.

A little about myself... A resident of Ames, I work in Des Moines and started playing at the now-defunct North Karen Acres Park in Urbandale, IA in 1996. Since then, I've tried to do as much within the sport as I can. In 1997, I began helping to install courses in the Ames and Des Moines area. In 1998, I introduced disc golf as a medal sport in the Iowa Games and have been its commissioner every year since. In 2001(?) I took over as State Coordinator when Rodney Gardner moved out of state. In 2004, I served as a course TD at ISU's Stable Run DGC for the Des Moines Worlds.

Each year, I take part in an annual disc golf pilgrimage to the only other place that can compete with Iowa for courses: Texas. I'm a protege of sorts of that great state's most famous disc golf icon and preeminent course designer, John Houck. I've been involved in the design of several courses in the state, most notably as the lead designer of ISU. I also designed the Boone 18-hole as well as several 9-holers across the state.

I'm a Landscape Architect by trade and married, with two kids. When not on the course, I have absolutely no life.
Cydisc

Return to Ask the State Coordinator