The Force

All Discraft product discussion

Postby KePP » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:49 pm

As a consumer whose not completely consumed with the disc market, it definitely appears that Discraft blatently copies Innova. Like Brad mentioned, Innova releases the Destroyer and their marketing is Star Wars themed. So Discraft releases the Force, the banner on their website reading "A short time from now, at a basket far, far away," also Star Wars themed.

The Force was their answer to the Destroyer.
The Surge was their answer to the Wraith.
The Pulse was their answer to the TeeRex.

...each within months of Innova's success.

Like you said, it may be b/c Innova has the money to test and release these discs, but whatever the reason is, they're the first ones puttin them in the mainstream. Who knows, that may be their demise since so many disc golfers are anti-establishment. Then once a Nike comes in, maybe people will be anti-that and go back to Innova.

Either way I gotta give credit where credit is due. Innova's got the best drivers, Discraft's got the best mids, and Gateway has the best putters.
KePP

Postby geoffreylaw » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:51 pm

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything."
~Friedrich Nietzsche
geoffreylaw

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:00 pm

I thought the Destroyer was a Conan themed disc...
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby GaW27166 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:05 pm

KePP wrote:Either way I gotta give credit where credit is due. Innova's got the best drivers, Discraft's got the best mids, and Gateway has the best putters.

For sure!
GaW27166

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:28 pm

MDR_3000 wrote:I thought the Destroyer was a Conan themed disc...

ROFLMAO! :lol:
GDL17921

Postby KePP » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Is that a reference to the dx stamp? I have no idea what that is... looks like more than meets the eye.

KePP

Postby Single L » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:44 pm

It looks like that f'ing annoying Fox NFL football Robot
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby MDR_3000 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:00 pm

KePP wrote:

Is that a reference to the dx stamp? I have no idea what that is... looks like more than meets the eye.

no, that's just what I thought of when I heard about the Destroyer.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby The Donator » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:18 pm

This thread is absolutely hilarious. Whoever said Discraft has the best mid is hilarious (Roc - weve all used them, we all know they are the best.) But what even defines as the best? What ever works the best for you? Whatever mid goes the straightest/farthest? It would have to be the Roc in any instance (flattop ring-o-roc ftw). And seriously are any of these new drivers any different from any previous ones? Whats the diff between a destroyer/wraith/beast/starfire/etc? THeyre all the Chuckin same, they all go straight for a bit and hyzer out with the same release (diff colors having different flight patterns is even more strange without it being marketed as that), none really go much farther than each other, and its all just hype from the company to sell each new disc. Speed 11? 12? There has been nothing new that has come out in the last 3-4 years that is anything different than anything produced before, and that is a fact. Wonderful marketing job by Dunipace imo...drunken but well thought out rant over.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:04 pm

to think they are on the forefront of everything is just believeing what they want you to

Very well said, Chase.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:10 pm

Pulse was an answer to the Teerex, really?! I have yet to throw a Rex, but have thrown the Pulse. It seems more like the wraith, but that's interesting to hear you say that. I forget the timing of them specifically, but wow.

The Rogue/Surge/Beast are all similar.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:10 pm

somehow posted that twice, crap...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby KePP » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 pm

ghstinshll wrote:Pulse was an answer to the Teerex, really?! I have yet to throw a Rex, but have thrown the Pulse. It seems more like the wraith, but that's interesting to hear you say that. I forget the timing of them specifically, but wow.

All the Discraft versions are made for more of a smooth throw than a ton of snap. That's discraft drivers. The D comes with less effort.

The Donator wrote:Whats the diff between a destroyer/wraith/beast/starfire/etc? THeyre all the Chuckin same, they all go straight for a bit and hyzer out with the same release

I feel bad for you if you don't notice the difference between a Destroyer and a Beast. But your overall argument makes a decent point. I suppose all the companies should take an evolutionary step backwards and downsize to like 2 drivers, a mid, and a putter, and put people like Chase out of business.
KePP

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:40 am

The Donator wrote: Whoever said Discraft has the best mid is hilarious (Roc - weve all used them, we all know they are the best.)

Smartest thing I think you've ever said. You just jumped up a couple notches on my cool chart. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby Single L » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 am

And then he went back down the chart with this......
The Donator wrote:And seriously are any of these new drivers any different from any previous ones? Whats the diff between a destroyer/wraith/beast/starfire/etc? THeyre all the Chuckin same.....
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

PreviousNext

Return to Discraft