Team Discraft

All Discraft product discussion

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:35 pm

I'll be very interested to see what Geoff switches to, for overstable drivers instead of the Flick. (i think that was his preferred driver)
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby MDR_3000 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:39 pm

ghstinshll wrote:I'll be very interested to see what Geoff switches to, for overstable drivers instead of the Flick. (i think that was his preferred driver)

It was the Talon. I don't think he was a big fan of the Flick.
If she can't swim....she's bound to drizzown.
MDR_3000

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:44 pm

Yep, ur right. Thanks Mike.

http://www.discraft.com/team_bennett.html
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:51 pm

ghstinshll wrote:I'll be very interested to see what Geoff switches to, for overstable drivers instead of the Flick. (i think that was his preferred driver)

It doesn't matter if it was a flick or talon or zephyr for that matter. With this mixed bag gig these dudes will still be throwing there favorites while plopping a few Gateway in the bag. It’s bazaar if you ask me.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:33 pm

porkchop wrote:

It’s bazaar if you ask me.

The sponsorship or the choice he has made?
AO

Postby Single L » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:42 pm

AO wrote:
porkchop wrote:

It’s bazaar if you ask me.

The sponsorship or the choice he has made?

The sponsorship .......... The choice he made is fine, why wouldn't you go to someone who allows you to throw the best from all manufactures (Innova drivers, Discraft Mids, Gateway Putters). Sounds like my bag wonder if I can make the cut, if Joe T can anyone can :lol:

As far as the sponsorship why would you allow players to have a mixed bag? Sure he is going to get a stacked team because the players will throw the best on the market from all the manufacturers, but its smoke and mirrors. This will show that Gateways plastic is not up to par and the only way to get top notch players is to stand behind others products. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:49 pm

If I had someone offer me a sponsorship in which they paid all my entry fees and told me I could throw whatever, I would probably be tempted to leave too. That is just to good of an offer. He would save a shit load of money in fees and I think he would have an advantage throwing whatever. I think he can also get bonus money also. Now the only thing is whether or not Dave will actually follow through. I know thats why Bunnel, Hall, and GG are gone.
AO

Postby Disc Golf Live » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Yikes, AO, that bit about the follow through could be an issue. I hope Geoff gets a square deal, but I've heard things along those lines from other corners that give me worries as well.

And Uli heading elsewhere, as well? He's got some game. Any idea if he'll be a free agent or what?

I suppose times are tough even in the disc golf industry these days.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live

Postby AO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:12 pm

Disc Golf Live wrote:Yikes, AO, that bit about the follow through could be an issue.

It may not be an issue but I know it has been in the past. Maybe Dave will follow through. But if Dave is offering to pay entires and bonus money, he is going to have to pay over $10,000.
AO

Postby AO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:14 pm

Disc Golf Live wrote:
And Uli heading elsewhere, as well? He's got some game. Any idea if he'll be a free agent or what?

I don't know. but Paul is a good kid and he'll be fine. I'm sure one of the companies will pick him up.
AO

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:19 pm

AO wrote:I know thats why Bunnel, Hall, and GG are gone.

Bunnel is still working at the factory, but isn't playing all that much golf anymore.
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:21 pm

porkchop wrote:Sounds like my bag wonder if I can make the cut, if Joe T can anyone can :lol:

You wish you could throw like me...I know I'm not that great...but at least you would cash then :lol:
SpikeHyzer

Postby AO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:38 pm

SpikeHyzer wrote:

Bunnel is still working at the factory, but isn't playing all that much golf anymore.

Last time I saw him he said he had quit. I've also heard rumors of going to Discraft.
AO

Postby SpikeHyzer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:51 pm

AO wrote:
SpikeHyzer wrote:

Last time I saw him he said he had quit. I've also heard rumors of going to Discraft.

I guess that could be. I asked Dave in an email probably two days ago about Kid and he said he was still working in the factory...but who knows.
SpikeHyzer

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:39 pm

porkchop wrote:It’s bazaar if you ask me.

As in, a craft show? :-P
##39027
ghstinshll

PreviousNext

Return to Discraft