Z - Glide

All Discraft product discussion

Z - Glide

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Hey guys... Not sure whether this post belongs on such a serious forum or not, but here goes:

When ordering custom-stamped discs for the Norwalk inauguration, I ordered 25 of them as Glides in Z plastic. I picked up a stack of these today to give out to some donors who didn't make it to our party (*cough, SHANE!*), but took the stack to Walker Johnson park to throw them inthe soccer field...

They're rated as a (- .5)

When throwing a flat drive, had a smooth high speed fade to the right, and upon slowing, turned slightly left.

Threw a couple in a stall drive (nose up, straight), and seemed to go straight, and sit softly.

Threw a couple turnovers, and learned that I can throw rollers. (didn't roll very far though)

Don't buy one for a roller, but I wanted to say that overall they had a nce feel, the rim seemed comfortable in my hand, similar to a skeeter, but they were a little loose compared to the skeeter. After watching the reviews on the DX Kite, it seems pretty similar in profile, flight (per the Kite video)

I ordered these as "beginner discs", and believe they're a good first driver option for a newbie, as a single-disc kind of player.

Worthless info? Maybe... Oh well. :D
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:22 pm

I use to throw them for my understable mid, but I soon realized it is a tweener disc. It's to fast/long to be a good turn over mid and is to slow/short to be a driver. So I don't use them any more, but that's not to say it isn't a good beginner disc. I would probably recommend a ...........(pause, as I swallow pride) an Innova Coyote for a disc that is similar and much better.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:45 pm

Why swallow your pride? Oh wait, you're s Discraft fan, right?

Either way, yes, the coyote would be another good beginner disc.

Currently, my Coyote is my dog's disc though. LMAO!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby geoffreylaw » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Avenger SS would be a good starter disc bcz it's a .5
geoffreylaw

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:45 pm

if ur talkig about distance drivers, then the Express is THE way to go... LOL

Valk, Express, Avenger would be a good driver once they get some speed & strength down first.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:48 pm

I would vote against the Avenger SS as a beginner disc. A negative or near zero Discraft flight does not mean it's great for beginners.

The Avenger SS is working its way towards becoming my #1 driver, over pro wraith. The reason it is taking awhile to reach that spot is the fact that it is a hard disc to learn, control, and a fast disc, thus making it a more advanced player disc.

I would say the XL is a better beginner disc, along with the sidewinder or leopard.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:58 pm

I would say the XL is a better beginner disc, along with the sidewinder or leopard.

The sidewinder is questionable as being too fast, but it does earn it's way onto the list for sure. The XL & Leopard are boh good discs, agreed. Anyway, the GLIDE is slow enough to allow for beginners - that's another characteristic that helps it.
##39027
ghstinshll

Return to Discraft