discraft advice

All Discraft product discussion

discraft advice

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:29 pm

so the store i work for is finally going to carry some discraft discs to go with our innova discs. i was wondering what would be the best 8-10 discs that you guys would recomend testing the market with. no need to suggest the buzzz it's already on my list.
The real excitement is playing the game.
Birdman

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:16 pm

Buzzz (ESP, Z, FLX)
Surge (ESP, FLX)
Avenger (ESP)
Predator (ESP, FLX)
XL (ESP)
Challanger (X - Hard and Soft)
Magnet (X - Hard and Soft)

- get the good plastic, it will cost more but you wil sell it.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby KePP » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:18 pm

This should be easy.

Once you choose from the 35 models you'll only have to choose between Pro-D, Elite X, Elite Z, ESP, FLX, Photon Glow, or Fly Dyed.

Avenger SS
Pulse
Surge
Spectra
Avenger
Flash
Wildcat
Crush
Slipstream-GT
Flick
Tracker
Reaper
Talon
Predator
XS
Venom
XL
Cyclone
Xpress
Buzzz
Buzzz-GT
Comet
Hawk
Wasp
Breeze
Drone
Soft Banger GT
Soft Magnet
Magnet
Banger-GT
Putt'r
Challenger
Soft Challenger
Soft APX
Rattler
KePP

Postby GDL17921 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:30 pm

lol, you said rattler. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Birdman, I tend to sell a lot of Buzz & Cyclone's to newbies, XLs as a first driver, then Crush & Surge for drivers... LOVE the Banger GT's for a putter, so i highly recommend them... Get the Buzz in as much plastic as you can get, mix it up. Cyclones get in X for the newbies, XL's have great feel in X plastic, and the crush & Surge I'd get in Z & ESP if they make them in ESP. Otherwise, the Pulse is a pretty good one, the flash is decent, Avenger is a nice disc, and predator too. The avenger & predator are more stable than the rest (Pulse too), so you might not want to carry a TON of them until you know they sell and/or your clientelle can handle them...

This should make for a decent order, then watch your sales very closely for the first year & chart out what sells monthly so you know what's working, and biuld a pattern from there...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:38 pm

I know he works at a Scheels and all, and knows sales trends, but he's in WDSM selling to Southwoods Chuckers. Birdman you are in Ames and have some more advanced College players/Dudes with credit cards. Order the plastic I recommended, it's the best/most appropriate for the disc mentioned. You could order some Banger-GT and Clones (X-plastic), but do not order Crushes, they are crap, just tell them to buy a surge instead.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:40 pm

GDL17921 wrote:lol, you said rattler. :lol:

Didn't someone throw a Rattler in Belle Plaine?
Single L

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:01 pm

ok...

I don't sell because they're Southwoods chumps, BUT can say that I didn't kow he was in Ames, so of course I could be off a bit. It was ust an opinion.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:10 pm

yeah ive got a rough idea for whats good, i know discraft will sell but they want me to prove it first so i figured i would gather some info on what people would think is the best choices to start with. here is my generalized list w/ no plastic specifics:
buzzz
surge
predator
XL
flash
challenger
banger-gt

i probably need another midrange and also a good tomahawk disc too but idk what would be a good for that i like the wasp but i should have something like the mrv.
Birdman

Postby ghstinshll » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:14 pm

how'd the flash get on that list? J/k, I've never thrown it, but thought it was like hte crush, but less stable...?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Single L » Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:30 pm

No worries, I was doing the same, giving an opinion. Just thought he might want to adjust to his clientele.

If you are trying to prove it will sell just order a bunch of Buzzz’s, Surges, and XL’s in ESP (this thing is Discraft’s Leopard, great for all skills). No Need to order the rest until you prove that Discraft will sell. I know it sounds juvenile, but get as much ESP, FLX, and Crystal as possible, the kids go crazy for that bright plastic.
Single L

Postby geoffreylaw » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:09 pm

hey, Avenger SS is another great disc for beginners.
geoffreylaw

Postby KePP » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:48 pm

Magnet (soft) is a great starting putter. Isn't the Xpress Discraft's leopard?
KePP

Postby Birdman » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:54 pm

ghstinshll wrote:how'd the flash get on that list? J/k, I've never thrown it, but thought it was like hte crush, but less stable...?

ive thrown it a couple times and i kinda thought it flew similar to the beast
Birdman

Postby SoCal19 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:32 pm

porkchop wrote:Buzzz (ESP, Z, FLX)
Surge (ESP, FLX)
Avenger (ESP)
Predator (ESP, FLX)
XL (ESP)
Challanger (X - Hard and Soft)
Magnet (X - Hard and Soft)

- get the good plastic, it will cost more but you wil sell it.

I agree with all of these except I would order the Challenger and the Magnet in Pro D plastic, and order the Avenger in Z plastic as well as ESP. I also prefer the Z predator to the ESP, but that's just my opinion. Most people will buy the ESP over the Z just because they think it's better.
SoCal19

Next

Return to Discraft