Looking for a disc

All Discraft product discussion

Postby Peil » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:19 am

travis.bundy wrote:I think they recently got some Discraft elites in that are $25.

What?!
Peil

Postby travis.bundy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:21 am

Yup, $25 for a Discraft Elite Z Spectra Phaze 2. What do they usually run?
travis.bundy

Postby Peil » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:53 am

It's a little different because the Spectra is printed with the SuperColor process but you can find them at most online stores for under $20.
Peil

Postby Single L » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:57 pm

travis.bundy wrote:.... I think they recently got some Discraft elites in that are $25. I bought one and I think it is crap. From my experience, Innova is the way to go.

A. VERY few people throw the spectra, it is not a great disc; if I said Innova sucked solely based on the dragon I would be a fool

B. Scheels prices are not good gauges of a discs worth (i.e. putting a corvette price on a S-10; of course its crap for the price)

C. You obviously have not thrown much discraft

D. You have no clue what good plastic is

Go throw some ESP plastic, FLX plastic, Buzzz, Surges, Challengers, predators, ..........(I could go on for a while) Then tell me Discraft is crap.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby travis.bundy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:08 pm

Do you think that Discraft has better quality plastic than Innova?
travis.bundy

Postby Joe Cool » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:14 pm

Personally I think Innova Star plastic is the best plastic ever made. The only thing I don't know is how it lasts after a few years.
Everybody's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another beer.
Joe Cool

Postby Peil » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:20 pm

I think Innova and Discraft are pretty much the same in terms of plastics, consistency, and molds. They both seem to copy what is working for the other making both companies very similar. When's Innova's FLX plastic coming out? :)
Peil

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm

When's Innova's FLX plastic coming out?

that's funny...

I'm not so sure if they copy each others' molds (probably do), but I can say that I feel as comfortable throwing Discraft as I do Innova. Innova still holds it's place in my bag as the main brand though.
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby irban » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:28 pm

Joe Cool wrote:Personally I think Innova Star plastic is the best plastic ever made. The only thing I don't know is how it lasts after a few years.

Nice that we can measure in years now, rather than days (or hours?!) like it used to be.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Single L » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:36 am

travis.bundy wrote:Do you think that Discraft has better quality plastic than Innova?

I would say that they both do certain things really well. Innova has the best mid level plastic (Pro), Discraft has FLX plastic, they both make a great champion level plastic (Innova-Champion and Discraft-Z), and they both make a great blend plastic (Discraft-ESP and Innova-Star). I personally like the ESP better than the Star. The Star tends to make every mold beefier, while I see little difference between the ESP and Z molds for Discraft. I also like the grip and consistency in the ESP plastic over the Star. The star does have a place in my bag though; Discraft cannot match the Star Wraith or the Wraith in general.

I say form you own opinion of what is good, but try a lot different plastic and educate yourself before you decide a brand or disc is crap.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby KePP » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:50 am

irban wrote:Nice that we can measure in years now, rather than days (or hours?!) like it used to be.

Candy plastic was as sweet as advertised.
KePP

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:31 am

The Star tends to make every mold beefier, while I see little difference between the ESP and Z molds for Discraft

very true...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:45 pm

ghstinshll wrote:
The Star tends to make every mold beefier, while I see little difference between the ESP and Z molds for Discraft

very true...

Except for the Star Beast... I don't understand it. My Star Leopard is beefier than my Star Beast. Hell, my Star Sidewinder & Star Roadrunner are beefier than my Beast...

It's disappointing buying a disc thinking it's going to do one thing only to find out it does something totally different. And then there's the difference the color makes... Sheesh!
Steady 26542

Postby ghstinshll » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:40 pm

Whiner, quit whning... LOL J/k. Had to say it though. The Star Beast is WAY loose compared to the champion... But it comes in handy on #17 @ WR!
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby cubspunc » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:53 am

projectpuffindiscman wrote:
geoffreylaw wrote:i dunno. i like the dude at the bait shop. but then again, he's never tried to rip me off. but his prices are better than the play-it-again in C.R.

you are smokin sumthin. that dude is a nice guy but he jacks the prices. nobody is more expensive.

You're funny dude. You act like he's set in his prices. You got barter with him. I come in with a $20 last time I was there and came out with a star wraith and a magnet. It can be the cheapest place in the area if you use it to your advantage, try it sometime. Go pawnshopping, work on your skillz yo.
cubspunc

Previous

Return to Discraft