2008 SAT(Saturday After Thanksgiving)

Des Moines area leagues

Moderator: Single L

Which would you prefer to play for the SAT this year?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:49 pm

Colfax/Newton
29%
Graceland/J&B
29%
Boone/Carroll Marty
24%
Boone/Stable Run
6%
Carroll Marty/Stable Run
12%

Total votes : 17

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Buzzznation wrote:
GDL4000 wrote:what's an arid drive? This word, it does not mean what I think you think it means. :lol:

OK. How about flat out horrible drive. That's what I meant.

I would concur with this description. In other news, that fry guy character was an absolute freak! You can out him on my team any day.
discgolfduval

Postby rightcunnin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:56 pm

10up wrote:In other news, playing in snow, sleet, and slush, below freezing is now apparently considered "preparation" for winter golf, rather than just "winter golf".

This may be the funniest thing you've ever written Dan.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:00 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
10up wrote:In other news, playing in snow, sleet, and slush, below freezing is now apparently considered "preparation" for winter golf, rather than just "winter golf".

This may be the funniest thing you've ever written Dan.

Yeah, funny that I'll never speak to him again.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:18 pm

how is it the city of boone has not gotten their asses sued by someone on the dg course yet. i love the course, except for half the holes :lol: but this place needs some bridges. and the bridges it does have, well... lets just say that a rickety old wooden platform that is missing half of the handrail doesnt really count. the best bridge out there is a tree that fell down that someone nailed a couple boards to. and mossy rocks that are half submerged dont count either! anyone know if they plan on fixing it up or even finishing it or is it just gonna be left as is?
SARG27044

Postby Clue » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:40 pm

It would be nice if all these parks had unlimited funds and manpower to do everything that needs done, but the reality is that it's up to us. So instead of griping about if/when somebody else is going to do something, why don't you call up Steve Kenton and ask him what authority we have to do these things ourselves and tell us what you can do to help. Otherwise shut the phuck up and don't play the course.
Clue

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:01 pm

i realize this ass! thats why i asked if it was in the plans to do some work there in the near future cuz i dont want this course to get pulled because someone fell off the bridge cracked his head and drowned in the river :wink:
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Thats probably the best tree bridge in the state by the way.
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:14 pm

discgolfduval wrote:Thats probably the best tree bridge in the state by the way.
was getting a little slick by the time we made it down there and i know u guys were like an hour behind us. not everybody has great balance though and i can see someone falling off it. i was in no means saying the course sux, i would love to see it completed and become a premier course. let me know when your pouring concrete for the back pads ill be there lugging bags back
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm

That bridge actually prompted this question in our group..."Would you cross that tree bridge for a million dollars if there was a 1000 ft drop underneath of it?" Just about everyone said yes so the tree must be fine there Tyler. :D
discgolfduval

Postby Buzzznation » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:20 pm

SARG27044 wrote:
discgolfduval wrote:Thats probably the best tree bridge in the state by the way.
was getting a little slick by the time we made it down there and i know u guys were like an hour behind us. not everybody has great balance though and i can see someone falling off it. i was in no means saying the course sux, i would love to see it completed and become a premier course. let me know when your pouring concrete for the back pads ill be there lugging bags back

Your just a pussy Tyler. Be thankful there's a bridge there. First time we played it last fall, I remember you either had to walk through the water (preferred path) or you had to backtrack like 4 holes to get to the teepad. Next time I'll bring an extra coat, so when we come to a crossing, I'll lay my coat down for you to walk on. It will be a red coat too. And when, or should I say if you get across, I'll give you a cookie.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:31 pm

lol, my thoughts exactly. Doesn't someone have a latte they need or something. :lol: Really though, I'd say the bridges they have are fine. The only problems I have with the course are a few of the holes that seem to not really have a fareway, holes 2, 15 and 16 come to mind right away. I literally close my eyes and just roll it as hard as I can without any sort of route, just hope to get lucky. :roll:
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:32 pm

so what u guys are sayin is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the course? i love that there are actually places to cross the creek now, first time i was there, there was no back trackin and we built half-ass bridges to get across, only took us 5 hours to complete a round too!
SARG27044

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:42 pm

GDL4000 wrote:what's an arid drive? This word, it does not mean what I think you think it means. :lol:

##39027
ghstinshll

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:21 am

discgolfduval wrote: holes 2, 15 and 16 come to mind right away. I literally close my eyes and just roll it as hard as I can without any sort of route, just hope to get lucky. :roll:

What makes this different than any other holes at any other course? :lol:
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby irban » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:17 am

discgolfduval wrote:That bridge actually prompted this question in our group..."Would you cross that tree bridge for a million dollars if there was a 1000 ft drop underneath of it?" Just about everyone said yes so the tree must be fine there Tyler. :D

Message board bravery?
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines