DSM Bushwhacker Disc Golf League

Des Moines area leagues

Moderator: Single L

Re: DSM Bushwhacker Disc Golf League

Postby yevenstee » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:58 am

Wouldn't miss it. Miss hanging out with the IA crew this year. Work and studies have kept me busy at home this season. I'm telling you guys, for those who haven't been to Highbridge, this will be a every/every other year destination for you guys. Some of the most beautiful/challenging/fun dg you've ever played. There's something for everyone at this place. Technical holes, bomber holes (there's a hole that's 1500-1600' long), elevation, you name it.

The guy that runs the place, John Jokenen, is something else too. HELL of a nice guy (accent right out of the movie Fargo). He's been mowing/running the place for years now and has never thrown a hole lol. He sure enjoys seeing everyone enjoying his place though.

Originally it was supposed to be a ball golf course and then who ever owned it that was heading the project up passed away. The property got handed down to John. A local dg'er from the TC (Brian Walli) told his uncle," Hey, you should make this place a dg mecca." So he did. Some of the tee pads that you throw from are actually elevated ball golf tee's.
yevenstee

Postby crazykrug » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:57 am

Here are the dates of tournaments in Iowa, I am thinking maybe the weekend of 14/15th of September for our trip if WI or MN is the vote?

Sept 1 - Coca-Cola Classic - Sunnyside Park, Atlantic, IA (F Saddle)
Sept 6 - 4th Hiawatha Glow - Hiawatha, IA (Vicious Circle)
Sept 7 - Wildcat/Hamilton - Keokuk, IA (Iron Lion)
Sept 8 - BHMDGC Open - Exchange, Waterloo, IA
Sat 9/14 - Northwood Open - Northwood, IA
Sept 14-15 - Inaugural Iowa City Classic - Iowa City/Coralville (Vicious Circle)
Sept 21 - Maytag Park - Newton, IA (Proflight)
Sept 22 - Eagle Point - Clinton, IA (Iron Lion)
Sat 9/28 - Tour Finals Qualifier - Belmond, IA
Sept 28 - 69 Dubs - Pickard/Ewing?!?, Des Moines,IA (Proflight)
Sept 29 - GVCCC - Grandview Park, Des Moines, IA (Proflight)
Member of 2010, 2012, 2013 Bushwhacker State Champions
crazykrug

Postby bdhukr » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Anybody find a disc on hole 5 off to the right in the grass on Thursday night?
bdhukr

Postby claring » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:19 pm

I see once again we may have to compete with balloons at Pickard next week
claring

Postby Single L » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:49 am

claring wrote:I see once again we may have to compete with balloons at Pickard next week

I think you see incorrectly and need a stronger prescription. The festival is from July 26th - Aug 3 ...... we play Pickard on Aug 8th ..... I tried to schedule this so it didn't happen again (as cool as it was, it was a cluster F***)
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby PsPunch » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm going to bring my laptap tomorrow. Can someone help me add some handicap formulas to my DSM league spreadsheet?

I can offer beer and party favors. and snu snu
Nate Mickelson

I don't care, let's go throw
PsPunch

Postby The Donator » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Single L wrote:
claring wrote:I see once again we may have to compete with balloons at Pickard next week

I tried to schedule this so it didn't happen again (as cool as it was, it was a cluster F***)

So sad. Was by far the best week of DSM BW to date. I dont recall any cluster, it was a special night.

Anyways Colfax is changed up for the first time since I have ever played there. 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 17 were changed (all to "shorts") and they/Chadwick were looking for the other placements for the other holes while we were out there (as well as mowing). Should be an interesting night!
Last edited by The Donator on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:50 pm

Took off before everyone got done at pickard last night. It appears the belt is mikal's even tho he was too scared to play me in bws two weeks ago, and should be banned for life. :lol:
SARG27044

Postby irban » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:50 am

PsPunch wrote:I'm going to bring my laptap tomorrow. Can someone help me add some handicap formulas to my DSM league spreadsheet?

I can offer beer and party favors. and snu snu

I thought there were already handi's in there. Is it the same one I did for Joe? Maybe I'm getting mixed up with the throwdown.

I can help if you want.
~~~- ¥
irban

Location: A State of Minds. (the idiot who thought this was clever is back, did you notice?)

Postby Marcovis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:12 am

[/quote]Anyways Colfax is changed up for the first time since I have ever played there. 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 17 were changed (all to "shorts") and they/Chadwick were looking for the other placements for the other holes while we were out there (as well as mowing). Should be an interesting night![/quote]

I remember hole 2 being short on the down slope of the hill a few years ago, but that's about the only other pin location I have ever played there. This will be a lot of fun.
Marcovis

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:15 am

How can hole 4 get any shorter?
SARG27044

Postby discgolfduval » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:18 am

SARG27044 wrote:How can hole 4 get any shorter?

Thats not possible. Its already the easiest hole in the state.
discgolfduval

Postby The Donator » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:25 am

discgolfduval wrote:
SARG27044 wrote:How can hole 4 get any shorter?

Thats not possible. Its already the easiest hole in the state.

Might have missed the quotations around the word "shorts" in my original post, but #4 is off to the right where that path is, maybe 10-20 ft shorter.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:29 am

Yeah I've seen it before, just being a dick. At least it's farther away from the P.I. forest
SARG27044

Postby GDL17921 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:32 am

The Donator wrote:
Single L wrote:

I tried to schedule this so it didn't happen again (as cool as it was, it was a cluster F***)

So sad. Was by far the best week of DSM BW to date. I dont recall any cluster, it was a special night.

Anyways Colfax is changed up for the first time since I have ever played there. 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, and 17 were changed (all to "shorts") and they/Chadwick were looking for the other placements for the other holes while we were out there (as well as mowing). Should be an interesting night!

I know where some of the placements are. Hole 1 - no clue. 2 is on the side of the hill, left side of fairway, 4 isn't really too much shorter, just more right (definately don't go long), 5 is right where all good drives land, 9 no clue, 17 no clue.....it will be fun to play a different layout out there for sure.
GDL17921

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines