course info

Postby Golfguy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Twan E Z wrote:I'm driving up from Cedar Rapids tommorow morning to play this course for the first time, is it worth the drive?

YES!
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Detra319 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:48 pm

I used to play this course alot several years ago when I lived in Cedar Falls, and I went and played on Tuesday (Sept8th) and this course was in the best shape that I have ever seen, minus the missing signs. There are poles driven on every hole, so I assume signs are coming soon.

This course is alot of fun, to say the least. I found myself saying thank you to myself several times throughout the course, as I had a ton of fun. There are many signature holes, the course is in fantastic shape, and its very very beautiful. You play along the river on several of the holes, and the course requires many different shots in order to throw a good round. All in all a fairly easy course, if you can throw for distance, as there are hyzer lines on many holes. The rockpile hole is awesome, and the tiny basket they used on that hole just adds to the fun. The elephant is still there after the flood, which rocks... The second throw over the water is mostly gone, with it playing more inland in order to allow the course to play slightly more smoothly. The hole across the river has been changed into a very long throw into the corner, with water behind it and close by on both sides. The hole after that, which I always hated because the gap was ridiculous, has been removed, which leads to a long walk to the next pin, but saves many discs I bet.

Anyways...I would recommend this course to anyone. Its gorgeous, fun to play, and an absolute monster if you're in the mood to practice your long game.
Detra319

Postby Twan E Z » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:40 pm

I lost a disc to the pond and a disc to the river and still had a blast, this course is awesome.
Anthony Moody
Twan E Z

Postby Golfguy » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Twan E Z wrote:I lost a disc to the pond and a disc to the river and still had a blast, this course is awesome.

I think my worst day was one in the pond and two in the river on the same round... :D
Proud Iron Lion Team Member
www.IronLionDGS.com
Golfguy

Postby Detra319 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Hah! I have played when the water is high with a group of 6 of us, and we lost a total of 15 discs, 7 of them from one player. It was still fun, but we used to call the course the disc eater :P
Detra319

Postby Twan E Z » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOl_nEvFzTc

I made a video of my trip to Exchange haha
Anthony Moody
Twan E Z

Postby KePP » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:44 am

Thx for the vid. Haven't played Exchange for at least 5 years. You must be a wrestler.
KePP

Postby Twan E Z » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:17 am

No doubt, yeah I'm a wrestler, not competing anymore though.
Anthony Moody
Twan E Z

Previous

Return to Waterloo - Waterloo Exchange Park