sleepy hollow

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Re: sleepy hollow

Postby Clue » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 am

PsPunch wrote:First I'm hearing of it. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it, I get out early most days.

Hope I didn't misunderstand Ernie. He was the one who put the meeting together and said he wanted you, me and Dave there. I'll text Dave tomorrow if he doesn't see this.
Clue

Postby Beerman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:22 am

Ern hasn't told me a time or date yet. The only time that works for me this week is noon, so if its 4 Thursday I won't be there
Beerman

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:58 am

what's the objective of us sending our course director there anyway? I'm definately against us doing the work for him, unless he's going to be a little more receptive to us using the course for leagues and an event or two. And you guys need to talk him down off this season pass only shit. He doesn't do that for any of the other activities - so why disc golf? Any out of towner that wants to check it out isn't going to pay $20 to do so, so all he's done is limit the exposure.
GDL17921

Postby Beerman » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:56 am

GDL17921 wrote:what's the objective of us sending our course director there anyway? I'm definately against us doing the work for him, unless he's going to be a little more receptive to us using the course for leagues and an event or two. And you guys need to talk him down off this season pass only shit. He doesn't do that for any of the other activities - so why disc golf? Any out of towner that wants to check it out isn't going to pay $20 to do so, so all he's done is limit the exposure.

I asure you that I do not plan on doing any work to their course, I can't get enough volunteers to take care of the courses we already have. I am going for other reasons.
Beerman

Postby GDL17921 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:01 am

Beerman wrote:
GDL17921 wrote:what's the objective of us sending our course director there anyway? I'm definately against us doing the work for him, unless he's going to be a little more receptive to us using the course for leagues and an event or two. And you guys need to talk him down off this season pass only shit. He doesn't do that for any of the other activities - so why disc golf? Any out of towner that wants to check it out isn't going to pay $20 to do so, so all he's done is limit the exposure.

I asure you that I do not plan on doing any work to their course, I can't get enough volunteers to take care of the courses we already have. I am going for other reasons.

cool
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Thu May 02, 2013 1:25 am

So, it didn't happen. I don't know what Ernie was thinking, but I'll leave it to him and/or whoever he recruits to report on this. Ernie's interest is simply to redesign the course. He wanted some club people there to talk about what events could happen there. I was told there was a meeting today, but when I showed up nobody was there.
Clue

Postby bman12449 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 am

That guy out there is so full of hot air im suprised he doesnt sell ballon rides.
Im done playing there imo bs prices, open not open crap. Not to mention the worst tee pads in dsm. If i were the club id stay away from that place he just using you to make a quick buck. Promise the world deliver nothing.
I have inside jokes with strangers.
Most interesting man in the world.
bman12449

Postby GDL17921 » Thu May 02, 2013 8:01 am

Clue wrote:So, it didn't happen. I don't know what Ernie was thinking, but I'll leave it to him and/or whoever he recruits to report on this. Ernie's interest is simply to redesign the course. He wanted some club people there to talk about what events could happen there. I was told there was a meeting today, but when I showed up nobody was there.

that's why we don't rely on Ernie for anything.
GDL17921

Postby Clue » Tue May 07, 2013 1:04 am

bman12449 wrote:That guy out there is so full of hot air im suprised he doesnt sell ballon rides.
Im done playing there imo bs prices, open not open crap. Not to mention the worst tee pads in dsm. If i were the club id stay away from that place he just using you to make a quick buck. Promise the world deliver nothing.

It's pretty much the equivalent of everything else that's out there like go-karts and mini-golf, it's serviceable but no effort into actually being any good. For argument's sake though he's actually done more than I expected. He told me he only intended on starting with 9 and he opened with 18. I also didn't expect him to put tee pads in and he did. Allegedly the reason they were so short is they rolled over to GV and measured one....well it was the short pad on 14. The word is he wants to throw money into it and he's pretty happy with how it's going so who knows. I don't play enough to need another course. If something is too crowded I'll go to Colfax or Pickard.
Clue

Postby Single L » Wed May 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Clue wrote:I don't play enough to need another course. If something is too crowded I'll go to Colfax or Pickard.

I agree with this ......... but ...... the DSM area is sorely missing a C2, Wildcat, Kaposia, or Shaver style heavily wooded course.
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby Discgo » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 am

Single L wrote:
Clue wrote:I don't play enough to need another course. If something is too crowded I'll go to Colfax or Pickard.

I agree with this ......... but ...... the DSM area is sorely missing a C2, Wildcat, Kaposia, or Shaver style heavily wooded course.

i agree with that
Chain-outs since last ace - 1
Discgo

Postby Discgo » Thu May 09, 2013 9:33 am

Is Doanes Park officially not going to happen? It would really be a bad deal if sleepy hollow got it cancelled.
Discgo

Postby blkwizardsonny » Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm

who cares let it go
TEAM PROFLIGHT SONNY
blkwizardsonny

Postby Discgo » Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

still interested in knowing
Discgo