HELP Needed for NORWALK course

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby mattmelcher » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:05 pm

irban wrote:I get the feeling that Norwalk will end up as the most tricked out course in the state. You guys will probably have benchs and disc washers on every hole, beer carts, a club house and secret decoder rings by the end of the summer.

Now that's funny! We do have benches, just not on every hole. The creek is turning out to be a great disc washer. Unfortunately we don't have a beer cart, unless you count my riding mower (Too bad it's not running right now). We asked for a clubhouse and decoder rings...the city wouldn't approve them. They said the shelter house was good enough and they thought a local girl scout troop had some left over mood rings from one of their slumber parties. Things are tough all over...
Makes it's own sauce when you add water...
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:09 pm

Damn right, Irban!!! Bring on the Hooter's girls! LOL

i never fell in the creek... you came closer than i did and i believe you have played out of the creek more than me.

Jason - must suck gettin' outdriven by your father-in-law... (-;
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:19 pm

UPDATE;

Went in at 9 this morning and dug 2 more pads, formed them and bedded them. Now we have to wait for some spair mud. was done at 12:30. Next started on 2 poster boards, one for the map and one for info. finished up at 8:00. So there is a map on display now but it is small, we will get a large one as soon as our city map guy gets it done.

Benchers were ordered last week and we are expecting them this week, we will try to put them together and install them within a week.

Signs should be up within 2 weeks unless something seriously wrong happens.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby GDL17921 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:53 am

You guys are friggin' out of control. Nice work. :lol:
GDL17921

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 am

Gary, what do you/Nancy think about putting a temporaty platform across the creek on 4?
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:17 am

Yea, I've thought the same thing. But, if it is just a temp, something very easy and crude, are we (as the city) putting urselfs into a libality problem because of no hand rail or if it would slip off the creek edge. I dont know if we should go there or not :?:

Have you heard anything about the grant yet?

I'm off today but I'm going to try to make it up to see Nancy anyway, I'll talk to her about it and see what she says.
'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:29 am

I think until we get a real bridge in we should just post a note telling people to walk around the top of the creek. Those that want to jump will, those that are not sure will know the shortest route...and get a little exercise.

I am all for getting a bridge in as soon as possible, because all the jumping is causing pains in my bones...or maybe I'm weak from this desk job...

BTW - I had to go work at the office today so I probably wont be out until this evening, if at all...we'll see.
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:36 am

Hmm, I agree Gary. I figured as much... :roll: That's the world we live in though. LOL Anyway, I haven't herd anything back from KCCI, but it's been almost 3 weeks since the deadline - I ought to look to see if there's a date when we'll hear a response...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 am

Chuck, guess what...

http://www.kcci.com/station/12418073/detail.html

so glad they let the "other parties" know.... :oops:
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:39 am

Dude, that is hilarious!! I didn't type the word "CHUCK" in there... but looks like it was substituted instead of my word... LOL
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby mattmelcher » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:50 am

I guess 'the management reserves the right to make substitutes'...I saw that sign in a diner once...

Hmmm....looks like I'll be jumping the creek a lot this summer...I should be in pretty good shape this fall...maybe we could put in a rope and I could play Tarzan...(insert 'Tarzan' yell here)
mattmelcher

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:05 am

It'll get done, one way or another... The signs for the public to knwo where to go - is the biggest concern @ the moment, tbu the bridge comes in close there, and one way or another we'll get it done, even if that means donating materials.

I believe gary mentioned that the city may take care of the bridge...
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby ghstinshll » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 am

Oh, by the way: a BIG THANKS goes to whoever was patient enough & had enough balls to clean out the "east-windflower storm drain"... I thought about it, but it looked pretty damn full - needed another time to tackle that, and saw it was cleaned on Friday night..
##39027
ghstinshll

Postby puppetmaster » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks, I'm not all done yet though, got called away fri afternoon so I'll finish it I hope this week
puppetmaster

Postby mattmelcher » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:29 am

Here's a sample of the signs. This one is for hole 12. I think they did a great job. I know it will be a while before they go up due to the rain. The creek never left it's banks, but there is a lot of standing water all over the park. It should clear up pretty quickly except for a few areas. Watch out around the basket on hole 11...

I always thought you guys were kidding about the sidewalk being out of bounds.
Last edited by mattmelcher on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattmelcher

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club