DM Teams '09

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

How do you think spots should be picked?

Hand Picked
30%
Voted in by players
14%
Earned (by some way tbd)
57%

Total votes : 37

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:00 pm

whos to say he does win at the 2 spot. hes good but if has an off day then u give points from our top two spots. and dan wtf i dont need any critzism of my game from u. no i havent figuered it all out but enough to know that i can kick ur ass at any course any day and how long have u been playin, cuz ive got more figured out about this game in a shorter period of time. i agree with u that last year we should have put clue at the two spot grant but we wont know the seeds til its time to tee off this year like last
SARG27044

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Sorry Dan but top 5 or 6 doesn't make a TEAM it makes part of a team so you and the masses are at best 60% correct, again, at best. The end result is, it will be the same players that always play, regardless of how well they've been playing, because people will be too afraid of not picking the "obvious players". Please don't read this as sour grapes or negative thinking. Sometimes a thought just comes to me really clearly is this is one of those times.
I'm sorry that the middle of my sentence interrupted the beginning of yours.
rightcunnin

Location: further out of my f-in mind than previously thought.

Postby The Donator » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

10up wrote:Also, having Huspen play along with Harper, Sprague, and Yeti, (at that time) had a much better chance of being detrimental to the other 3 teams total scores.

gj

I forgot about Yeti playing a couple years ago. What a f-ing joke that was.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:18 pm

SARG27044 wrote:whos to say he does win at the 2 spot. hes good but if has an off day then u give points from our top two spots. and dan wtf i dont need any critzism of my game from u. no i havent figuered it all out but enough to know that i can kick ur ass at any course any day and how long have u been playin, cuz ive got more figured out about this game in a shorter period of time. i agree with u that last year we should have put clue at the two spot grant but we wont know the seeds til its time to tee off this year like last

First, I wasn't criticizing your game in any way, I have only good things to say about how good you and Grant have gotten since I've known you. Seriously, ask somebody. I just said that by using "I can throw better" as a backup to your arguments about seeding is comparing apples and oranges.

Secondly, I'm up for a challenge anytime.

Thirdly, you have been playing longer than me. I didn't pick up a disc until July of 2005. That added with my 8 month break makes about 2 and 1/2 years.
you're not the girl you think you are
10up

Postby 10up » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:22 pm

also, it got sunny, I was thinking about heading Grandview ways in a few.

Posted here because it's apparently getting alot of traffic
10up

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:26 pm

10up wrote:also, it got sunny, I was thinking about heading Grandview ways in a few.

Heading to the ICubs Game. Happy throwing
rightcunnin

Postby Single L » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:31 pm

rightcunnin wrote:
10up wrote:also, it got sunny, I was thinking about heading Grandview ways in a few.

Make sure to tell the Old Man in section 9 he needs to settle down a bit :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:33 pm

didnt mean to snap at ya just woke up from a nap and im cranky
SARG27044

Postby rightcunnin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:35 pm

porkchop wrote:
rightcunnin wrote:

Make sure to tell the Old Man in section 9 he needs to settle down a bit :lol:

Gotcha, tell the old man Corey said "will you shut the f^ck up!!!" :wink:
rightcunnin

Postby frogawitdafizzle » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:04 pm

SARG27044 wrote:whos to say he does win at the 2 spot. hes good but if has an off day then u give points from our top two spots. and dan wtf i dont need any critzism of my game from u. no i havent figuered it all out but enough to know that i can kick ur ass at any course any day and how long have u been playin, cuz ive got more figured out about this game in a shorter period of time. i agree with u that last year we should have put clue at the two spot grant but we wont know the seeds til its time to tee off this year like last

Clue played third spot and did fairly well.
Adam Stiers
Jesse Sauerbri
Justin McCluen
Matthew Frog Geers
Tyler Sarg
Grant Weaver
Super Dave McCuskey
Dan Klein

That was our line up last year, 2 points from the top 2 and zero from the bottom 2, if we would have moved the bottom two
to 1 and 2 and moved everyone down we might of made a bigger splash. I think that's the point grant was making, if your going to sacrifice players to people they cant beat, make sure they are your worst players, or like IC, have Ramsey play the #2 spot.
frogawitdafizzle

Postby shane » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 pm

The funny thing about Huspen is he will play up to the level when he's motivated. The guy actually has game, at times, just like a lot of us. Plus you also get the R Factor with it.
Are you ready for the Challenge?
shane

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:25 am

agreed that he has game sometimes. but with him on your team then u get to hear every shot he took from the previous round the speed the angle the skip. i just dont give a phuck
SARG27044

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:48 am

frogawitdafizzle wrote:

Adam Stiers
Jesse Sauerbri
Justin McCluen
Matthew Frog Geers
Tyler Sarg
Grant Weaver
Super Dave McCuskey
Dan Klein

That was our line up last year, 2 points from the top 2 and zero from the bottom 2, if we would have moved the bottom two
to 1 and 2 and moved everyone down we might of made a bigger splash. I think that's the point grant was making, if your going to sacrifice players to people they cant beat, make sure they are your worst players, or like IC, have Ramsey play the #2 spot.

You got it, Thats exactly what I was impying.
GaW27166

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:58 pm

GaW27166 wrote:
frogawitdafizzle wrote:

Adam Stiers
Jesse Sauerbri
Justin McCluen
Matthew Frog Geers
Tyler Sarg
Grant Weaver
Super Dave McCuskey
Dan Klein

You got it, Thats exactly what I was impying.
he said we might have made a bigger splash not we would have. all i was saying is that if u do that u better be sure your other seeds win or not only do u throw away the points from the one and two spots but u can also lose the others which would just be pointless.
SARG27044

Postby 10up » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:36 pm

SARG27044 wrote: u can also lose the others which would just be pointless.

Don't you mean less points?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:?
10up

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club