Grant Weaver #27166

Moderators: GDL17921, Clue, shane

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:32 pm

I forgot to mention I knocked Grant around the poker table Tuesday Night. Dominated him at the first table. Then punched him out at the joined table. Grant's patience ran thin early this week. From least played cards last week to most played this week. I don't know what happened. Must have been the pregame Guitar Hero got him all worked up or something. Definately not his normal self.

There's a happy ending to the story though. We head to Big Creek this weekend for a holiday tournament. Where as usual Grant is considered a local favorite no matter what division he is in (rumor has it he may be playing open :shock: ). Will GW prevail? Not if the other local Bushwhackers have anything to say about it. In three rounds at BC this year for BW's Grant averaged a 61 (lot less competitive setting mind you). While Leaf, Ticle's, and myslef all had better averages. with Leaf ranking at the top with an average of 57. Even with those given statistics Grant is still considered a close favorite. If we play the short pads for one round. It's over Grant crushes. If we play both rounds from the shorts, I may not even show up. Grant would have me beat before I even practice a putt on hole #9.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:44 pm

ha ha, omg this is up there with some of the gayest posts ever, keep em coming steve-o :lol:
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:59 pm

SARG27044 wrote:ha ha, omg this is up there with some of the gayest posts ever, keep em coming steve-o :lol:

Just curious, what are the gayest posts ever?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:23 pm

ill let ya know when u write em :wink: nah im just Chuckin with ya, i get a kick outta this thread, it just kinda sounds like those mancow skits where they have a guy that is a Harry Carey impersonater and he describes how the catcher is squating and all sorts of wierd shit :?
SARG27044

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:26 pm

I think my average is slightly innaccurate as 1 of those rounds was before I new how to "play" Big creek. I belive that was the first week and I shot like a 68 or somthing?
GaW27166

Postby Buzzznation » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:36 pm

GaW27166 wrote:I think my average is slightly innaccurate as 1 of those rounds was before I new how to "play" Big creek. I belive that was the first week and I shot like a 68 or somthing?

65 to be exact, followed by 62 and then 57. I guess if you look at it that way and based on average of improvement, you should shoot a 53 tommorow. I'll still beat you by a stroke though :D.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:40 pm

Well it felt like a 68. haha
GaW27166

Postby SARG27044 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:24 pm

C'mon. nobody's got nothing? :lol: i was hoping to see this thread get blown up today
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:29 am

Well, after numerous rough drafts, and much wasted paper, I have my review of GW's performance on Saturday.
Expectations were set high for Mr. Weaver as we all well know. Unfortunately the conditions prevailed. I had the priveledge of playing the first round with Grant. This of course came to life due to my special request to the TD. I also requested that Leaf be in the group in hope that his slow play would aid in crippling Grant's performance. Let me back up for a moment. For those that have not read the previous posts, I was scared, literally scared of playing at Big Creek with Mr. Weaver in attendance. It's like fighting an uphill battle against him out there. So any edge that I could give myself was much needed.
By coincidence we started on hole #5, Grant's least favorite, and most difficult hole on the course. When Grant shocked the world and got a 3 on hole that gets a 4 or worse on usaually, I knew it was over. I contemplated walking off the course and getting out of that wretched cold. This performance prevailed through the first few holes. All of us staying with in a srtroke of each other. Grant was living up to the hype and he was taking numbers.
I think I speak for the group in saying that hole #10 is when things started to go wrong for Mr. Weaver (and myself for those that are that are interested). Grant went with the trustworthy thumber as usual off the tee pad. Maybe it was the sub freezing temperatures, maybe it was the 30 mph winds, maybe it was the sheet of ice on half the teepad, to this day I still ponder on how and the heck what what was about to happen, happened.
Grant's thumber went straight right off the teepad throught the pine tree 30 feet from his release and dissapeared. After several minutes of searching and the group behind us on our a88, I looked up, and to my dismay, there was Grants disc, 60 feet up in the air, sitting at the highest peak of the tallest tree on the course, getting tossed around like a rag doll by the wind, but would not come down. I can’t remember the rest of the shots by GW on that hole, but they weren’t good. He ended up carding a 5 for the first time ever playing that hole (I took a 4). The “freak” got worse and it was a domino effect from there till the end of the round for Mr. Weaver.
In all due respect scores were very high that day. I felt that I played like sh*t, but it was par for the course, unless you’re “worst to first” Leaf. Grant’s thumber just couldn’t compete with the wind. In fact, his entire bag of tricks took a back seat to the 40 mph gusts. To sum up the day for Grant, we finish the story at hole #4, our last hole of the round. Grant throws his patent pending sky s flick. For 60 feet off the pad this thing was looking to be a story for the record books, instead, it ended up being a freak accident. Just as it started to sail through the gap on a perfect line, and when I say perfect, I’m talking a 50 foot jump putt perfect, it takes a 90 degree turn left dive right into the pine.
It was a rough day for everyone out there. And just for showing up you already had a heck of round IMO. Let it be known to everyone, this by all means does not change my attitude about GW and his dominance of Big Creek State Park, or his up and coming dominance anywhere for that matter. Thanks for the memories Grant.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby SARG27044 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am

haha, yes! this is what i wake up for :lol:
SARG27044

Postby Buzzznation » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:05 pm

SARG27044 wrote:haha, yes! this is what i wake up for :lol:

Me too.
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

Postby discgolfduval » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

I have to say the most shocking part of that write up on Big Creek is how he carded a 5 on hole 10. i've never seen him less than 40 feet away for a 2 there. Are you sure you didnt get your holes confused cause I still dont believe he 5'd it even after reading this. :? We must be talking about 2 different Grant Weavers or something.
discgolfduval

Postby SARG27044 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm

no he was too scared to throw his white firebirds in the snow so i let him use a brand new never thrown flick for thumbers. well he goes and throws it into the first tree on the right at about the highest point possible and it gets stuck. i was a card behind him and told him i was gonna kick his ass if he didnt climb the tree and get it. lol. well it fell down later so no harm done but his next couple of shots were as bad as his first. smartest thing i ever did was give him a new thumber disc for big creek. :lol:
SARG27044

Postby GaW27166 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:20 pm

discgolfduval wrote:I have to say the most shocking part of that write up on Big Creek is how he carded a 5 on hole 10. i've never seen him less than 40 feet away for a 2 there. Are you sure you didnt get your holes confused cause I still dont believe he 5'd it even after reading this. :? We must be talking about 2 different Grant Weavers or something.

Easy 5
GaW27166

Postby Buzzznation » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:39 am

The best part about that disc stuck in the tree, is the wind was blowing about 35 MPH. And that thing was getting tossed around like a ragdoll, but would not budge. How did it end up getting down anyways? Naturally, or did someone get it?
NO!......Welp!?
Buzzznation

PreviousNext

Return to Des Moines Disc Golf Club