5 new beers added to my lifetime list this weekend:
Sam Adams LONG SHOT Dortmunder Export
- A tasty lager. Not unique, but still delicious.
Sam Adams LONG SHOT Boysenberry Wheat
- I didn't like it. Too much berry. Too harsh.
Sam Adams LONG SHOT Old Ale
- This beer probably tasted the way it's supposed to, but it's just not my favorite style. Way too malty syrupy sweet for me. I think it reminded me of Flying Dog Horn Dog.
Ommegang Three Philsophers
- This was pretty darn tasty. It's a blend of a strong malty ale, and a traditional Belgian lambic. Lots of flavors going on, and although it was big and malty, I didn't get that cough syrup sensation at all.
Magic Hat #9
- The Magic Hat lineup is in full scale attack in Charlotte. I was glad to find a single bottle of the #9, because I would hate to be stuck with a 6-pack. Nothing horrible about it, just nothing great. It's allegedly an "english ale" (whatever that is), but the bottle noted "brewed with essence of apricot". The apricot wasn't strong, but the overall taste was just a little weird. Maybe I need to give it another try. Or maybe not.