Pin Positions

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Why is 13 never in the long?
Conrad 37988

Postby prodiscgolf » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Up until last fall, the anchor was missing - it got hit be one of the vehicles moving sand or mowing out there. We moved one of the practice pins out there so we could play it again. We need to remove some of those willows just in front of the pin so that there's a better landing area otherwise too many people will be in the river.
prodiscgolf

Postby Conrad 37988 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Please understand I don't prefer it be in the long. It just seems that someone worked hard to get that placement in, and it never gets used.
Conrad 37988

Postby jnecessary » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:18 am

Conrad 37988 wrote:Please understand I don't prefer it be in the long. It just seems that someone worked hard to get that placement in, and it never gets used.

I have only played 2 rounds this year, one at Peninsula...or I would have lugged it out there :)

We do need to chop up some of that willow stuff. I had thought about just thinning it out big time, leaving a dozen or so of them, not like they don't spring back up in a season.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:47 am

jnecessary wrote:
Conrad 37988 wrote:Please understand I don't prefer it be in the long. It just seems that someone worked hard to get that placement in, and it never gets used.

I have only played 2 rounds this year, one at Peninsula...or I would have lugged it out there :)

We do need to chop up some of that willow stuff. I had thought about just thinning it out big time, leaving a dozen or so of them, not like they don't spring back up in a season.

I will gladly move 13 basket, and baskets 6 and 10 as well, if I can borrow some keys. It would be great to have all 3 of those signature holes back. Even if they are not in perfect playing condition due to willows or downed trees, they are still SO much better than the shorts. Sugar and Turkey are nice shorter courses, why not let Pen fill a different niche.
IHearChains

Postby diskey river » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:26 am

^^
agreed, but to make the long playable on 6, that tree is gonna have to go, and 10 is currently in long
diskey river

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:41 am

Conrad 37988 wrote:Why is 13 never in the long?

This statement is inaccurate. It was in the long from the middle of October until the middle of January.

It was getting dark the other night when Jason and I moved ten of the baskets on the course so we skipped hole thirteen. It will be moved in the near future.
You can only be offended if you want to be.
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:43 am

Jim:
I might be able to borrow my neighbor's chainsaw.
What day or time is good for me to meet you out there and we can clear up the tree down on hole five in about 30 minutes and the tree on hole six in about an hour?
Andy
Hamer

Postby Hamer » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:48 am

Greg:
Hole ten is already moved long. Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway. It was getting dark the other night or Jason and I would have also moved hole thirteen. We will move it in the near future. We did move ten of the baskets on the course. You should get out there and play the current layout.
Andy
Hamer

Postby jnecessary » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm

Hamer wrote:Jim:
I might be able to borrow my neighbor's chainsaw.
What day or time is good for me to meet you out there and we can clear up the tree down on hole five in about 30 minutes and the tree on hole six in about an hour?
Andy

Goin' out of town tomorrow. Sometime next week possibly, though I might be picking up some after work..work..not sure yet on that, but it would limit my evenings.
jnecessary

Postby IHearChains » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:32 am

Hamer wrote:Greg:
Hole ten is already moved long. Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway. It was getting dark the other night or Jason and I would have also moved hole thirteen. We will move it in the near future. We did move ten of the baskets on the course. You should get out there and play the current layout.
Andy

Thanks for moving them! I got out there with my son last night and we had a great time.
IHearChains

Postby IHearChains » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:14 am

Hamer wrote:Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway.

Done. I left the main trunk where it lies, but it is otherwise clear and ready for play. I will be happy to move the basket if anyone will lend me a key. The deadfall on hole 5 is also cut up but the stuff still needs to be dragged off.
IHearChains

Postby IHearChains » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:47 pm

IHearChains wrote:
Hamer wrote:Hole six will not be moved until the tree is cleaned up from the fairway.

Done. I left the main trunk where it lies, but it is otherwise clear and ready for play. I will be happy to move the basket if anyone will lend me a key. The deadfall on hole 5 is also cut up but the stuff still needs to be dragged off.

Has anyone moved the 6 basket yet? I will be happy to do it, but I need a key.
IHearChains

Postby Buzzz Killington » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Andy, I have been heading out there with Captain's chainsaw a couple of mornings last and this week. Is there anyway I could mark trees so yous guys could do some solo work? When I asked Jeff and the city about doing the things I want to do, they both added some chores for me =)
This 14" Craftsman isn't cutting it. Captain did mention something about carving up the tree on 6 into stools (like what we had before the flood) for each teepad. Any other trees/debris can be cut into 6' sections and I'll move them soon!
Buzzz Killington

Postby Captain » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:08 am

Buzzz Killington wrote:This 14" Craftsman isn't cutting it.!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

14 incher not cutting it??????
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park