Peninsula Message Board

Postby cubspunc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:02 pm

Nice work on the course. I know you said you still have a lot to do, but the layout is great.
cubspunc

Postby Cydisc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:41 pm

I'll be out there this Saturday, Jeff. Aaron's games are at 11:00 and 3:00, so I'll probably have some time from 12:30-2:30 to visit the course. Let me know if you're free.
Cydisc

Postby SpikeHyzer » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:40 am

Steve:

Any chance you could take some pic's of the course while you are there? I have heard great things about this course and would love to see some shots of it.

Thanks,
JT
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination.
SpikeHyzer

Stuff

Postby prodiscgolf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:19 am

Steve, I'll have to see what time my daughter's volleyball game is Saturday morning. I'll try to negotiate for some more time away from the fam. I'll send you an e-mail with my cell # so you can call me when you get ready to head over to the course.

I've taken a bunch of photos, but haven't asked our IT guru to post any pics yet. That could be my next project.

Kevin, Kelly, and Corey moved the baskets into the B positions yesterday. It a whole new course again!
prodiscgolf

Postby Bradbalk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:13 am

If you want to you can email me the pics and I can post them here for you, and you can link them right to your site.
Bradbalk
Site Admin

Re: Stuff

Postby The Donator » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:15 am

prodiscgolf wrote:Kevin, Kelly, and Corey moved the baskets into the B positions yesterday. It a whole new course again!

YES IT IS. Stibs said its a couple strokes easier, but I am calling BS on that right now :lol: . Ive never been to an NC course, but the front 9 has to be pretty close to anything NC has to offer as far as tightness of the holes.
I speak my mind, cuz bitin' my tongue hurts
The Donator

Photos

Postby prodiscgolf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:11 pm

The picture files are huge though. I don't feel right sending them from my work e-mail because it would be a huge .zip file. I just sent one set to a sponsor thanking them for their donation and it was 6 MB for 5 pics.
prodiscgolf

Postby Cydisc » Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:12 am

If the weather forecast plays out like it's supposed to, I'm probably not going to play tomorrow.
Cydisc

Postby Furthur » Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:43 pm

I think the couse plays a few strokes easier. I've been playing the B's a bit by myself this week (shorter tees), and find there are more birdie oppertunities from these pin positions.
Furthur

Postby Single L » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:16 pm

I have played all 4 layouts about 6 times each, I would have to disagree.

Although two of the hardest holes on the course are taken out of the red to A layout (6 and 13), the red to B layout adds more difficult holes (1, 8, 10, 18 ) while making the deuces harder, which makes it a tougher layout.

Mentally I would agree that the red to A layout is harder than the red to B layout, but score wise the red to B is harder than the red to A.

If you were going to tell be the blue to B was easier I would have laughed at you. :lol:
"I'm not impressed with aces of any kind. 95% of the time, they're just bad shots that got lucky and happened to hit the chains. Otherwise, they'd have sailed 50' past the hole." ~ Cydisc
Single L

Postby AO » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:36 pm

What a course! I played it for the 1st time yesterday with Clay and Aaron. I threw almost all the discs in my bag and the course was very fair but very challenging. I played blind with Clay and Aaron's help and shot a 51 from the blue pads to the B pin position. Clay was thinking that was a hot round. 5 dueces and 2 4's. Did not shoot as well from the red pads but it was like playing 2 entire different courses on the same exact land. I don't think I have seen a course like this. Congrats and great work to all the people who were involved!
AO

Postby Cydisc » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:51 pm

cydisc11895 wrote:If the weather forecast plays out like it's supposed to, I'm probably not going to play tomorrow.

I lied. Jeff and I played it this afternoon in the cold and rain. I can't wait to play it when it's warm and dry. If that course gets on a regular mowing schedule, it's going to be hot. Heck, even with the long fairway grass, it looks pretty good.
Cydisc

Pics

Postby prodiscgolf » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 am

I gave our IT guy Luke a flash drive with pics on it from the Peninsula course. As his time permits, he will find a way to display the photos. They are typically just tee shot photos so most won't do the holes justice. I included the pdf of the tee signs so hopefully he can link to that also so you all can get a better picture of the holes. They'll be posted off our website http://iowadiscgolf.org.
prodiscgolf

Postby Furthur » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:03 pm

porkchop wrote:If you were going to tell be the blue to B was easier I would have laughed at you. :lol:

If I said that, I'd have to laugh at myself. For the record anyway, I got totally toasted this weekend from the reds to B's. My best score is still red to A (57).
Furthur

Postby Furthur » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:05 pm

AO wrote: I played blind with Clay and Aaron's help and shot a 51 from the blue pads to the B pin position. Clay was thinking that was a hot round. 5 dueces and 2 4's.

I'd say a 51 is a pretty hot round out there!
Furthur

PreviousNext

Return to Iowa City - Peninsula Park